PDA

View Full Version : In Dash Video HU with Best Video iPod Interface

t00fatt
03-04-2007, 11:59 AM
I have been to several local stores looking for a single DIN flip out monitor. All the people I talked to didn't really know much and the in dash HUs. None of them had and HUs with the iPod interface installed. I am looking to invest a good amount of money in a new one. The most important thing for me is the iPod interface. I want the best iPod video interface, where I can control the music and video from the HU. I was told alpine has the best iPod video interface, but only the 6.5" can do video while the 7" can just do music. I would prefer getting a 7" monitor over a 6.5". I have looked a bit on here but all I could find was info on normal decks and not monitors. Which HU do you think has the best Video iPod Interface?

EDIT: Also does anyone have any experience with the Bluetooth Adapters?

iceteebone
03-04-2007, 12:01 PM
alpine is the only on i believe that offers full speed. i used the new kca-422i on a regular deck and it was just ****. btw what is 0.5" gonna hurt? i would imagine that on the video's the alpine would be the best since it's full speed

TxIceMan
03-04-2007, 12:39 PM
Kenwood DDX8019.

http://www.kenwoodusa.com/products/ListProduct.aspx?k1=2&k2=38&k3=149&pr=2733

t00fatt
03-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Thanks , I think I am going to go with the alpine IVA-D100. I think the interface is kind of ugly though, I want to see what the kenwoods USB iPod interface is like. TxIceMan I'm looking for a single DIN not a double, and I have looked at their site. I want personal experience, I know what's are out there.

iceteebone
03-04-2007, 01:01 PM
it's a wire, who cares what it looks like :laugh:

jmanpc
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
The Jensen VM9311 has the best iPod interface i've ever used, believe it or not... it's laid out exactly like an iPod, and is very, very, verrrry easy to use. I know people knock on Jensen, but that's a very user-friendly, feature-packed unit, and it's very inexpensive.

pimpedout97x
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
The Jensen VM9311 has the best iPod interface i've ever used, believe it or not... it's laid out exactly like an iPod, and is very, very, verrrry easy to use. I know people knock on Jensen, but that's a very user-friendly, feature-packed unit, and it's very inexpensive.

x2, my boy had one, his was touchscreen, and it lays out the ipod on the screen....really cool and user friendly

jmanpc
03-04-2007, 01:06 PM
http://www.audiovox.com/images/products/vm9311_x.jpg

can't beat that.

pimpedout97x
03-04-2007, 01:24 PM
thats so tight

t00fatt
03-05-2007, 12:13 PM
it's a wire, who cares what it looks like :laugh:
No not the cable, the GUI(Graphic User Interface) of the HU. I am a student programmer so the GUI of the HU is very important to me, and a lot of these HU have cheapo quick ugly GUIs. I like that Jensen HU, the only thing I don't really like about it is it's a Jensen, but that is by far the best GUI I have seen on a HU.

AVSTANG02
03-05-2007, 03:42 PM
No not the cable, the GUI(Graphic User Interface) of the HU. I am a student programmer so the GUI of the HU is very important to me, and a lot of these HU have cheapo quick ugly GUIs. I like that Jensen HU, the only thing I don't really like about it is it's a Jensen, but that is by far the best GUI I have seen on a HU.

You sir are a loser.

Your in the wrong hobby if your looking for pretty GUIs...

Wtf does being a student programmer have to do with car audio and guis? u ****ing ****.

Benilson09
03-05-2007, 03:46 PM

I'm not a jensen fan either but that unit is nice especially at the price it sells for.

t00fatt
03-06-2007, 01:21 PM
You sir are a loser.

Your in the wrong hobby if your looking for pretty GUIs...

Wtf does being a student programmer have to do with car audio and guis? u ****ing ****.

I'm sorry I'm not an idiot such as yourself. I do want the best HU with the best software. Why? Well because only an idiot would drop a grand on a HU just because it costs a grand. Software is just as important as the hardware. Does it need to be pretty? No, if there was a HU that ran a console OS that would be perfect. So don't post anything unless you actually know wtf your talking about.

AVSTANG02
03-06-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm sorry I'm not an idiot such as yourself. I do want the best HU with the best software. Why? Well because only an idiot would drop a grand on a HU just because it costs a grand. Software is just as important as the hardware. Does it need to be pretty? No, if there was a HU that ran a console OS that would be perfect. So don't post anything unless you actually know wtf your talking about.

You just said because your a student programmer u want a pretty GUI.. wtf make up your mind..

The quality of the software has nothing to do with the quality of the graphics... and the quality of graphics has nothing to do with sound quality...

jmanpc
03-06-2007, 04:19 PM
The jensen is actually a nice unit... we sold a bunch of em at CC, and never had one come back. we had one in the wall that was abused every day by stupid customers, and was left on 24/7.... but again, it always worked.

jmanpc
03-06-2007, 04:29 PM
i just dont like that "jensen" name. . . i am sure in 10 years it will be like jensen > alpine.

.... true, at the rate alpine's going....

t00fatt
03-07-2007, 01:04 AM
You just said because your a student programmer u want a pretty GUI.. wtf make up your mind..

The quality of the software has nothing to do with the quality of the graphics... and the quality of graphics has nothing to do with sound quality...

No you just assumed that. I want the all around best, so yes graphics matter but function is most important.

t00fatt
03-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Looks like I'll be getting the Jensen in a couple weeks. Anyone have more experience with the Jensen HU?