PDA

View Full Version : tuning question about phasing

2wheeler
02-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Toyota tacoma pickup with Infinity Reference components on a 100x2 RF amp. Speakers are installed in the stock locations, woof in the bottom front of the door, tweets in the top front of the doors. I'm going to be trying reversing phase on my tweets or woofers to see if it helps imaging / soundstage. Question is: Does it make a difference doing the woofers vs. doing the tweeters? Or is that just two ways of accomplishing the exact same thing? If there is a difference, then what would be a better choice to start with?

I know (now) that I can do much better than the Infinitys, but for now I'm trying to get everything working as good as possible before I spend money on new comps. Doors are pretty well deadened already, but I'll also be building MDF rings to replace the factory plastic mounts.

Any other lo-cost tuning tricks I'm missing?

BTW, I've searched for hours and found lots of good info, but no answer to this question...

T3mpest
02-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Ideally try all combo's. Just 1 tweet out of phase, both tweets out, both woofers etc.

squeak9798
02-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Ideally try all combo's. Just 1 tweet out of phase, both tweets out, both woofers etc.

:word:

2wheeler
02-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Looks like I've got some experimenting to do. Probably start by moving my x-overs out of the door...

Thanks