PDA

View Full Version : Custom tweeter mounting plate

DDFrontier
02-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Hey guys,

I have a 2001 Nissan Frontier pickup that had stock tweeters mounted up near the sail panel behind little grills in my door panels. Anyway, I popped those little grills off (actually broke them off!) and the hole behind them is SQUARE!!!

Needless to say, the flange on the flush mount cups that came with my new tweeters will not cover all of this hole. So, I got some thin acrylic sheet and cut out a piece the shape and size of the stock tweeter grill. I then cut a 2" hole in this to accept the flush mount cup. Do you think the metal back-up piece and screw will be enough to pinch the plate to the door panel and not let it move?

Basically, I just slipped the cup into the hole in the piece I cut and I'll put the metal bracket thingie behind the door panel and tighten the hell out of the screw until it ***** everything up tight.

I am asking your opinions because the door panels were left at work today and I won't be able to sleep unless I know this will work! HA HA

Also, the door panels are dark, dark charcoal (almost black). Should I spray paint the pieces I made semi-gloss black or what? The tweeter mounting cups are black with a semi-shine to them.