PDA

View Full Version : Mounting question regarding Crystal SSCS6's

Latina33
03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
I have a set of Crystal components installed for my front stage with only two screws per woofer holding them in at the moment.

Will only having them mounted with two a side invite damage to the speaker during everyday use, or is there anything to worry about?

the reason that there is only two is that I bought a set of baffles online that ended up not fitting correctly, and when they were installed, we were only able to get two screws drilled through to the doors because of daylight restrictions.

DejaWiz
03-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Have you noticed any rattling or vibration coming from where they are mounted?

Gary S
03-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Look up red devil removable sealant (silicon)... you can buy it online at their site... it has a special adhesive that peels off when you remove the speakers, won't void speaker warranty. Every install shop in the country should be using this stuff.

The Crystal SSCS are aluminum baskets... they will break or crack before they bend... and I don't think they will break in your install... but you want them to be well sealed to prevent air leaks.

I would not use only two screws with a steel basket driver though.

DejaWiz
03-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Look up red devil removable sealant (silicon)... you can buy it online at their site... it has a special adhesive that peels off when you remove the speakers, won't void speaker warranty. Every install shop in the country should be using this stuff.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to look into it.

Is this (http://www.reddevil.com/productDetail.cfm?id=0606RT&c=&cat=) the stuff?

Gary S
03-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Here it is... scroll to bottom of the page:

ZIP-A-WAY® Removable Sealant

http://www.reddevil.com/products.cfm?c=cs&cat=42

DejaWiz
03-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Cool, I was right. Lucky guess. ;)

Latina33
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for replies, fellas! No, I don't hear any rattling as of right now....they sounds very nice, actually! :) But I know I DO need to get two more screws in to secure them down better.

Gary, that silicone stuff looks like it would be really nice to apply to these speakers. Thanks for the link/info! Much appreciated!

dleccord
03-01-2007, 10:54 PM
3 does the job on mines.