PDA

View Full Version : who has competed MECA event

jaco
02-24-2007, 10:32 PM
OK there is an MECA event in my town on the 11th of march
i'm not really ready for it( only 1 amp installed, ported box isn't built yet)
but i'm going anyway.
i was looking over thier rules and they are crazy have to have a fuse 18" from input on amp. and how they rate your class but fuse rating.
and something about a 26" CRX rule, which i have.
i'm not gonna install that fuse and just not compete for points .
but who all has competed in an MECA event, did you like it or hate it.

and who knows what this CRX 26" rule is all about.

JimJ
02-24-2007, 10:42 PM
I did a couple MECA shows back when they were in the area.

Not in SPL though, can't help you any there.

jaco
02-24-2007, 11:52 PM
i've been itching to go to a show and it's the only 1 close to me for the next 2 months.
but yea they have some very stupid rules.

theCybe
02-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Every organization has it's quirks.

Slap a fuse in there and give it a shot, jaco. Couldn't hurt.

jaco
02-25-2007, 12:05 AM
from what i've read in thier rules i can compete without the fuse.
they'll just use 50% max rating on my amp to and cone aera to class me.
but i won't get any points. which don't matter to me.

still trying to found thier 26" CRX rule

tommyk90
03-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Sorry that I didn't see this thread earlier.

the 26" rule is for non-trunk 2 seat cars such as a CRX or a ford EXP. It's basically in place to make the SPL classes a more level playing field. CRX's are notorious for having an advantage in the lanes because in any other organization they are allowed to build all the way up to the b-pillar.

Anyways, what that rule stipulates is that your sub enclosure cannot extend 26" from the back panel if you want to compete in a street class. If you run in a modified class then you don't have to follow this rule.

And yes, you do not have to run a fuse 18" from the amp if you are a non-member or do not need/want to qualify for points or state records.

12. For non-members and members who are not qualifying: If the system does not have in-line fusing, then the total of on-board fuses will be
used in the “Pressure Class” Formula. If the amplifi er(s) do not have on-board fuses, then one-half (1/2) the amplifi er’s Maximum CEA 2006
rating will be used in order to determine class assignment. If that rating is not available, then one-half (1/2) the maximum peak rating will be
used. If that is not available, then one-half (1/2) the maximum published rating will be used. If that is not available, then one-half (1/2) the theoretical
rating will be used. The theoretical rating is determined by doubling the power when the resistance is halved. For example: the amp has
a rating of 500 watts at 4 ohms from the manufacturer and is 1 ohm stable with no rating, therefore, it has a theoretical rating of 2000 watts at 1
ohm and one-half (1/2) of that would be 1000. In these cases:
{(Total Woofer Amplifi er Power/2) + Total Sqare Inches of Woofer Cone Surface Area} = Pressure Class #

TypeRBass
03-06-2007, 09:42 PM
what he said.

lilmaniac2
03-06-2007, 09:43 PM
didnt read tommys rediculously long post, but i competed in meca with a rex and your box cant extend 26" from the part where your hatch latches in the center.

AudioAnonymous
03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
MECA...ew :)