PDA

View Full Version : Installer to Installer questioN!!help!!

ulrichkiller1o1
02-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I just bought the hornet 564T remote start secuity combo....i am a ceritifed installer so i do know what i am doing but i dont know wtf is wrong!. i have a 1990 300zx and i just installed it yesterday..but theres 2 problems...The tach wont program...and i do have the rite tach wire.... and when the engine cranks as soon as it fires the engine dies...now if i put the key in the ign, in the run\on position and hit the remote start...it starts...i dont know wtf....this car does have a stock antitheift system, put it is disarmed... i did not hook it up to the remote start yet but thats my next step...also i checked the true ignition wire while it attemps to start...it goes hot when the engine cranks but as soon as it fires the true ignitions cuts power????wtf is wrong?!?!? ive checked everything but hookin the stock arm\disarm wires up to the brain ...its driving me insane!!:eek:

lrgnation
02-25-2007, 01:28 PM
some kind of remote lockout device. or immobilizer. I think a part of the factory alarm is still tied in.

ulrichkiller1o1
02-25-2007, 01:35 PM
some kind of remote lockout device. or immobilizer. I think a part of the factory alarm is still tied in.

you think hookin the arm\disarm wires up to the remote start mite help

maldecido33
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
what kind of car? you more than likely need a bypass for the the stock anti-theft system (not to be confused with the stock alarm)

mokedaddy
02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
If the immobilizer isnt connected to teh r/s yet than that is why it starts and than dies. As far as your tach wire, make sure it is a good connection. Did you use wire taps or the strip and twist on to the factory wires method?

ulrichkiller1o1
02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
If the immobilizer isnt connected to teh r/s yet than that is why it starts and than dies. As far as your tach wire, make sure it is a good connection. Did you use wire taps or the strip and twist on to the factory wires method?

well according to dei my car doesnt need an immobilizer bypass, simply because its a 1990 nissan 300zx, i dont even think immobilizers came out yet..yea the tach is a good connection...stip..twist and solder, i even checked the reading with my meter all the way up to the brain....

mokedaddy
02-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Than maybe it could be a bad unit. Do you access to another brain to swap it out and see if that is the problem?

ulrichkiller1o1
02-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Than maybe it could be a bad unit. Do you access to another brain to swap it out and see if that is the problem?

no not a r\s.....but i dont know my car also has 2 starter wires....not the usual on fat one skinny, i have the one fat one that was previously cut from my old alarm to the relay sattalite. and anoter fat st. wire...key\side motor\side and i have 2 (3amp) diodes connecting to the other starter wire....i did that after the first time the r\s wouldnt start and run my car...but still the same problem, also my true ignition wire is tapped into by the thin yello wire that went to the old harness to the old alarm and i just connected the heavy guage ign. wire to thr relay satallite to that thin ign.wire....that couldnt be causing problems...any one that thing they can help....message me asap or even call if you if feel you can help id GREATLY aprechieate it.....732-425-7741
-GREG

KaeZoo
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Both of your problems could be caused by not having your ignition output (from the relay pack) connected to the right vehicle ignition wire.

If your remote start works with the key on, and not with the key off, then that means the key switch is powering a wire that the remote start isn't. Period. Since the engine won't keep running, chances are there's an ignition wire not hooked up. And if the ignition output from the relay pack isn't connected to a real ignition wire, then the tach won't program; in fact nothing will program because the remote start unit uses that connection to detect whether the key is on.

Find out what wire the heavy pink wire from the relay pack is connected to, and verify that it's really an ignition wire. According to my information that wire should be connected to the black/red wire in the ignition harness.

KaeZoo
02-25-2007, 06:00 PM
also my true ignition wire is tapped into by the thin yello wire that went to the old harness to the old alarm and i just connected the heavy guage ign. wire to thr relay satallite to that thin ign.wire....that couldnt be causing problems...

Hell yes that could cause problems. If you remote start the car then all the current that would normally run to the ignition wire through the key switch will run through that little wire instead. If it can't handle the current it will drop the voltage significantly, overheat, and possibly start a fire. You MUST connect the heavy gauge output from the relay pack directly to the ignition wire.

ulrichkiller1o1
02-25-2007, 10:11 PM
yea i got rid of that little skimpy wire and took the relay pack ign. wire and soldered it rite to the ignition wire.....same ****.....im givin up hope of this thing

ulrichkiller1o1
02-25-2007, 10:35 PM
i dont get it....i checked the true ignition* while the remote start engages and it cuts power once the engine starts...then oviously the motor dies... my next step now after the 200 other troubleshooting ideas i came up with, im gunna check that 2nd starter wire to see if it gets 12v while the remote start starts the car....if not..thats my problem...ill hook a relay up to the already cut st. wire to send 12v's to the other st. wire....i do have diodes hooked up to the 2 st. wires but i dunno they mite not be big enough

ulrichkiller1o1
02-25-2007, 10:59 PM
nope....thats not it....WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!

KaeZoo
02-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Test each of the wires in the ignition harness, and see if they act the same way when remote-started as they do when key-started.

I still think the problem is your ignition connection. What's the pink wire from the relay pack connected to?

ulrichkiller1o1
02-26-2007, 12:38 AM
it is directly tied into my true ignition wire (black\red) shows 12 in the run\on and crank\start positions only

mokedaddy
02-26-2007, 12:44 AM
So did you try hooking another relay up to the second starter instead of using the diodes? Upon further investigation that seems like it could be the culprit.

mokedaddy
02-26-2007, 12:47 AM
This shows you how to do it correctly.

http://www.commandocaralarms.com/2ndstarterwire.asp

ulrichkiller1o1
02-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Where the hell is the starters ground out???i can just ground that wire out riteshouldnt make a difference ?? (pin 86)

mokedaddy
02-26-2007, 01:37 AM
It is the ground when running output from the alarm. I believe on DEI products it is the orange with black stripe.

ulrichkiller1o1
02-27-2007, 12:57 AM
guessss what..i went to school to swap brains with another viper remote start....the swapped one works fine...mine brain is friedddd!!!!! dont buy **** on ebay!