PDA

View Full Version : Ports?

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 02:25 PM
how can i make my own port ? and what do i need ?

Thxxxx

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Mayshno
how can i make my own port ? and what do i need ?

Thxxxx You can either make it out of PVC piping, or make a rectangular port with MDF. I think rectangular ports are easy, plus there is less of a chance of port noise with them. This is what mine looks like:

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 02:43 PM
if u have more pics of ur box PLZ email them to me [email protected] thx a lot .... cuz i still didnt get the idea of ur box ;p

thx a lot .

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 02:45 PM
if u have more pics of ur box PLZ email them to me [email protected] thx a lot .... cuz i still didnt get the idea of ur box ;p

thx a lot . I only have one other one, and it doesn't show much. I'll take some more this weekend, and send em your way.

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks , waiting for them :cool:

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Thanks , waiting for them :cool: In the mean time, what don't you understand? I can try and explain it to ya;)

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 02:53 PM
do u have sites or pics of other enclosures that have the same port as urs ????????????

and can u give me ported box dimensions for 2 '12' subs with the port that ur using ???

i have pioneer priemer (Recom 1 ft per sub<sealed>)

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 02:56 PM
do u have sites or pics of other enclosures that have the same port as urs ????????????

and can u give me ported box dimensions for 2 '12' subs with the port that ur using ???

i have pioneer priemer (Recom 1 ft per sub<sealed>) Oh boy..sure, gimme a little while though. You know the dimensions you have to work with offhand? That would help me a lot.
You know I'm missing class to help your *** out. Lol, j/k, wasn't going to it anyway!

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Lool okay tyt when ur free just try to sketch or figure out the dimensions coz i am stuiped in this box building thing hehe ...... thanks :D :crazy:

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 03:06 PM
Lool okay tyt when ur free just try to sketch or figure out the dimensions coz i am stuiped in this box building thing hehe ...... thanks :D :crazy: k, I'm not real good with WinISD, but I think this is right. I got 2.673 cu ft., tuned to 33 Hz. But I need to know what dimensions you have to work with in your car. So get back to me, ok?

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 03:40 PM
My Max Dimensions in my trunk r : H 14 , W 25 , D 25 (Dont want to take up all the space)

but i think they will be enough ,,, i might go for sealed since ported is a bit hard to do .... am not sure till now ..... :confused:

:o

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 03:43 PM
My Max Dimensions in my trunk r : H 14 , W 25 , D 25 (Dont want to take up all the space)

but i think they will be enough ,,, i might go for sealed since ported is a bit hard to do .... am not sure till now ..... :confused:

:o I was gonna say, with those subs, I say you go sealed. It will get loud but still be very accurate if you go sealed. Around 2 cu.ft. should do.

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 03:47 PM
can u add me : [email protected]

thanks.

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 03:48 PM
can u add me : [email protected]

thanks. huh:confused:

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 03:50 PM
sorry then , i ll keep it here , jmac told me 1.5 per sub is good . and in my subs manuals it says 1.0 per sub.

:crazy: weho0ooo

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 03:50 PM
sorry then , i ll keep it here , jmac told me 1.5 per sub is good . and in my subs manuals it says 1.0 per sub.

:crazy: weho0ooo listen to Jmac...he's a lot better at this than me...:D

Mayshno
01-28-2003, 03:53 PM
thx for ur help anyway it was nice of ya:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Randy Savage
01-28-2003, 03:54 PM
thx for ur help anyway it was nice of ya:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D NP, good luck w/ the box, better get some pics of it all when its done and show us.:D

Mayshno
01-29-2003, 09:02 AM
hi again

BTW do u know where i can buy ports for a ported enclosure online ??????

Thx

paikiah
01-29-2003, 09:54 AM
Might get a bit tricky, getting it shipped to Kuwait...

As snova says,why don't you try out the slot ports? if you really insist on a port, then I thinkslots would be easier...plus, you could make it look really good if you're creative...;)

Mayshno
01-29-2003, 10:59 AM
i have a friend in florida , i talked to him earlier toady he said he can send me what i wanted (Fedex) .

yea and i got some poly-fill for the box toady about 3 pounds = 9$

and another thing am BAD in making boxes or making anything out of wood :rolleyes:

:cool:

paikiah
01-29-2003, 08:26 PM
i have a friend in florida , i talked to him earlier toady he said he can send me what i wanted (Fedex) .

yea and i got some poly-fill for the box toady about 3 pounds = 9$

and another thing am BAD in making boxes or making anything out of wood :rolleyes:

:cool:

If that's the case, there are like a dozen or so places where you can find circular ports. Well, you might not be happy with the results, if the port has turbulence...then it'll sound like your sub cone is a rag...