PDA

View Full Version : Truck guys i need your opinion

stuckinok
02-27-2007, 12:08 AM
alright fellas ive done hondas, Nissans and my current car is a a Vdub passat 1.8t. Now i wanna try something different so i wanted to try and customize a old school truck. I have a neighbor selling a 1975 Dodge D100 shortbed pickup with a slant 6 in good condition for only 750 bucks! only small body work needs to be done and the engine and tranny are only a year old..I really like it because it used to be a military truck so it only has the bare basics in which is good...I also like it because its a short bed which is real nice...would this truck be good for my needs of weekend criuse stunner! I mean i just want something with a simple clean paint maybe some 22s and nice clean interior and of cousre clean sounds :p: but is this a good truck?

Thanks

FineLinePimpin
03-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Look for rotting panels..look for rotting frame rails...the slant six..good luck doing any type of decent speed with that engine rolling 22's. Also check that engine for leaking oil from everywhere. replacement body panels could be a pain as well. Also check you seat frame mounting point ..they may have rusted through.

sixfootman2005
03-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Look for rotting panels..look for rotting frame rails...the slant six..good luck doing any type of decent speed with that engine rolling 22's. Also check that engine for leaking oil from everywhere. replacement body panels could be a pain as well. Also check you seat frame mounting point ..they may have rusted through.

x2 on that....i had an 85 with the slant 6....was a good motor but was slow as hell

dbman150
03-24-2007, 07:50 PM
make sure you check for rust on the gas tank brackets to