PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse Cd5100/7100 Vs Deh-p880prs

talibmohamid
02-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Which one should I go with out of these 3 guys..........the best sound and most control????

lippstuh
02-21-2007, 07:17 PM
i believe the 880prs has great control. i have it but i didn't get to experiment with subs yet

jmanpc
02-21-2007, 07:25 PM
Which one should I go with out of these 3 guys..........the best sound and most control????

lol... you're a SENIOR VIP MEMBER! You should know these things.

champaned_out
02-21-2007, 08:58 PM
the best sound and most control????

880prs espeically if your going active.. its got alot of options to tweak with the eq settings

matrxx dude
02-21-2007, 10:50 PM
eclipse 5100 0r the 7100 pwns all pioneer imo.

whitemax
02-21-2007, 11:11 PM
880prs espeically if your going active.. its got alot of options to tweak with the eq settings

As does the CD7100.....

Paul73
02-22-2007, 12:24 AM
eclipse 5100 0r the 7100 pwns all pioneer imo.

:word:

Of course I am biased...

zSnb
02-22-2007, 05:26 AM
No way Pioneer 880 hands down. They both have the same tweaks but the 880 has a nicer EQ. Quite a bit nicer so you can tune the sound a little more to your tastes. IMO the 880 also kills the Elcipse in looks. Eclipse decks look like billboards but that not to say I didnt like the Eclipse 8445 I had. And last but not least, price. You can spend $300 on an 880 or you can spend $650 on a CD7000 if you're getting a good deal. The end result will give you relatively the same SQ. But if you get an 880, you will still have $300 left over to put towards your sub stage or your install.

expo5.0
02-22-2007, 05:40 AM
hmm-

neither

go with external dsp of some kind and don't worry so much about source adjustability

champaned_out
02-22-2007, 05:46 AM
As does the CD7100.....
$350 > $700

phyphoestilic
02-22-2007, 06:13 AM

lmao. :laugh: Its true the 880Prs has 16-band EQ over the 7-band EQ of the CD7100, but u have to remeber its a parametric (w/ 3 different settings for each band)EQ instead of the grapic, so technically u can choose to use 7/21 different frequencies to EQ. Also the Time Alignment on the Eclipse is full adjustable, while the 880Prs is automatic (great for if u wanna fully tune ur system to ur likings :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ). Then there is the X-over, the CD7100 offers 0/6/12/18/24db slopes for Highpass, mid high/low pass, and low pass for sub. Where the 880prs only offers 0/6/12db for Highpass and 6/12/18db for Subwoofer. Also the 880's X-overs are set at certain points, where the Eclipse CD7100 lets u change it to a specific frequency, for example, HPF set at 3412hz @ 12db slope for the tweets.

Nice to know that u know how much better it is running the 880prs active based off just EQ settings.

But hey, it looks better ;)

talibmohamid
02-22-2007, 09:26 AM
Was wondering / I heard that alot of people have to do alot of special grounding and stuff to these pioneer decks, is that true??????I heard theres RCA problems with this thing? Can someone - explain this rumor, is it true or what????

WhoSayWho?
02-22-2007, 09:34 AM
lmao. :laugh: Its true the 880Prs has 16-band EQ over the 7-band EQ of the CD7100, but u have to remeber its a parametric (w/ 3 different settings for each band)EQ instead of the grapic, so technically u can choose to use 7/21 different frequencies to EQ. Also the Time Alignment on the Eclipse is full adjustable, while the 880Prs is automatic (great for if u wanna fully tune ur system to ur likings :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ). Then there is the X-over, the CD7100 offers 0/6/12/18/24db slopes for Highpass, mid high/low pass, and low pass for sub. Where the 880prs only offers 0/6/12db for Highpass and 6/12/18db for Subwoofer. Also the 880's X-overs are set at certain points, where the Eclipse CD7100 lets u change it to a specific frequency, for example, HPF set at 3412hz @ 12db slope for the tweets.

Nice to know that u know how much better it is running the 880prs active based off just EQ settings.

Pretty and smart.

(I have a diificult time not thinking of you as that babe in your avator -- ****it).

nismos14
02-22-2007, 10:44 AM
The cd7100 is not that much more expensive than the 880. Regardless I would think the Eclipse is the winner here, I am just biased towards pioneers because I've become accustomed to using them over the years.

Also I thought the TA can be manually adjusted, I know I can select the distances for each driver myself.

zSnb
02-22-2007, 02:08 PM

Time alignment on the 880 is also fully adjustable. You can also pick specific frequencies for the tweets on an 880prs when in network mode. The 880 has a 16band independent L/R EQ and the Eclipse does not and i will still take a graphic over a parametric just about any day. All of the slope modes you mention on the Eclipse can also be reached with an 880 when used in conjunction with just about any amp. And then the 880 still looks nicer and costs almost half the price. Ill state my point again. Get an 880 and your sound will be on par with a Cd7100. Then you'll have a nice $350 to put towards your install, your speakers, sub stage or anything you want. The end result will be a nicer sounding system. If money isnt a problem to you, forget about both head units and get the H701 combo.

Hayabusa
02-22-2007, 02:17 PM
Since no more 13 band EQ and 8V pre-outs Eclipse is back down to earth so I'd go with the Pioneer since it is way cheaper...Unless you can find an older eclipse for dirt cheap like I did :D...

nismos14
02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
7100 has 8v preout.

Hayabusa
02-22-2007, 02:51 PM
oh sweet deal. I heard had 5V... Unless you are going to use GPS and stuff Pioneer would still be the most logical choice.

zSnb
02-22-2007, 04:37 PM
anything more than 5v is going to make absolutely no difference.

ga12r
02-22-2007, 04:52 PM
pioneer ftl

whitemax
02-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Both HU's are very nice units.

I paid less than $600 for mine authorized. Should be able to do that with the new unit.

If Pioneer is still using the same DAC's as in my other Pioneer HU, then the Eclipse has actual 24bit DAC's where as the Pioneer has 1bit DAC's that upconvert the signal to 24bit word.

No need to mess with an amp's x-overs with the CD7000/71000.

When you go into the custom mode you have way more in the way of adjusting with the Eclipse units.

I will take Parametric any day of the week.

Can you adjust the individual levels of each speaker/driver with the Pioneer?

XaznKewLguyX
02-22-2007, 08:56 PM
I got my CD7k from CC for $300 brand new, and i love it. awesome head unit and when you go active its a 11-band PEQ. the screen savers you can download are pretty awesome too.

WaTTsLOk187
02-22-2007, 09:48 PM
I was going to get a 880 to run active but instead I just paid $400 for a BNIB CD7000. I had noise problems with external processors and didn't feel like messing with pioneers noise problems.

OldOneEye
02-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I got my CD7k from CC for $300 brand new, and i love it. awesome head unit and when you go active its a 11-band PEQ. the screen savers you can download are pretty awesome too.

That was on dealer accommodation I presume?

Juan

XaznKewLguyX
02-22-2007, 10:56 PM
That was on dealer accommodation I presume?

Juan

no clue, my friend worked there and brought me a pricelist and it said $$295 for a CD7k so i ordered it. I guess its employee discount or something. 2 spools of kicker wire for $50 or $75 each too. :)

Minto Took
02-23-2007, 03:56 PM
When someone is going "active," what does that mean?

WhoSayWho?
02-23-2007, 04:07 PM
When someone is going "active," what does that mean?

There is a sticky at the top of this sction that explains it in detail.

Dozy_production
02-23-2007, 06:27 PM
no clue, my friend worked there and brought me a pricelist and it said $$295 for a CD7k so i ordered it. I guess its employee discount or something. 2 spools of kicker wire for $50 or $75 each too. :)

hey there new best friend. You think your friend can spare another cd7k being bought under his name?

adam71
02-23-2007, 09:01 PM
If Pioneer is still using the same DAC's as in my other Pioneer HU, then the Eclipse has actual 24bit DAC's where as the Pioneer has 1bit DAC's that upconvert the signal to 24bit word.

Pioneer uses TRUE 24 bit BURR-BROWN converters. Not really sure where you're getting the 1 bit thing from. Pioneer is misleading on their site where they give specs for their head units. In fact I don't think a 1 bit converter can upconvert a signal to 24bit. So its no less of a TRUE 24 bit than Eclipse's 24 bit converter.

No need to mess with an amp's x-overs with the CD7000/71000.

When you go into the custom mode you have way more in the way of adjusting with the Eclipse units.

No need to mess with an amp's crossover with a Pioneer deck either. Pioneer's NETWORK mode is every bit as extensive as Eclipse's. NO better, no worse.

I will take Parametric any day of the week.

To each his own on this topic. In a perfect world an EQ wouldn't be needed. But we all know an automobile's interior acoustics are FAR from perfect. If the 7 adjustable bands (NOT 21 like someone else tried to say) you COULD BE just fine as far as adjustability goes. A 16 band graphic EQ may be plenty good to. It's just if you're lucky enough that the frequencies that need to be tamed are one of the bands (or close atleast) on your eq. Even a parametric can come up short in this department. So it's a stale mate between the 2. Now if you had a 16 band parametric compared to a 16 band graphic then the parametric will be the better choice.

Can you adjust the individual levels of each speaker/driver with the Pioneer?

Yes, you sure can in network mode. Not to mention time alignment for each indivual driver as well.

All in all, both great headunits that are equally matched. But Pioneer found a way to do this for a little more than half the price.

whitemax
02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Pioneer uses TRUE 24 bit BURR-BROWN converters. Not really sure where you're getting the 1 bit thing from. Pioneer is misleading on their site where they give specs for their head units. In fact I don't think a 1 bit converter can upconvert a signal to 24bit. So its no less of a TRUE 24 bit than Eclipse's 24 bit converter.

I had read about these when I bought my DEH-P8600MP...... I saw that it said 1-bit D/A Converter 8fs/24-bit Burr Brown. I had also noticed other units from other companies also said the same thing. Maybe the sites I visited were mistaken, or I misunderstood... could have happened... just going from what I remember reading.

No need to mess with an amp's crossover with a Pioneer deck either. Pioneer's NETWORK mode is every bit as extensive as Eclipse's. NO better, no worse.

I was referring to the comment made in this post....

Time alignment on the 880 is also fully adjustable. You can also pick specific frequencies for the tweets on an 880prs when in network mode. The 880 has a 16band independent L/R EQ and the Eclipse does not and i will still take a graphic over a parametric just about any day. All of the slope modes you mention on the Eclipse can also be reached with an 880 when used in conjunction with just about any amp. And then the 880 still looks nicer and costs almost half the price. Ill state my point again. Get an 880 and your sound will be on par with a Cd7100. Then you'll have a nice $350 to put towards your install, your speakers, sub stage or anything you want. The end result will be a nicer sounding system. If money isnt a problem to you, forget about both head units and get the H701 combo.

To each his own on this topic. In a perfect world an EQ wouldn't be needed. But we all know an automobile's interior acoustics are FAR from perfect. If the 7 adjustable bands (NOT 21 like someone else tried to say) you COULD BE just fine as far as adjustability goes. A 16 band graphic EQ may be plenty good to. It's just if you're lucky enough that the frequencies that need to be tamed are one of the bands (or close atleast) on your eq. Even a parametric can come up short in this department. So it's a stale mate between the 2. Now if you had a 16 band parametric compared to a 16 band graphic then the parametric will be the better choice.

The CD7000/7100 also has an 11 band PEQ in the 3-way mode.... 5 bands for the tweeters, 5 bands for the midrange drivers, and 1 band for the subwoofer.

All in all, both great headunits that are equally matched. But Pioneer found a way to do this for a little more than half the price.

I also agree that both are great head units, but I do not think they are equally matched. If that were the case I would have picked up the 880. I will say that if you are going authorized the 880 is the better bang for your buck.

whitemax
02-23-2007, 09:55 PM
Here's something I found referring to the 1bit DAC from this website:

http://www.fleetman.co.za/audio.htm?PHPSESSID=c6d24e8ad639c22c2a1422d511d21f ba

"24-bit Resolution 1-bit D/A Converter
The 24-bit resolution 1-bit DAC provides highter resolution combined with lower distortion, thanks to the 24-bit requantisation for CD playback.

24-bit Resolution Burr-Brown 1-bit D/A Converter
The cutting-edge 24-bit DAC provides higher resolution (equivalent to 24-bit) to achieve high sound quality - high signal-to-noise ratio, wide dynamic range and low noise. Subtle nuances of music are reproduced with superior accuracy."

adam71
02-23-2007, 11:39 PM
I also agree that both are great head units, but I do not think they are equally matched. If that were the case I would have picked up the 880. I will say that if you are going authorized the 880 is the better bang for your buck.

How are they NOT equally matched. You're splitting hairs when you say they aren't. You've only come up with a couple minute differences and even then I don't think those differences make it a better unit. Different maybe, but not necessarily better. The fact is the 880 is every bit as good and costs about 60% as much.

adam71
02-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Here's something I found referring to the 1bit DAC from this website:

http://www.fleetman.co.za/audio.htm?PHPSESSID=c6d24e8ad639c22c2a1422d511d21f ba

"24-bit Resolution 1-bit D/A Converter
The 24-bit resolution 1-bit DAC provides highter resolution combined with lower distortion, thanks to the 24-bit requantisation for CD playback.

24-bit Resolution Burr-Brown 1-bit D/A Converter
The cutting-edge 24-bit DAC provides higher resolution (equivalent to 24-bit) to achieve high sound quality - high signal-to-noise ratio, wide dynamic range and low noise. Subtle nuances of music are reproduced with superior accuracy."

So basically all DACs are 1bit but it's the resolution that makes the difference.

whitemax
02-23-2007, 11:49 PM
How are they NOT equally matched. You're splitting hairs when you say they aren't. You've only come up with a couple minute differences and even then I don't think those differences make it a better unit. Different maybe, but not necessarily better. The fact is the 880 is every bit as good and costs about 60% as much.

Your fact..not mine. Splitting hairs for you bud, but for me enough to get the Eclipse...

whitemax
02-23-2007, 11:54 PM
So basically all DACs are 1bit but it's the resolution that makes the difference.

No

XaznKewLguyX
02-24-2007, 12:14 AM
hey there new best friend. You think your friend can spare another cd7k being bought under his name?

i would but he quit a few months ago :crap:

adam71
02-24-2007, 05:58 AM
Your fact..not mine. Splitting hairs for you bud, but for me enough to get the Eclipse...

It seems more to me like you want to justify paying for the Eclipse name whether its worth it or not. But to each his own. If you like a certain sound then who am I to argue your choice.

No

I would have hoped you could come up with a better response than that. I think its just Pioneer's website that is misleading. I will not lie, I do NOT know what the 1 bit means. All I do know is what the resolution means. SACD is 1 bit audio. The difference is it's 2.8 Mhz sampling frequency as opposed to CD's 44.1 khz. To say that Eclipse uses some kind of TRUE 24 bit converter when Pioneer uses an upsampled 1 bit has me a bit skeptical at this point. I'm trying to find out what the differences are but it hasn't been easy thus far. Either way, the end result it what matters most. If the resolution is 24 bit then what difference does it make on how many bits the converter actually is.?? In all reality you're only hearing 20 bits maximum. The last 4 bits are mostly for headroom.

whitemax
02-24-2007, 10:09 AM
It seems more to me like you want to justify paying for the Eclipse name whether its worth it or not. But to each his own. If you like a certain sound then who am I to argue your choice.

The choice I made was for a unit that I feel offered more tuning flexibility and ease of use. To me it was worth it. I have owned a couple of Pioneer HU's. The last one was after owning the Eclipse CD8454, and CD8455 (I actually would switch the units out as I had both at the same time). While the P8600MP is not the 880PRS, it did have a good amount of tuning abilities as does the 880. It did not have the L/R 16 band EQ though, but it did have 13 bands I believe. In the end it did not offer as much flexibility as the Eclipse models for my application (except for the CD8454). I also found the Eclipse models easier to use. While the no/less button things may look cool, I think it makes it harder to adjust things on the fly. I do not want to concentrate on the radio while driving to just do basic functions. I want to concentrate ont the road. With my Pioneer I could not just hit a button or couple of buttons and get what I wanted, I had to dig through the menu using the knob, even to adjust the sub level. This was probably one of the main reasons I did not go with the 880PRS. That is too bad as I feel this is where the Pioneer actually has the Eclipse units (the amount of adjustment it has over the sub volume). The Eclipse units do not offer great control over the sub volume, especially for someone who listens to a very wide range of music.

Another thing I liked about the Eclipse units was the ability to take a snapshot of the systems frequency response curve with the microphone and then either have the website adjust it for you (never use these settings), or let you tackle the problem areas yourself on the website. While the Pioneer unit also offered this, I felt that it was missing the mark big time. The frequencies that were adjusted, were way over boosted for my tastes. Doing this manually with the Pioneer unit was not very easy. It was not easy with the Eclipse either, but at least I had the option to to also do it on line where it became very easy to see things. While this is not as accurate as an RTA, it does help point out some problem areas you may be having, so it's nice to have as a tuning aid. In the end though, the ears is where it's at.

The Eclipse models also have a custom mode which allows even more control. You are not limited by preset values for the x-over or PEQ, you also get more control over the Q values for the PEQ (half increments instead of 1,2,3....), and you can adjust the time alingment in 0.05ms steps. It is nice option to have.

I have no problem jumping around with different brands. The only loyalty I have is to me and my ears. I am looking forward to trying out the new Alpine CDA-9887. I feel that of all the HU's I've owned, Alpine's have always bee the easiest to use. If it's as easy to use as my previous Alpines, and also gets close enough to the sound I have from my Eclipse, I will stick with that Alpine HU.

I would have hoped you could come up with a better response than that. I think its just Pioneer's website that is misleading. I will not lie, I do NOT know what the 1 bit means. All I do know is what the resolution means. SACD is 1 bit audio. The difference is it's 2.8 Mhz sampling frequency as opposed to CD's 44.1 khz. To say that Eclipse uses some kind of TRUE 24 bit converter when Pioneer uses an upsampled 1 bit has me a bit skeptical at this point. I'm trying to find out what the differences are but it hasn't been easy thus far. Either way, the end result it what matters most. If the resolution is 24 bit then what difference does it make on how many bits the converter actually is.?? In all reality you're only hearing 20 bits maximum. The last 4 bits are mostly for headroom.

It is not just their website that is misleading. When I contacted Pioneer, even they seemed a little confused with this. Seemed like the person I contacted did not really want or know how to explain things. Gave me some short answer without really answering the questions I had.

Some people feel that these converters are not at the same level as 24bit ones. This was from reading several web pages a while back. I guess the reason these are used is that they provide good performance at a lower cost. If my Pioneer did have these units, they sounded pretty darn good to me.

Either way, the Pioneer unit I had was a very nice unit. Had it been a little more user friendly, I would have kept it a little longer.

matrxx dude
02-24-2007, 10:46 AM
i like eclipse better,but thats my opinion,and not to mention all the noise issues the 880 had or still does.

whitemax
02-24-2007, 11:14 AM
I thought they had fixed the noise issues after the 860MP's.....

nismos14
02-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Noise issue can be pro-actively stopped from happening as long as you ground the rca's but its pretty assanine that they haven't. For that fact alone and after playing with the 880 maybe in 6 - 8 months i'll try a cd7100... we shall see :)

talibmohamid
02-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Man....thanks for the great info guys...you all are truellllyyy X-perts out here.....I was think eclipse anyways....never seen the pioneer in person but noticed that alot of people love that particular model around here....thanks again???

adam71
02-24-2007, 07:55 PM
Noise issue can be pro-actively stopped from happening as long as you ground the rca's but its pretty assanine that they haven't. For that fact alone and after playing with the 880 maybe in 6 - 8 months i'll try a cd7100... we shall see :)

Actually Pioneer has stated that this problem has been fixed. However there are alot of the units that made it out the door before this was recognized and fixed. For those problematic units theres a one time courtesy fix that is free of charge and I haven't heard of anyone having problems after this fix. People think its the end of the world if this happens to them. Is it inconvenient? **** right it is, but when its fixed you have a GREAT performing head unit for half the price of its comptetition. I guess it depends on one's patience on what they want to put up with. I have an 860 from '04 that was one of the first batch to come out and I've had it in 2 different vehicles with ZERO problems. I would take this 860 over any Eclipse, Alpine or Kenwood any day of the week. I'm biased of course, but Pioneer has given me NO reason to veer away. That is why I also own the P9 combo and can't wait to put that in when the weather breaks.

phyphoestilic
02-24-2007, 08:10 PM
I think the main reason the Eclipse costs more isn't for those features, its for the GPS /Ipod/ USB (CD7100) and a few other things (background graphics/different lighting illumination options, etc). Personnaly, if ur planning on just running an active good SQ setup playing only CD's, then it would be a toss up. But those extra features are the main reason the Eclipse costs more. I got the CD7k cuse I wanted a headunit where i can completely control my Ipod from the HU itself, and also run active with a good SQ head unit.

adam71
02-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I think the main reason the Eclipse costs more isn't for those features, its for the GPS /Ipod/ USB (CD7100) and a few other things (background graphics/different lighting illumination options, etc). Personnaly, if ur planning on just running an active good SQ setup playing only CD's, then it would be a toss up. But those extra features are the main reason the Eclipse costs more. I got the CD7k cuse I wanted a headunit where i can completely control my Ipod from the HU itself, and also run active with a good SQ head unit.

The 880 provides both of these things. Don't get me wrong guys I'm not saying the 7000 is a bad deck. I'm just saying the 880 is pretty evenly matched with it for MUCH, MUCH less money. In fact I bet most people couldn't tell the difference between the 2 sound wise. They're both flexible and both have a slew of options. 880 doesn't have GPS but that is useless unless you're into such a thing.

Diplexers
02-26-2007, 02:32 AM
You're all wrong,......................... Jensen "for teh win":p:

zSnb
02-26-2007, 11:50 PM
.......Then there is the X-over, the CD7100 offers 0/6/12/18/24db slopes for Highpass, mid high/low pass, and low pass for sub. Where the 880prs only offers 0/6/12db for Highpass and 6/12/18db for Subwoofer. Also the 880's X-overs are set at certain points, where the Eclipse CD7100 lets u change it to a specific frequency, for example, HPF set at 3412hz @ 12db slope for the tweets.

Now that we already know the 880 blows away Eclipse in looks, lets go over some things you thought you knew.

Copied and reformatted from the 880prs online manual. As you see, the 3 way mode is much more flexible.

Network (3-way network mode):
High HPF:
Frequency ................ 1.25/1.6/2/2.5/3.15/4/5/6.3/8/10/12.5 kHz
Slope .......................... 6/12/18/24 dB/oct
Gain ............................ 0 to 24 dB/Mute (1 dB step)
Phase ........................ Normal/Reverse
Mid HPF/LPF: Frequency (LPF) .. 1.25/1.6/2/2.5/3.15/4/5/6.3/8/10/12.5 kHz
Frequency (HPF)............................. 25/31.5/40/50/63/80/100/125/160/200/250 Hz
Slope (LPF) ............. 0 (Pass)/6/12/18/24 dB/oct
Slope (HPF) ............ 0 (Pass)/6/12/18/24 dB/oct
Gain ............................ 0 to 24 dB/Mute (1 dB step)
Low LPF (stereo/mono):Frequency ... 25/31.5/40/50/63/80/100/125/160/200/250 Hz
Slope .......................... 12/18/24/30/36 dB/oct
Gain ............................+6 to 24 dB/Mute (1 dB step)

Now as you can see the settings on the 880 in network mode are equal to the ones on the Eclipse CD7100 but with much more flexibility on the sub control.

Lets go over what we know so far...

Category...................Winner

Looks...................................880prs (opinion based...but come on)
Crossover Options...............Tie
Sub Control..........................880prs
EQ........................................880prs
Extra Features.....................CD7100
Price.....................................880prs by a mile

Basically the 880 is the easy winner here. The CD7100 does have the extra features like its ability to use Navigation which is pretty nice. But this is a no brainer. For about $150 to $200 less I can have a nicer head unit and money left over for install or whatever the fvck. I know what I'll be spending my money on when I buy a new h/u in the next few weeks.

adam71
02-27-2007, 12:01 AM
pwnt !!

whitemax
02-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I will stick with my Eclipse a little while longer.....

Lizardking
02-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah, just ground the preouts on the Pioneer........LOL:crazy:

champaned_out
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
^^
if you get a Brand New 880prs you wont need to do any modding to the preouts/RCAs

if you read up you'll find that pioneer fixed that problem... the alt. nosie and ground problem was from the earlier batches of the 880prs
thats why you see some people say their 880 had problems and some dont... because the newer ones have been fixed of that solution

Lizardking
02-27-2007, 11:54 PM
I've owned the Eclipse CD7000.....pure excellence. However the Kenwood 25th owns it....

supa_c
02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
CD3100 and a RF 3sixty.2
Has the most bands of EQ

adam71
02-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah, just ground the preouts on the Pioneer........LOL:crazy:

What the hell is that supposed to mean??:crap:

talibmohamid
02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
YEAH GUYS.......THANKS,,,,,u guys really know how to help!!!:veryhapp:

6spdcoupe
02-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Ill just stick with my DRZ/CD-700/DCT-1

:D

whitemax
02-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Very nice pieces there Don...... if they ever get cold in the east, you can send them down here to San Diego to warm up :D

matrxx dude
03-01-2007, 12:40 AM
eclipse ftmfw

6spdcoupe
03-01-2007, 12:44 AM
And if your money ever gets to warm....

:D