PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Mounting Options

Flipx99
02-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I tried the little tricks or whatever to get these profi kicks to mount. They just ain't going the normal stock way or with a slightly larger baffle.

Looks like my choices are

a) Cut the door panel. This is the least desirable option and I am not too good at things like this. Also, I have to worry about people kicking it and stuff. If I were talented, I would just do it. I also have to consider replacing the door panel when I sell the truck.

b)Q forms. They sell a 6.5" Q-form that matches my truck. People have complained about them being rather flimsy but I guess I get solidify with clay and sound deadener. It will cost me about $179 to do this and I am still unsure if the tweeter will fit down there. However, this option does take care of my tweeter placement issue.

c)Sell these mids and buy something shallow. I'd hate to do this but I want something stock looking and the other options aren't exactly great.

Flipx99
02-17-2007, 10:56 PM
I chose option A. I will have pics tomorrow.

iceteebone
02-18-2007, 11:12 AM
so are you making a pod or just hacking the door panel?

Flipx99
02-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Hacking the door panel and making a baffle out of mdf. It fits pretty good. Cutting the door panel didn't go 100% perfect but nice enough. Pics will be posted later. I am in and out now, warmin up from tiime to time.

chucku
02-18-2007, 06:19 PM
****ing cold out in tenn?

iamamp3pimp
02-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Pics!