PDA

View Full Version : what would be wrong here???

i3abyjay25
01-29-2003, 01:41 PM
ok, in my last car, i had a kenwood kdc 8011 HU and 3 mtx bluethunders amps(2 150x2 bridged for 420 watts, and a 500x4 for my highs and mids) the 2 150x2 were pushing 2 kicker comps apiece.. 2 speaker to each amp.. well.. 1 day, all 3 amps started cutting off and back on, off and on.. like short.. so i unhooked them.. and just ran my highs and mids off the HU.. well, then my HU started to do the same.. it would cut off and on...wha would this be from? did my alt. go bad?? was i just looseing to many volts? or what would or could cause this problem?? a few weeks later i took the hu out and replaced it w/ the stock radio.. it played fine.. no problems.. and i gave the HU to a friend.. it played fine in his car as well no problems? also, i havent hooked up the amps since. so do u think they will still work?? or do u think they may have a short.. i guess ill just have to hook them up and find out for my self.. i no longer have this car.. i sold it.. i was just wandering why or wha would cause this??

i3abyjay25
01-30-2003, 01:22 AM
ok. i guess no one knows

lv4sndz
01-30-2003, 02:41 AM
Hey dude whats up. Well the only thing that i can think of is that maybe one or maybe acouple of your interior speakers may be blown. That would diffently cause the amps to turn on then off. Also it would make the after market deck do the same problem. The only reason that the factory deck wouldnt do the on off thing is because factory decks notoursly dont have saftey circuits in them. Makin ghtem stay on even with blown speakers.....;)

mgaidica
01-30-2003, 07:37 PM
the reason i didnt reply is cause that was to long to read.

Wonderbread
02-05-2003, 12:01 AM
sounds like it was avoltage problem...

i3abyjay25
02-06-2003, 05:11 PM
i dont really think it was a voltage proble, could have been, but reason i think this is because i now have a voltage problem in my vehicle now, and my last car didnt act like this? last car i also had a larger alt, and a cap.. and less power ran? but still, it may have been.. i dont really know the deal w/ blown speakers, but that souunds about like the problem.. but then again, i had kappas, how hard are they to blow?

Wonderbread
02-07-2003, 01:21 AM
it depends on teh speaker and what you do to them..
most speaker blowing is user error...

i3abyjay25
02-07-2003, 01:24 AM
yeah, well these kappas got baked.. not by power but by heat... the sun baked them so that prob had a good effect on them then,,,.. and if thats was the problem, and my amps and HU flickered, would that mean that my amps and HU got fried, or just not working cause of the blown speakers? i havent hooked them up since.. and that has been about a year ago

i3abyjay25
02-10-2003, 03:04 PM
haveing te bad speakers hooked up, would that blow my amps and HU.. or would it just clipped them?