PDA

View Full Version : Bandpass on DEH-P780MP?

msimon
02-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I am looking for a new head unit to replace my 8053 because I want ipod control, and I have been looking at the 780mp. I plan on simplifying my system, no longer running active, probably just a nice set of passive components up front. However, when I was researching the 780mp, I noticed on pioneer's website that it said that it had a 3 way x-over. I really don't need active x-over capability from my head unit but, I would rather have the option, than not. However, after looking over the manual I really found no indication that it had this capability. So, to current 780mp owners or people with direct experience with the unit, it only has hpf on the front and rear, and then lpf on the sub, correct? It does not have the ability to bandpass, correct?

adam71
02-24-2007, 08:09 PM
I am looking for a new head unit to replace my 8053 because I want ipod control, and I have been looking at the 780mp. I plan on simplifying my system, no longer running active, probably just a nice set of passive components up front. However, when I was researching the 780mp, I noticed on pioneer's website that it said that it had a 3 way x-over. I really don't need active x-over capability from my head unit but, I would rather have the option, than not. However, after looking over the manual I really found no indication that it had this capability. So, to current 780mp owners or people with direct experience with the unit, it only has hpf on the front and rear, and then lpf on the sub, correct? It does not have the ability to bandpass, correct?

I don't think it does. I think the 880 is the only deck in that line up that allows for an active setup. I take Pioneer's website with a grain of salt. They still use the same cheesy literature to lure in morons and as an experienced audio person it gets on my freakin' nerves. They just don't get up with the times when it comes down to running a website. One typical example is that they still publish the PEAK and MAX power ratings for their amps and speakers. Pathetic.

quinnc
02-24-2007, 08:14 PM
It only has HPF for front and rear and LPF subwoofer