PDA

View Full Version : New components

AcesHigh
02-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I have an older set of 5 1/4 Boston R series components mounted in pods at the bottom of the doors with the tweeter about 3/4 of the way up the door. I had to put them in pods because where I wanted to mount the mids I had a huge brace where I started to cut the hole in the metal. So the pods are kind of vented into the doors.

I want to replace them with some 6 1/2" components, I don't think the sound is full enough. I don't know if my install has any bearing on the type of components I should get. My vehicle is a 1988 full size Blazer 2door. I'm looking to spend around $200. Less would be better, but I'll spend a little more if it's worth the difference in sound. I listen to mostly metal and classic rock, a little country and rap also.

Looking foward to hearing your responses.

AcesHigh
02-27-2007, 01:04 AM
bump

Latina33
02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
bump

I just installed a set of Crystal SSCS 6's in my car up front, and they sound VERY nice. I'm still not turning them up as loud as I'd like, because I'd like to give them some time to 'break in' before I start really feeding them some volume, but so far, I'm very satisfied.

I'm giving them 200W RMS a side (bridged), and I'd had to turn it down because the midbass woofers were 'popping', but that's just a tuning issue on my part.

I listen to mostly metal, hardcore, and hard rock in general, with a little techno and rap mixed in. I'd definiyely go with these again, but if you're looking for a tweeter that's a little brighter, I'd recommend a lower end Focal component set for a litttle more $$$.

drpdmazda
02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
check out my for sale thread, i have two sets of focal 165v2 6.5" components, i was very pleased with them, i had two sets in two of my show vehicles, $175 shipped for a pair or $300 shipped for both sets

let me know

Latina33
02-27-2007, 04:29 PM
check out my for sale thread, i have two sets of focal 165v2 6.5" components, i was very pleased with them, i had two sets in two of my show vehicles, $175 shipped for a pair or $300 shipped for both sets

let me know

Bump for a great deal! ^^^

For your taste in music, either the Crystals or those Focals will jam like you want them to.

AcesHigh
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM

let me know

Do you have the grills for those?

How would those sound off of my zx200.2? Big improvment over my Boston RC51x's?

drpdmazda
02-27-2007, 09:22 PM
Do you have the grills for those?

How would those sound off of my zx200.2? Big improvment over my Boston RC51x's?

no i do not have the grilles, i accidentally threw them out with the boxes shortly after the install. and i honestly couldnt tell you how they would sound with your amp, but i have never heard a set of focals that i didnt like, no matter what amp they were bieng run with

jason