PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Question!!!

sangerdude
02-23-2007, 11:28 PM
Ok, I have been lurking and reading as much as I can but can anyone comment on the AutoPage brand of alarms?

I am looking to have one installed tomorrow on my 07 F250 and I do not want the remote start feature because, as I understand it, you lose a key???? Is this standard on the remote start feature???

Or should I go with a Viper 1002 model?

Thanks in advance!

Bill

KaeZoo
02-23-2007, 11:57 PM
In order to start the vehicle by remote, you have to get around the factory anti-theft system that uses a specially coded chip in the key. One way to do this is to install a coded key into a module that sends the key signal to the vehicle during remote start. However, modules are available that will do the same thing without losing a key (though they may be more expensive). The brand of remote start doesn't matter; just the type of anti-theft bypass module you use.

sangerdude
02-24-2007, 12:05 AM
What would a module as you describe cost?

I would like a remote start but dont want to lose a key, we only have the two:D

The shop I am looking into did not even mention a mod. to do what you describe...

I would def. do that though...

What about the 4 window up or down module that can be added? Are these reliable or do they tend to eventually not work?

I appreciate your help with this! I am very unedumakated when it comes to this stuff, but I love to learn!

Bill

hardhitta47
02-24-2007, 04:49 AM
The shop shouldhopefully have a remote start bypass module for your truck that is keyless. I think the part # is 1100F. You can enter your vehicle here and search for a module. Only shows one for 07 Light Dutys, but probably the same.

http://www.directedstore.com/InterFace.asp?make=Ford

The window up/down module would be more of a novelty thing, unless you think you'd actually use it once you got over how cool it is.