PDA

View Full Version : Dash Speakers

LazyRider
02-17-2007, 08:11 PM
My dash speakers sound like crap. They're stock and they sound horrible. I'm not looking to replace them with anything amazing since they're just dash speakers but I'd like it to sound good. I was looking at these:

http://sonicelectronix.com/item_2629.html

Any suggestions would be welcome. And do you think I should get some bass blockers as well?

acold7dusta
02-17-2007, 08:14 PM
theyll sound like every other cheap coaxial-harsh and lacking midbass

DaveDSMer
02-17-2007, 08:17 PM
well they will be better than your stock speakers thats for sure. Since you are limited to a 3.5 inch speaker.. there really are not many options for you out there. You could get bass blockers to help a little since its such a small speaker. It would be worth the 20 bucks to put those in, in my opinion.

oldfogey
02-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I bought a set of these for my daughters dash when I ordered my QSD216's. http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3700 I high passed them at 400HZ and they sound great for 30 bucks.I replaced an old set of Infinity's with them.

Gary S
02-18-2007, 03:15 AM
You might be wasting your time with the dash speakers... would you consider a nice component set in the doors or kick panels? You can get great sounding 5.25" - 6.5" component speakers as low as $105 - see Oz Vector components.

If those dash speakers aim at the windshield, you will probably never be happy... speakers are too small, and too much near-field reflections from the windshield.

MBrock4u
02-18-2007, 05:45 AM
I had a set of 4' Alpine type S in my old setup and to tell you the truth I thought it sounded good. I just high passed them from the head unit. It worked for me. Got to be better than his stock.

LazyRider
02-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I did actually think about getting speakers installed in the doors but that was going to be a last resort kind of thing. I'm going to try and get some new speakers in the dash and if I'm still not satisfied I'll probably go with putting some in the door. Thanks for all your help.

konechiwa
02-18-2007, 02:11 PM
the new alpine type-r's are inexpensive. I'd seriously think about putting speakers in your doors because it would sound a lot better because you'd have many more options (6.5/5.25 instead of 3.5). They also be able to give you a little midbass kick, whereas if you bass blocked the 3.5's then you'd only get midrange.