PDA

View Full Version : JL or DLS?

Mac11
02-23-2007, 09:41 PM
I currently Have a set of JL Audio 6.5" XR series components. I blew one of the tweeters out hooking it up to the woofer output. oops, some jackass mislabeled it <me>.:blackeye:

I can pick up a fully functional used set of DLS MS6 components and sell off the JLs with the blown tweeter, or I can buy a new tweeter for my current setup and be out of pocket around the same amount of cash. Overall which set is better as a SQ set of speakers to throw ~150wRMS/side? If you would like any more info just let me know what you need.

azngotskills
02-23-2007, 10:28 PM
If it was me personally...I would pick up the DLS MS6 components now and wait for day till you find some XR tweets from a busted set or on ebay. I personally didnt like the XR components when I heard them at a local shop's sound bored and was trying to decide between the Rainbow SLC 265 and DLS MS6 (i know that sound boards sound different that in cars)...i decided on the SLCs but I dont think you will be disappointed with the MS6s. But please take it as MY OPINION because I dont want to be responsible if you are unhappy :) Good luck

Mac11
02-23-2007, 11:57 PM
If it was me personally...I would pick up the DLS MS6 components now and wait for day till you find some XR tweets from a busted set or on ebay. I personally didnt like the XR components when I heard them at a local shop's sound bored and was trying to decide between the Rainbow SLC 265 and DLS MS6 (i know that sound boards sound different that in cars)...i decided on the SLCs but I dont think you will be disappointed with the MS6s. But please take it as MY OPINION because I dont want to be responsible if you are unhappy :) Good luck

If there were a JL tweeter available from a busted set would you advise just going that route?

Hoodlum007
02-24-2007, 03:19 PM
DLS makes great products, i heard a set of the comps and they sound great. Very full and detailed sound.

SoundRider
03-08-2007, 11:14 PM
Personally, I'd stick with the JL.

Eugenics
03-08-2007, 11:16 PM
dls hands down.

aleborjas
03-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Dls