PDA

View Full Version : Is it Worth It???

zwbuntster
02-27-2007, 01:38 AM
OK. I recently bought a 1994 Acura Integra 2-door auto LS. It has around 130k miles, and is stock. I have been looking at some mods and stuff like that, but I started to wonder if it was worth doing anything to this car? The problems I see is the 130k, automatic, and non-vtec. What do you guys think? Thanks

jmanpc
02-27-2007, 01:39 AM
if you want to be the typical ricer kid, then sure.

bholtmeier
02-27-2007, 02:42 AM
Ill say this. If your rich, it is, if your not........waste it on CAR AUDIO!!!!

SAG3
02-27-2007, 03:02 AM
Turbo is the only way to get any power out of the B18b.

Skip01
02-27-2007, 03:08 PM

True....but his auto tranny wont hold much over stock.

I wouldn't waste my time with an auto if it were me....just my opinion.

NhustlaR
02-27-2007, 03:09 PM
me either. drive it into the ground

Octavio
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
130K is to much for me at least IMO

zwbuntster
02-28-2007, 01:45 AM
So if I do not do anything to it, would it be worth it to put in a nice sound system? I mean, if I am going to run this car until it dies, is the system that important. By this, I mean should I put close to 1k into the sounds when I will not do anything else to the car? Thanks

jonnybusa
03-01-2007, 01:02 AM
OK. I recently bought a 1994 Acura Integra 2-door auto LS. It has around 130k miles, and is stock. I have been looking at some mods and stuff like that, but I started to wonder if it was worth doing anything to this car? The problems I see is the 130k, automatic, and non-vtec. What do you guys think? Thanks

Its definately not worth it. Not because of the mileage, but because of the engine. Only v-tec's will make decent power. You can put a turbo on your car, but it really wont make much power.
Actually, a good idea would be to just find a used v-tec w/ fairly low miles, and a matching tranny. That way, you're ahead of the game. The turbo you'd put on your car now will only net you about what the engine swap will net you, but for close to 1/2 the price. Then in the future, you can add the bolt ons, NOS, or turbo/blower, and start making respectable power.

NhustlaR
03-01-2007, 01:15 AM
I would definitly throw a system in there. you can always move it to another car :)

kotec123
03-01-2007, 01:17 AM
def do a system

zwbuntster
03-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Its definately not worth it. Not because of the mileage, but because of the engine. Only v-tec's will make decent power. You can put a turbo on your car, but it really wont make much power.
Actually, a good idea would be to just find a used v-tec w/ fairly low miles, and a matching tranny. That way, you're ahead of the game. The turbo you'd put on your car now will only net you about what the engine swap will net you, but for close to 1/2 the price. Then in the future, you can add the bolt ons, NOS, or turbo/blower, and start making respectable power.

I am not looking to get super power because I am not planing on racing. This is more of an everyday car that I just want to look nice, handle decnetly, and sound good. So, would it still be worth putting in a system, and then maybe work on the looks and stuff? Let me know wht you guys think.

Prowler573
03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
I am not looking to get super power because I am not planing on racing. This is more of an everyday car that I just want to look nice, handle decnetly, and sound good. So, would it still be worth putting in a system, and then maybe work on the looks and stuff? Let me know wht you guys think.

Pretty much any vehicle is worth putting a system in if you plan on having to drive the car for any appreciable length of time.

The great part about audio gear is that when the time comes for you and the vehicle to part company the audio equipment doesn't have to go with it. It can be removed and used in the next ride.

Parts, however, are a different story altogether. If you buy parts for that Acura then later replace the car with say....a Blazer, then I can't imagine any of those Acura parts being too useful to you for the BowTie.

So, yeah, do the system. The rest is basically all about how much $$$ you want to invest in a car that isn't all that upgradeable on a budget.

Skip01
03-01-2007, 02:00 PM

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA omg thats the worse info ever given on any site to date.

Mann you do know that LS engine responds better to turbo than any vtec engine because of its longer stroke.

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1323059

366 pages of nothin but Turboed LS engines and setups.
Typically you can run about 10psi and make about 250-260hp and about 220tq....well worth the investment of about 3k imo.

Vtec is soooo overrated...only time it would be better is if your going allmotor or if your worried about gas mileage since thats what it was made for.

Im just gonna leave this lil dyno sheet here:

http://www.importreview.com/dyno/turbo/turbonovtec.jpg

But i still stand by my original statement because of ur auto tranny....5psd manual swap and your good to go.:)

And any car is worth putitng a system in since you can take it out if you sell the car..soo def a nice setup would be first imho

zwbuntster
03-01-2007, 02:23 PM
First of all, I do not have the money to put a turbo in even though that would be pretty nice. Plus, I am not racing so I wouldn't use it to the full potential. As for the manual swap, those are at least 1k and I just so no think that is worth it. I think that I will put in my system, but otherwise I am not sure.

Skip01
03-01-2007, 02:47 PM
First of all, I do not have the money to put a turbo in even though that would be pretty nice. Plus, I am not racing so I wouldn't use it to the full potential. As for the manual swap, those are at least 1k and I just so no think that is worth it. I think that I will put in my system, but otherwise I am not sure.

Good Luck...Tegs can get pretty loud.;)

jonnybusa
03-01-2007, 07:43 PM

NO, BUT WHAT I'M SAYING IS IF YOU ARE GONNA SPEND THE MONEY FOR A TURBO, INSTEAD DO THE ENGINE SWAP, SO IN THE FUTURE YOU CAN ADD MORE STUFF. ITS JUST A WASTE OF MONEY FOR A TURBO FOR THAT ENGINE.

SO, IF YOU WANT OPINIONS, MINE IS IF YOU SAY YOU DONT WANT TO RACE IT OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS, AND PUT A SYSTEM IN IT.

IF YOU GET BORED W/ THAT, YOU CAN ALWAYS SELL THE SYSTEM, AND GO FOR SPEED/POWER......JUST GET RID OF THAT ENGINE FIRST........ITS TRULY A WASTE OF MONEY TO TURBO IT. THE ONLY WAY TO SEE PERFORMANCE OUTTA IT, IS TO SPEND LIKE $5K, AND COMPLETELY WORK IT TO THE BALLS.......THEN YOU ARE PUSHING THE POWER A SLIGHTLY MODDED VTEC WOULD BE PUSHING.

SO......

VTEC AND MODS, OR STOCK ENGINE AND BANGIN SYSTEM......

GOOD LUCK

smd4life
03-01-2007, 07:45 PM

not always....but is by far the cheapest to get reasonable power....by reasonable i mean 200+

NX2000DET
03-23-2007, 09:04 PM
boost it