PDA

View Full Version : 500horsepower OR germaniums ? lol

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 02:22 PM
All I need to put me up around the 500 rwhp mark for my trans am is an LS6 intake, can get them for about 350 dollars or so. Whats your take? The horsepower, or the tunes? lol

xxxpower
02-17-2007, 02:24 PM
what parts you got on ur car right now

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 02:32 PM
60 lb injectors, d1sc ati blower with the dual intercoolers as well as a 10 lb pulley, offroad y pipe, um borla exhaust, thats about it as far as performance, I talked to the guys that'll be tuning it, they said with my mods and a good tune, i would be up around the 475-500 mark no problem, granted, if im not careful ill kill the rear end, but ive got street tires so itll burn those off before throwing a rear end

pimpedout97x
02-17-2007, 02:33 PM
**** a germ get the ponies!

xxxpower
02-17-2007, 02:34 PM
dam sounds good got any pics

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 02:37 PM
for sure, but you havent answered my question lol, ill w-hore some pics out in a lil bit, gotta find the camera.

xxxpower
02-17-2007, 02:40 PM
i say go for The horsepower

dinty01
02-17-2007, 02:45 PM
i woulda said go for some profi's but theyre gone. . . . . . :woot:

dspencer24
02-17-2007, 02:51 PM
i d say go for the tunes if all your adding in ls6 intake to your system your already extremely close to 500 personally i would take the tunes..

Eugenics
02-17-2007, 02:56 PM
tunes, makes driving all that more fun.

dspencer24
02-17-2007, 03:01 PM
specially when its cystal clear

dinty01
02-17-2007, 03:03 PM
i have a few friends that mod their trans ams, and their exhausts are loud, would you be able to hear the power/clarity of the germs over your exhaust?

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 03:05 PM
i have a few friends that mod their trans ams, and their exhausts are loud, would you be able to hear the power/clarity of the germs over your exhaust?

yea a pair of profis woulda been nice, but the day i free up the cash, they're gone! lol and yes the car is loud, but, you can hear that monsoon over the exhaust, so I am sure a pair of germs pushed by ~220 watts per side would be heard

mlstrass
02-17-2007, 03:05 PM
And you already have WAY too much HP for that weak a$$ rear end, so more power won't help you out.

And I know 2 guys that HAVE broken the rear end with STREET tires, and I'm not talking a drag radial either.

If you get the intake plan on another $2500+ and a call to Moser for a rear end.

P.S. I've got a station wagon that wants a lane next to your LS1!!!!!!

dinty01
02-17-2007, 03:07 PM
yea i think they would if youre going to power them like that. My friends arent into a nice sounding setup in their trans ams, their other cars yes, but they like the speed and sound of the car more so than listening to the radio/cd/xm etc

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 03:07 PM
i d say go for the tunes if all your adding in ls6 intake to your system your already extremely close to 500 personally i would take the tunes..

to answer your question i currently only have 420rwhp with 421rwtq, it is on a very poor tune, wayyy rich, i asked the guys that will be tuning it and that is their input, its obvious, black soot all over the back of the car after full throttle, granted, it should be somewhat rich so i dont fry the seals and have muchas problemas lol but not that bad, so with a good tune, and the intake swap, id be up around 500

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 03:13 PM
And you already have WAY too much HP for that weak a$$ rear end, so more power won't help you out.

And I know 2 guys that HAVE broken the rear end with STREET tires, and I'm not talking a drag radial either.

If you get the intake plan on another $2500+ and a call to Moser for a rear end.

P.S. I've got a station wagon that wants a lane next to your LS1!!!!!!

the car has run on this much horsepower with no problems as of yet, until i blow the rear end its the LAST of my concerns, dont fix whats not broken eh. Other trans am owners have run 11's on their stock 10 bolt with no problems, others have had it go out with stock horsepower, just depends on how lucky you are. I ran it with drag radials all last summer, no problems. I should've made this thread a poll...

azbass
02-17-2007, 03:52 PM
with 500hp, you're not suposed to even hear the speakers ;)

jmanpc
02-17-2007, 03:53 PM
ppppoooonnniiieeesss

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 04:02 PM
with 500hp, you're not suposed to even hear the speakers ;)

well at full throttle you cannot hear much of anything, but its got a generally calm idle to it, and, at cruising speed you can definetely jam to the tunes

Alpine CDA-9815
02-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Go fast goodies get old, go buy some sound system stuff IMO. :)

phyphoestilic
02-18-2007, 03:33 AM
I dont like riding in my bro's trans am just cuse the engine/road noise is really annoying. He has no deadening whatsoever (all the factory foam is gone) cuse the interior was flooded. That plus he doesn't even turn the music 1/4 of the volume up cuse it "too loud" when u can barely hear it. -_-

I'd say just get the sound system should make the ride alot more enjoiable.

JimJ
02-18-2007, 01:07 PM
500hp.

You can make a lower-level set of components sound just as good with proper tuning and care of installation, but you can't fake what's under the hood :)

tukn18s
02-18-2007, 06:05 PM
not thouroughly, the doors are done, and the rear is done, i am not even going to bother with the floor or other random areas, it works enough for me.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-18-2007, 06:11 PM
not thouroughly, the doors are done, and the rear is done, i am not even going to bother with the floor or other random areas, it works enough for me.
No real point in doing the whole thing. I fully sound deadened my Camaro and it was better but not worth the time or money... well I got the stuff for cost so it was worth the mony but not worth my 3 days to do it.

smd4life
02-18-2007, 06:12 PM
both...of course

tukn18s
02-18-2007, 06:13 PM
both...of course

yes i know, eventually both will be done, but one will be now, and one will be later this summer lol

Alpine CDA-9815
02-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I cannot disagree with you more. What did you use?? Peel + Seel? I mean, a fully deadend car will be worth the effort, even if it take 4 days to do it right. I am about to do a HUGE FULL and CORRECT DEADNER build. I'll make a blog with full pics. Second Skin damp pro, slude, overkill, and heat wave install. You tell me it wont be worth the effort??

Ask anyone who has fully correctly deadend a car, if you feel it wasnt worth the effort. . . it because you didnt do it correctly.
lolz...

I used 7 gallons of Spectrum Sludge (floor, hatch, etc), 120sqft of Damplifier Pro (doors mostly, on plastic interior and misc stuff), 30sqft of rattle pad (put between the plastic and metal for the doors and in the doors) and then around 50sqft of Overkill (floor and for doors). All just as Ant suggested for me to use it on.

This is when I was into car audio, I knew Ant and he gave me the stuff at cost in trade for pics and reviews. The f-bodies are just noisy rattle traps. As I said it did help, you could not here my stereo outside the car with the doors closed/windows up. Though the car still had a lot of rattles in the interior and the exhaust was still loud enough to be annoying. So as I said it was worth the money but to me not worth my time. I guess I set my goals too high on what it would do.

You talk a lot of **** on here...

Amokie
02-19-2007, 05:09 PM
HP. Then save up a little bit and buy some Crystals.

tukn18s
02-19-2007, 06:28 PM
HP. Then save up a little bit and buy some Crystals.

already bought the germs this morning lol, i had the amp for them sittin around so it just made more sense, the horsepower will come later this summer, maybe even right before summer starts. Like I said, both will get done, just a matter of which one first.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-19-2007, 08:06 PM
already bought the germs this morning lol, i had the amp for them sittin around so it just made more sense, the horsepower will come later this summer, maybe even right before summer starts. Like I said, both will get done, just a matter of which one first.
Perfect. I wish I would have spent some money on some type of aftermarket sound system on the goat... I think you will be happy you made the choice you did.

tukn18s
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
yea the car is fast enough for now, if there is such a thing. I need to have the tunes in order to enjoy the ride a little more, there are very few automobiles that can beat me on the streets of my town so for now, this will do the trick. Until I save up a little more money, then, the re-tune as well as the intake will happen.

atsaubrey
02-19-2007, 10:03 PM
****** GTO my man!!!!!!!! I will say you made the right move, I have a 2006 Corvette and a 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT8 and 400+ hp is stupid for just on the street. I guess I should say 400+ is plenty for the street. :up2somet: Anyhow good move and 500 HP is just stoopid in my opinion. I just bought a 2007 Tacoma 4 door with the TRD package on saturday and the thoughts I have are how the hell do I fit a sub in this thing....most people would say lift kit and the other crap.:crazy:

Alpine CDA-9815
02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
I just worked with sludge last night. . . I kinda like it. . . a lot. I will be doing damp pro./sludge/overkill on the trunk + floor. Only damp. pro + overkill on headliner. See the sig. . . and btw I had no idea you used the correct stuff, my bad. . .as far as talking a lot of ****. . . yyyeaaahhh i speak my mind and sometimes I get aggrivated but I try to help out if I can. Im not one of those ppl that spend all thier time ONLY on THE LOUNGE. . . ugh.
me < you.
I mostly just spend my time here (car performance), I got no money for car audio stuff yet. I've done two pretty big systems in my last two vehicles it's time for something new, though I do plan on doing something in the GTO... nothing to big fast>system for ths car.

Ant's products are some of the best out there. I'm sure I'll go with his stuff again when the goat is ready for some sound deadening. The sludge is easy to put on, I find using a foam brush the easiest way to do it. Sounds like a good combo you got going for your project.

jonnybusa
03-01-2007, 01:15 AM
60 lb injectors, d1sc ati blower with the dual intercoolers as well as a 10 lb pulley, offroad y pipe, um borla exhaust, thats about it as far as performance, I talked to the guys that'll be tuning it, they said with my mods and a good tune, i would be up around the 475-500 mark no problem, granted, if im not careful ill kill the rear end, but ive got street tires so itll burn those off before throwing a rear end

DUDE YOU CAN KEEP THAT INTAKE ON THERE, AND SPEND THE MONEY ON A CUSTOM GRIND CAM. THAT WILL ACTUALLY ADD MORE PONIES THAN THE INTAKE BECAUSE IT'LL MAKE THE BLOWER MORE EFFICIENT. ON MY ONE STANG, I SWITCHED FROM AN OFF THE SHELF AFTERMARKET CAM, TO A CUSTOM GRIND CAM, AND IT Made an extra 66 rwhp/44rwtq. those intakes on your car dont choke the motor too much. the cam swap will make it a monster....guaranteed!!!