PDA

View Full Version : box shapes, does it matter?

mgaidica
01-28-2003, 10:02 PM
say i make this shape box, (although my drawing is very rough) will it effect my subwoofers sound? I have to do this cause my **** wheel well sticks up and otherwise i cant get the right cu ft for each sub. picture below....

paikiah
01-28-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by mgaidica
say i make this shape box, (although my drawing is very rough) will it effect my subwoofers sound? I have to do this cause my **** wheel well sticks up and otherwise i cant get the right cu ft for each sub. picture below....

SO long as the box is not like 20 feet long, it shouldn't matter...it's what I've heard. But people do say in theory a perfect cube is NOT good.. so if you've got an enclosure that has a somewhat odd- agle, all the better, according to theory~:D

mgaidica
01-28-2003, 10:06 PM
http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/showphoto.php?photo=560

(sorry, the picture wouldnt work at first)

ss3079
01-28-2003, 10:08 PM

As long as the internal cubic feet is that of which is liked by the sub, you should be fine. That perfect cube thing, yeah, the box would need to be huge for it to have any negative effect im pretty sure.

- Steve

bumpin_8605
01-28-2003, 10:08 PM
you should be alright as longas there are no really shrp angles so there could be dead air in thT SPOT

mgaidica
01-28-2003, 10:12 PM
alright, cool.

paikiah
01-28-2003, 10:32 PM
alright, cool.

Ok, checked out your drawing... I don't see anything that would cause a problem... so long as the internal volume is ideal for the subs, the shape doesn't matter..

http://gallery.caraudio.com/pp/data/501/5134overall_side-med.jpg

an image of my box... it's angular, yet it's not... it sounds good for a weak system...:)

mgaidica
01-28-2003, 10:39 PM
thats what i was thinkn, thanks