PDA

View Full Version : Audiophile guys: Help tuning A7/up35.

twinkieC405
02-20-2007, 01:09 PM
Trying to tune my A7 amp in conjunction with the 3-way up35's. Im looking for suggestions and advice, all are welcome.

I just installed it the other day and now finally have time to do some tuning and adjustments. Now i know everything is based on personal preference but i know there are certain settings that will give better clarity than others. So here goes.

Note: i am bi-amping the 3 ways, tweets and mids on the front channel through the xover and the midbass woofers on the rear channel.

------------------------------------------

Front Speakers:

Frequency Multiplyier set @ x1 on underside of amp.
HP filter ON set @ about 400Hz

DLS Crossover set at:
Tweeters set to play MID
Mids set to play LOW
Woofers set @ OUT

Rear Speakers:

Frequency Multiplyier set @ x1 on amp.
HP filter ON set @ about 80Hz
LP filter ON set @ about 400Hz

Sub channel:

LP filter ON set @ about 70-80Hz

------------------------------------------

Now if im understanding this correctly it means that....

the front channel plays everything over 400Hz
the rear channel plays everything inbetween 80-400Hz
the sub channel plays below 80Hz.

How does that look to everyone?

I guess its a good start the part that puzzles me is the adjustability on the underside of the amp, the Freq. Multiplyiers. I know what they do but since both are set on x1 it seems as though im not completely utilizing the amps capabilities.

jmanpc
02-20-2007, 01:10 PM
ahaha your avatar is priceless.

twinkieC405
02-20-2007, 01:14 PM
ahaha your avatar is priceless.

lol if thats what it takes to get people to read my posts....

I made it back in high school 3 years ago in my design class.

Hebrew Hammer
02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
to be honest...unless you have dedicated channels of amplification as well as a processor of sorts...you are limited on what you can do when going passive....

your mid/tweet combo looks about right for the drivers you are using 400hz-20k
midbass should go from 400 down to as low as you can play them with out distortion...

and sub should pick up from there...

twinkieC405
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
to be honest...unless you have dedicated channels of amplification as well as a processor of sorts...you are limited on what you can do when going passive....

im not really sure if i understand this. dedicated channels? the tweets/mids have their own and so does the midbass woofer, then the sub also has its own.

i guess i just want to take what i have, and set it up for the best perfomance. i've looked into EQ's but not processors yet.