PDA

View Full Version : CDT vs. Crystal vs. CDT

DeuceLee
02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
CDT Audio CL-61A-25 PRO (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4596): Has upgraded TW-25 Tweeters ==> $170 SHIPPED

CDT Audio EF-61NEO/DRT-25 PRO (http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4894): also has TW-25 Tweets ==> $180 SHIPPED

BOTH come with 30 feet or so of the Monsters wire for FREE.

Crystal 6.5" SSCS6 (http://www.realmofexcursion.com/store/product_info.php/cPath/65_77/products_id/139): $180 SHIPPED

My appologies, my computer is acting up, this is suppose to have a poll on it but now its too late so if you can just hit reply and copy and paste your choice, that'll be great...

and i know these comps have probably been butchered to death but i'm looking to buy this coming week and want your last opinions...

if you have other suggestions, feel free as well to suggest something under $180 shipped.

and if you KNOW for a FACT that someone can sell them for a cheaper price, let me know. And make sure you KNOW they are not going to tell me $180 shipped when you told me that they are selling them for $150 shipped or don't even bother mentioning them.

Thanks in advance!!

djdilliodon
02-24-2007, 12:12 PM
what power are u going to be using.

Hoodlum007
02-24-2007, 02:15 PM
go with the cl61apro with 25mm tweeters, i am using the cl61a's with just the regular tweeters and i am in love with the way they sound. the silk tweeters are smooth and detailed to the last pin drop and the mid and midbass is awesome.:yumyum:

DeuceLee
02-24-2007, 02:40 PM
go with the cl61apro with 25mm tweeters, i am using the cl61a's with just the regular tweeters and i am in love with the way they sound. the silk tweeters are smooth and detailed to the last pin drop and the mid and midbass is awesome.:yumyum:

cool thanks...

djd - i'lll be powering them with about 100rms - 120rms, i've been reading and some people say these speakers don't like 150rms...

i guess a few more question i'd like to ask is:

1. Is the NEO worth it over the regular 61apro? its only a $10 difference...is it going to be pretty much the same other than the neo takes less space behind it? some people also say the NEO has a slight sq decrease compared to regular mags, is that significant?

2. Is the Crystal's titaninum tweeters noticeably harsher than the silk tweeters? seems like alot more people prefer silk to titaninum...

JohnnyChuttz
02-24-2007, 03:22 PM
My Crystals are not harsh at all. Detailed, yes.

rammin
02-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Why not spend the extra cash and get a set of EF-61FG's? its onlt like a 20 diff

DeuceLee
02-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Why not spend the extra cash and get a set of EF-61FG's? its onlt like a 20 diff

i see the retail on those are almost 5 bills...

but they have the TW-24 tweets vs the ones i mentioned which has the upgraded TW-25's...

so is having the slight downgraded tweets and the nicer woofers still worth the extra $20 for the upgrades?

thanks

djdilliodon
02-24-2007, 04:26 PM
with the power you have i would get the ef-61 set. You can get them with the tw25 version for around 185 shipped. Youll get a better midbass driver and tweeter this way.

DeuceLee
02-24-2007, 07:13 PM
with the power you have i would get the ef-61 set. You can get them with the tw25 version for around 185 shipped. Youll get a better midbass driver and tweeter this way.

djd, you def know your cdts so maybe you can tell me if the EF-61FG's with the tw24 are worth $20 more than the ef-61NEO's with the tw25's...

maybe you or other cdt pros can tell me what differences i can expect between the two of them...its only $180 shipped for the NEO's vs the FG's $200 shipped..

and maybe if you can tell me more about the power differences...i actually don't have the amp yet so i'm free to choose whatever as soon as i buy the comps...i want to give it enough power but not go crazy and over do it..

djdilliodon
02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
djd, you def know your cdts so maybe you can tell me if the EF-61FG's with the tw24 are worth $20 more than the ef-61NEO's with the tw25's...

maybe you or other cdt pros can tell me what differences i can expect between the two of them...its only $180 shipped for the NEO's vs the FG's $200 shipped..

and maybe if you can tell me more about the power differences...i actually don't have the amp yet so i'm free to choose whatever as soon as i buy the comps...i want to give it enough power but not go crazy and over do it..

The fg set will be a waste without the 560 xover upgrade. While good results can be had with as low as 75w per side, the midbass opens up alot more with 150x2 but the standard 400 or 480 xover will mostly likely put the tweeters in protection :( The neo set will no longer be made as cdt will be replacing them with a new hd series slim line driver. It is a much better speaker sporting solid cast frames, woven leads, powerful neo motor which is front mounted, 1.5" voice coil, push terminals, and with a mounting depth of just 1.77"! I recieved a pair of the proto type drivers from cdt here are pics :) http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/djdilliodon/hd6neo002.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/djdilliodon/hd6neo001.jpg

With the budget you have and the power you want to run the ef-61 is your best bet. Unless of course you go for an amp that does 150x2 then i would get the CF version ef set with 560's and tw25 silk at around $225 :)

IgnoreMe
02-25-2007, 02:16 AM
The fg set will be a waste without the 560 xover upgrade. While good results can be had with as low as 75w per side, the midbass opens up alot more with 150x2 but the standard 400 or 480 xover will mostly likely put the tweeters in protection :( The neo set will no longer be made as cdt will be replacing them with a new hd series slim line driver. It is a much better speaker sporting solid cast frames, woven leads, powerful neo motor which is front mounted, 1.5" voice coil, push terminals, and with a mounting depth of just 1.77"! I recieved a pair of the proto type drivers from cdt here are pics :) http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/djdilliodon/hd6neo002.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/djdilliodon/hd6neo001.jpg

With the budget you have and the power you want to run the ef-61 is your best bet. Unless of course you go for an amp that does 150x2 then i would get the CF version ef set with 560's and tw25 silk at around $225 :)
bro if i were you i would listen to dj here. i had this set twice, and my friend bought one as well. it is a BEAUTIFUL set in my opinion and sounds truley terrific. peace

DeuceLee
02-25-2007, 09:40 AM
bro if i were you i would listen to dj here. i had this set twice, and my friend bought one as well. it is a BEAUTIFUL set in my opinion and sounds truley terrific. peace

yeah thanks for the valuable lesson on cdts dj...

can any one get me a link to that set for $225?

or if its your special price dj, pm me for purchase info...