PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 880prs-"ugotadeal" ebay

lion320
02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Im getting ready to order the 880prs tonight from this ebay seller "ugotadeal" who seems to have great feedback and price. Has anyone ordered the 880 from them? If so did you get an unopened and factory sealed unit? Any issues? Thanks

Calikid
02-20-2007, 06:43 PM
link

lion320
02-20-2007, 07:52 PM
Here is the link to there store, then just type in pioneer deh-p880prs.

http://stores.ebay.com/U-Got-A-Deal

nismos14
02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
What does it matter if its unopened and factory sealed? There's still no warranty on it :)

Freestyler717
02-20-2007, 10:52 PM
NO warranty = Do not buy.

dyabolical
02-20-2007, 10:57 PM
I ordered a 880PRS off ebay...got it for 275 shipped....didn't realize it was a refurbished unit...but the seller is giving me a 1 year guarentee on top of the pioneer warranty.

Should arrive tomorrow.

lookitsjim23
02-20-2007, 10:57 PM
if you need warranty expect to pay a lot more

nismos14
02-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I ordered a 880PRS off ebay...got it for 275 shipped....didn't realize it was a refurbished unit...but the seller is giving me a 1 year guarentee on top of the pioneer warranty.

Should arrive tomorrow.

Premier warranties do not apply on on-line sales. He lied to you about the Premier warranty.

champaned_out
02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Premier warranties do not apply on on-line sales. He lied to you about the Premier warranty.

either way as long as he's got at least a one year warrenty theres nothing to worry about

and to the thread starter, you shouldnt buy stuff off ebay without warrenty... espeically when it comes to car electronics... what happens if your deck takes a shiet on you in a month? no warrenty and you wont be able to get a refund since most ebay stores either have a one week return policy or have no refund policy

nismos14
02-20-2007, 11:13 PM
either way as long as he's got at least a one year warrenty theres nothing to worry about

If the seller will replace with another new (refurbed unit) then no he doesn't. If there are any problems with it though, then he won't be getting a repair from Pioneer, it will be from a 3rd party that may not be up to pio standards.

jeffs42885
02-20-2007, 11:25 PM
i JUST ordered it too and was going to make a post about how im excited to have it again :)

dyabolical
02-20-2007, 11:57 PM
From the bid terms:

Refurbished and SEALED by Pioneer.
This unit is a Pioneer Class "A", Quality Refurbished and SEALED by Pioneer,
Unit appears NEW in new brown box, and is guaranteed to work perfectly.
This Unit Comes with ALL accessories supplied by Pioneer.
Protected with 90 days Manufacture's Warranty!
We back this unit by 100% - See our Feedback, Bid with confidence

And also:

Each product is guaranteed by the manufacturer. Complete warranty information is always included in all of our products by the manufacturer. The manufacturer warranty covers repairs and replacements for any defective or faulty products (subject to the manufacturer's policy).

ElectronicsOutlet.com stands behind every item sold through its auctions!
For the extra piece of mind, extended warranty is available, to see warranty offers, please click on the button below.

It is an expressed warranty as per rules of Ebay...if it is jacked up then they have to legally fix it per terms.

nismos14
02-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Contact pioneer and see if its legit.

springy101
02-21-2007, 12:01 AM
From the bid terms:

Refurbished and SEALED by Pioneer.
This unit is a Pioneer Class "A", Quality Refurbished and SEALED by Pioneer,
Unit appears NEW in new brown box, and is guaranteed to work perfectly.
This Unit Comes with ALL accessories supplied by Pioneer.
Protected with 90 days Manufacture's Warranty!
We back this unit by 100% - See our Feedback, Bid with confidence

And also:

Each product is guaranteed by the manufacturer. Complete warranty information is always included in all of our products by the manufacturer. The manufacturer warranty covers repairs and replacements for any defective or faulty products (subject to the manufacturer's policy).

ElectronicsOutlet.com stands behind every item sold through its auctions!
For the extra piece of mind, extended warranty is available, to see warranty offers, please click on the button below.

It is an expressed warranty as per rules of Ebay...if it is jacked up then they have to legally fix it per terms.im pretty sure that gives them an out. pioneers policy is that there are no warranties on online sales.

dleccord
02-21-2007, 12:04 AM
a local store around me is selling their 880 for around 450. im sure thats what you gotta pay for in the store to get the warranty.

nismos14
02-21-2007, 12:06 AM
6th ave electronics in NJ sells it for $339

lancersonly
02-21-2007, 02:23 PM
i actually have recieved mine that i ordered from that guy on ebay which the description said brand new. ive had bad multiple experiences with refurbs and you should only buy brand new. the guy has a good rep and this friggin deck rocks so i wish you the best with yours. mine ran about 286 with shipping. as for the warranty, thats why you have it professionally installed. well precision audio covers it all anyways. i dunno about other places.

quakerroatmeal
02-22-2007, 02:14 AM
If you order it. Let me know how it goes through. I'm looking to purchase one soon also. Woofersetc.com and Onlinecarstereo has em for a little more. I was going to purchase from 1 of the 2 sites.

XTRProBoy
02-22-2007, 04:21 AM
I've seen the ugotadeal seller quite a bit on eBay. Never did business with them but they seem legit for the most part. I mean if you have problems you're probably screwed. You're taking a little bit of a gamble but not much more.

The P880PRS is a competent and very decent HU. If it does fail it's not likely to happen within a year or two anyway. You get no warranty as others have mentioned but for the price savings it's worth it IMO.

I mean anything can fail, anything can arrive DOA, but it's not all that likely. If it's DOA, usually (even with eBay sellers) you'll get an exchange at the very least. If not it's probably going to last longer than the warranty before it does fail (if it ever does).

Buying quality products like the P880PRS has it's benefits in that you're usually getting a quality, reliable product.

Personally I would take the gamble of no warranty (and I have on many occasions without problems) just because of the $$$ savings.

It used to be that big companies like Pio would honour the warranty regardless (as long as you have a receipt) but it seems they've all gotten wiser to the grey-market internet sales of stuff and therefore try to screw you :(

I find it a little ridiculous that manufacturers force the stupid "authorised dealer" BS on you. I mean they made the product, it's brand new, sold by someone that provides you with a dated receipt--they should honour the warranty. It's unfortunate manufacturers have chosen this route just to make money. I guess this is another topic though.

As for it being a refurb I completely disagree with "only buying new". I've explained this before... Refurbs can actually be better than new gear, it all depends. If the item was refurbed by the manufacturer or the manufacturer's authorised party then a refurb should be good; if it's refurbed by a 3rd party I'd question it though. There are cases where refurbs tend to present problems but to know that you have to get replies from owners of refurb P880PRS units. Again you're taking a gamble but if feedback is good and their policies are good, and the savings are good, you might be making a very good purchase.

nismos14
02-22-2007, 09:44 AM
It used to be that big companies like Pio would honour the warranty regardless (as long as you have a receipt) but it seems they've all gotten wiser to the grey-market internet sales of stuff and therefore try to screw you :(

As a matter of fact YOU are the one screwing them by buying on-line. The product is not authorized it can be counterfeit, or stolen or any thing like that. I wouldn't honor the warranty either in that case.

Flipx99
02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
You can buy online via an authorized source. ;)

nismos14
02-22-2007, 10:03 AM
There's only one online retailer that is somehow authorized, and you can get'em from Don :)

Flipx99
02-22-2007, 10:09 AM
derr...., not as cheap as e-bay however, but cheaper than local.

nismos14
02-22-2007, 10:40 AM
And valid warranty, well worth it.

Tonyguy
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
I brought an 880 prs from ugotadeal off of ebay and it is okay. Paid an awesome price and everything works fine.

smd4life
02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
And valid warranty, well worth it.

pioneer may not know he's selling on ebay

OldOneEye
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
Pioneer is becoming very picky about what it warranties. They also use repair centers across the country (they are independent in most cases and certified by Pioneer, get reimbursed when they do an authorized repair). Present an Ebay receipt or give them a reason not to warranty and you might get shot down on a repair.

Juan

lion320
02-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey guys, thanks for all the reply and info. I went ahead and ordered the unit from ugotadeal on ebay. The prs should be here on monday and I cant wait. I was a little hesitant because I basically didnt want to get a used or refurbed unit even though they stated new. Also they informed me that if anything was wrong with the unit out of the box they would immediatly send me another brand new one. So far so good, they seem to have very prompt shipping so Im now waiting on the unit.

NoXious
02-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Warranties are overated. Most places don't give a replacement right on the spot. They send the unit out & a few weeks later you will get an answer. All these companies that don't authorize internet sells are so full of sh1t. They sell the products to the company and dam well know it's being sold online but "we don't warranty online sales". When all the executives & sales team are counting up all the $$$ they make from these transaction bet they don't say why are we selling unauthorized?

quakerroatmeal
03-02-2007, 03:57 AM
So did you ever receive your 880PRS yet? And they are brand new sealed correct, and not factory refurbish units? I plan on purchasing one soon. I was thinking of getting one from onlinecarstereo with extended warranty they offer for it.

lion320
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Yes, I received the unit on monday 2/26/07 and it was factory sealed, all serial numbers matched and definetly 100% brand new as stated on listing. I installed it with my audison lrx 2.250 to run my front stage and sounded excelent with zero issues. It sounded very clean and crisp with so much room for fine tuning as we all know. However, Im thinking I going to be unistalling it today and selling it as I am just to fond of the kenwood excelon I used to have. Also, I decided I dont want to go through all the work to run active as I originaly intended. Anyway great experience with this seller (ugotadeal) and awesome deck.

krisfnbz
03-02-2007, 10:59 AM
all that and he didnt even keep the HU...good luck man!

Trey803
03-02-2007, 11:04 AM
I bought a p880 off ebay. Dont remember the seller but I usually look for the ebaystores where they alos have a website and you can see everything they sell. I havnt had a problem with it yet but I did not get a warranty which you wont unless you buy retail from an authorized dealer

canadapettit
03-02-2007, 11:27 AM
See this is where Pioneer are the biggest hypocrites, they claim that the Premier line is for authorized dealers only and not to be sold online, yet all you have to do is look on ebay or etronics to find them. My store used to be a Premier dealer until Pioneer told us that $35,000 in business wasn't enough. They tell us that people who sell premier online are buying it from transshippers but we all know thats bullshit. And when people think that local retailers are ripping them off price wise knoe this, the mark-up on pioneer cd players is low, 30-35%, which is barely keeps u in business.

iceteebone
03-02-2007, 12:22 PM
i just bought one yesterday from this seller. i have no premier dealer within an 80 mile radius of me so i'll take the risk their feedback seemed pretty good so i went for it. $288 shipped.

Prowler573
03-02-2007, 12:44 PM
See this is where Pioneer are the biggest hypocrites, they claim that the Premier line is for authorized dealers only and not to be sold online, yet all you have to do is look on ebay or etronics to find them.

The same can be said for almost every manufacturer of car audio equipment in existence.
Want to find it cheaper than retail?
Hit up eBay.
Is that product going to be an authorized sale and consequently carry the same valid warranty that it would have if you had purchased it retail?
Nope.
Premier products, when acquired through authorized sources, carry a 2-year manufacturer's warranty.
You'll be lucky to get a 90-day to a 1-year vendor's warranty on eBay purchases.

The same holds true for Kenwood eXcelon stuff. The only authorized online source for eXcelon stuff is Crutchfield. That doesn't stop you from being able to find it 7 days a week on eBay.
There are no authorized online dealers for Diamond Audio gear.
Again, that doesn't stop it from being acquirable anytime day or night off of eBay, though, does it?

chevy_man
03-05-2007, 06:14 PM
my buddy bought my 960 off ebay, and then I bought it from him. The first time my display took a **** on me they fixed it for free, and it was only 2 months from the end of the premiere 2 yr. warranty. So if you call and talk to them, they might fix it if you bought online, or maybe I'm just one lucky SOB.

And I would like to know why they don't authorize at least one or two online retailers. I'm in the middle of BFE and the closest audio shop is 50 miles away. The worst part is all they carry there is wallmart crap. If I want anything decent I have to order online or go to mineapolis (3 hr. drive).

IMXELITE
03-05-2007, 06:19 PM
if you want that unit so bad buy it and get a warranty from squaretrade.com

Mat Dope
03-05-2007, 06:36 PM
if you want that unit so bad buy it and get a warranty from squaretrade.com

square trade warranties are a joke

iceteebone
03-06-2007, 01:45 AM
my buddy bought my 960 off ebay, and then I bought it from him. The first time my display took a **** on me they fixed it for free, and it was only 2 months from the end of the premiere 2 yr. warranty. So if you call and talk to them, they might fix it if you bought online, or maybe I'm just one lucky SOB.

And I would like to know why they don't authorize at least one or two online retailers. I'm in the middle of BFE and the closest audio shop is 50 miles away. The worst part is all they carry there is wallmart crap. If I want anything decent I have to order online or go to mineapolis (3 hr. drive).

crutchfield is an authorized pioneer dealer.

my 880 will be here wednesday from this place :)

type[s5]
03-06-2007, 02:17 AM
crutchfield is an authorized pioneer dealer.

my 880 will be here wednesday from this place :)

Didn't find it on crutchfield...

iceteebone
03-06-2007, 02:18 AM
;2821554']Didn't find it on crutchfield...

well premier isn't authorized period online but pioneer is. idk why. i thought you were talking about pioneer.

iceteebone
03-06-2007, 03:05 PM
just got mine today. looks to be bnib. usually there is tape on the box so idk if the box had been opened but everything is there and looks good so i'm happy. i'll have to hook her up soon