PDA

View Full Version : Got my new remote today! **Pics**

docutech
02-22-2007, 09:56 PM
As my HT gear slowly trickles in, I just had to e-bragg about this part of my new setup. It is the neatest thing. Touch screen TFT FTW! This is the new Logitech H1000.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/p_j507/1-1.jpg

Answered a few questions about my gear, plugged it into my laptop, did some updates, and voila!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/p_j507/4.jpg

It is very simple to use and it looks soo cool! I am charging the bat as I type as it was low.

Cant wait to play with it!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/p_j507/3.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e134/p_j507/2-1.jpg

PIMP!

Intrepid Bass
02-22-2007, 09:58 PM
cool.

steveyblack
02-22-2007, 10:01 PM
nice, i still rock the old remotes but i need a new one...how much was that one?

Calikid
02-22-2007, 10:03 PM

SHiZNiLTi
02-22-2007, 10:07 PM
Very Nice!!! I've been reading about those. Make sure to wirte up a review about it after you get used to it.

LeofromtheH
02-22-2007, 10:08 PM
wow, now that's how you watch tv in style. talk about a conversation peice while yo've got guests over :drool:

cpierce
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm too lazy to look for the ballin gif...but pretend its here:veryhapp:

docutech
02-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I bought it from E-gay for 360 plus 30 for a 5 year extended warranty. I couldnt justify Best Buy or any other chain wanting 499 plus tax! Thats just outrageous.
I am very happy with my purchase. If anyone wants the name of the person I bought it from, PM me. I ordered it Tuesday and got it today.

Cpierce: we ballin' now pimpin'!! :laugh:

1loudsuv
02-22-2007, 11:09 PM
im jealous you sob! give it to me now lol

1loudsuv
02-22-2007, 11:13 PM
by the way. very sick looking remote anything different then say the 880 besides it being rf also? how its working for you so far? any glitches?

oh yah and theirs a software update man check it out 7.2.0

btw i got more activities then you :p lol

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a23/subingncali/ScreenHunter_008.jpg

docutech
02-23-2007, 12:11 AM
lol!

I did all the upgrades that the wizard recommended, will have to double check that.

Yes, you have a LOT more activities than me ...but! I dont have all of my components ...YET! The remote works flawlessly. It feels funny just touching a screen and seeing the old Denon wake up, set the input mode, TV comes on, DVD comes on all at the same time. It is cool. My gal thinks I'm crazy for getting all these toys but I am sure she wont be complaining when it comes down to operating all the gear with a touch of a finger.

2loud4u
02-23-2007, 12:13 AM
:woot:

That is nice. my buddy has one and he loves it.

explorer2
02-23-2007, 12:16 AM
after youve had it for a while you can figure out to add programs for almost anything. I have a program for my bedroom tv that I use every morning to watch the news. Touch 1 button and put the remote down.

docutech
02-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Nice! Do you own the 1000 as well?

Beat_Dominator
02-23-2007, 12:23 AM
Get used to charging the batteries ;)

docutech
02-23-2007, 12:34 AM
Get used to charging the batteries ;)

werd :crap:
Will have to remember to hang it up on the cradle to recharge.

LinxuS
02-23-2007, 12:39 AM
Thats pretty sweet.
My buddy has a similiar remote that controls everything: lights, window covers, alarm, all the TVs etc..

It's pretty sick. His isn't as cool looking as yours though lol

joetama
02-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Looks cool....

I would never buy one because I have a bad habit of dropping remotes...

1loudsuv
02-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Looks cool....

I would never buy one because I have a bad habit of dropping remotes...

ive dropped my 880 more then a couple of times but the screen and remote are scratchless probably cause i have carpet.

only thing i really dont like is the feal of the buttons they feal like flimsy dunno if hte 1000 is like?

joetama
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
My dad got the 890.... And because of my dog I dropped it broke one of the buttons.... :(

But I fixed it before he knew it was broke...

docutech
02-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I will make it a point not to drop this thing too often. In reality it is probably inevitable after a few GG's or bud lites. :p:

I read on other AV forums that the H1000 battery did not last a long time. I will do some test runs and post results once complete.

1loudsuv
02-23-2007, 08:43 PM
hurry up with that review lol

docutech
02-23-2007, 08:49 PM
I am at a restaurant enjoyin some cold mich lites and gettin my eat on! will post one soon!

docutech
02-24-2007, 01:15 AM
Gather 'round boys and girls

This is the official crunk john review by yours truly, of the H1000 super deluxe, better than sliced bread, make you say WTF is that thang ova durr, TFT color touch screen into the future channel clicker.

I have programed it with just a handful of components:
27 inch sanyo POS TV
Samsung POS dvd player
My trusty (not to be confused with dusty) 'ol Denon AVR3000 receiver
Dish network recieiver

Setup was painless and quick. The battery charge indicator turns green when it has a full charge. I left it on the cradle overnight as the instructions suggested (8hours per manual) There are settings in the tools menu that allow you to adjust the brightness of the screen and the volume level of the touch tones to extend the battery life. In a dark room, at full brightness, the remote is VERY bright and the colors are vibrant. Kicking the brightness all the way down provides a subtle yet clear picture that is very easy to see in low level light. There is also an option to mute the touch sounds to further preserve the battery's charge. Very cool. The buttons for volume, channel and navigation (to the right of the screen) are very solid and are just big enough for even my big fingers to operate efficiently. This thing is built well. The underside of the remote is made of a rubber like material that is somewhat tacky when you put it in your hand. This may be a feature to minimize slipping out of ones hand.

All the devices work flawlessly with this remote. All functions of the components worked with this remote. Even on my Denon receiver, I was able to adjust time correction and surround sound speaker volumes. The satellite receiver was also set dead on. All buttons worked including menu, preview, more info, etc...

There is one thing to be aware of tho... All the components need to be OFF before the power button or an activity is selected on the H1000. If even one component is on (satellite receiver for example) the activities for watching TV with satellite will be all jacked up. TV will come on but the satellite receiver will turn off and you wont see anything on the TV. So the H1000 does not know what is on and what is off. It automatically assumes that everything is off. The manual states this as well but I thought it was only during the setup phase of the remote setup process.

It will be some time before I can let you all know what the battery life on the remote is like. I am sure it will vary slightly with various settings as well as frequency of use.

I am very happy with this purchase and recommend this product if you have more than 2 remotes and are always fiddling around to find them!

The end :)

1loudsuv
02-24-2007, 01:46 AM
that on off problem your having is cause the remote isnt sending discret codes. i know the 880 does at first it didnt though so your most likely will have an update in the future that will fix the problem

but my cable box still does that though not my reciever or my 360 did or my tv oh wait also my hd-dvd player does it.

baseballer1100
02-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Crazy im jealous.

adam71
02-24-2007, 07:44 AM
The ability to hook it up to your computer and use the supplied software to program it kicks fuckin ***. I have Universal Osiris MX-350 and I had to add all the codes manually and I have to tell you it was complete pain in the ***. I still have more I want to program into it but it gets a little frustrating at times. Good news is I only have $150 into it.

Mr. C
02-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Very nice remote. I'm going to upgrade when I get my next house and pick up one like that. At the moment, the one I have does everything I need it to, but it doesn't have a color screen or look quite as pimp.

When my system grows up, it will have either AMX or Crestron touchscreen controls. One of these days.

Home theater. The hobby that keeps your wallet empty.