PDA

View Full Version : need advice quick...

howdogg
02-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Hey All,

Would it be possible or advisable to run the woofer of a Crystal SSCS 6.5" component set by itself without the tweeter for rear fill? If so, would you run it full-range or through the passive crossover? Or is this just a bad idea altogether?

Along with the crystals, my setup would consist of a Rainbow SLC 265 kick component set up front and two 8" CVR's under the rear seat. Comps and crystals would each be getting about 120 watts of power, subs about 200 watts each.

I could either use the crystals as described above or I could ship them back and get some 6.5" coaxials for rear fill. I know the crystals really hit hard for 6.5 inchers and I'd prefer to use them for that reason, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I need your advice! Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!

Gary S
02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Sure, you could use the mids for rear fill... why not? Would probably be better that way.... without the tweeters, it will help keep the front image up front, where it should be.

The crossover just blends the tweet and mid together for a flat response... since you don't need the tweeter, you don't need the crossover either.

However, I recommend not doing rear fill unless you send them an actual surround signal from a surround processor, or you at least have a delay processor on them. Without that, it usually hurts a system more than it helps.

Consider sending them back/ selling them and putting your money elsewhere in the system.

///M5
02-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Best idea would be no rear speakers at all.