PDA

View Full Version : Sony CDX-GT710?

HondAudio
02-24-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm considering this head unit for my Scion xB. Is it any good? I haven't heard wonderful things about Sony Xplod units, but it seems to have decent specs, and the big white dial kind of matches the Scion, and least the blue illumination can switch to red... which is still not amber :(

HondAudio
02-24-2007, 09:20 PM
bump... anybody?

azngotskills
02-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Well....whats your budget? new or used? what are your needs in an HU? Crossovers, TA, EQ, MP3s, iPod? What else are you planning as part of your system? Answering these questions will help other members give you better advice?

HondAudio
02-25-2007, 01:40 AM
Well....whats your budget? new or used? what are your needs in an HU? Crossovers, TA, EQ, MP3s, iPod? What else are you planning as part of your system? Answering these questions will help other members give you better advice?

New, of course... I can afford up to, say, 300.00. I'm mostly looking at Clarion units because they fit my specs, but this Sony looks interesting.

Frankly, I need a CD player and an RCA output, that's it :P

I own a bunch of old PPi stuff: in-dash EQ, 30 band EQ, crossover, 3 amps... speakers

MP3 CDs are nice to listen to because you can pack so much music on them, and pretty much any head unit these days plays them; I don't yet own an iPod...

Hmm

zSnb
02-25-2007, 02:41 AM
there are nicer head units for 300. the 880prs is the best you're gonna get at that price point and it will destroy that Sony with ease. some of the newer Sony's are supposed to be kinda decent from the reviews I have read. they have a nice 24bit d/a converter, and a decent 13 band EQ. I personally like the look of that unit except for the ugly knobs. the only other complaint with that unit is its small amount of options for sub control and crossovers.