PDA

View Full Version : Alarm Help

SRim23
02-22-2007, 09:51 AM
Here goes
I have a compustar alarm/remote start on my 2005 honda civic. i went to start my car this morning and i couldnt disengage the alarm. after pushing the button a bunch of times it finally gives this weak beep and the alarm shuts off.

i go to start my car and its dead! i check and my dome light is off, headlights are off, nothing is turned on in the car. i jump the car (stinger dry cell battery under the hood btw) and it starts right up.

only problem is my headlights stay on. they are turned off, but they are on. i turn off the car and the headlights still stay on.

then every thirty seconds my car beeps and the alarm engages. go to start my car again and it wont start.

anyone got any ideas?

SRim23
02-22-2007, 10:05 AM
bump

SRim23
02-22-2007, 10:54 AM
suggestions anyone

jmoreno150
02-22-2007, 11:18 AM
**** some serious stuff. i installed a compustar to my car recently and it has given me no problems what so ever. did u install urself? might have some wires mixed up.

SRim23
02-22-2007, 01:00 PM
nah its been in the car since i purchased it about 9 months ago. it was installed actually when the car only had about 1200 miles on it. it has 30k miles now and ive never had any problems.

just went out to the car and the headlights still wont shut off and the alarm arms itself like every 30 seconds

THUNDERBIRD
02-22-2007, 02:02 PM
take it back the the shop that installed it.

KaeZoo
02-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Your problems with the alarm are probably the result of the dead battery. Alarms with low voltage can become unpredictable. Given your other thread about your defective light switch, I suspect when you have a fully charged battery and can turn your headlights off then your alarm issues will go away.