PDA

View Full Version : any one a focal fan

staticxtant81
02-16-2007, 12:06 AM
i started out with some 6.5 access comps and some access 6x9's on an alpine f250 moved up to the polyglass v2's on a phoenix gold old schooler, sound awsome real clean response have the 6.5's in a .25 inch net fiberglass enclosure in each door and tweets on the pilars, anyone else have a good focal experience and if anyone has how are the kf's and k2's

troy_audi0
02-16-2007, 12:16 AM
yeah ..
Focal Rocks..
I got Polyglass 165V1's
I install Focals all week dont get anyone back saying they dont like'em..
But I do get there friends & Family comming in to get them installed..
Enjoy them..
peace troy

Gary S
02-16-2007, 01:26 AM
They are great speakers, I have a set of the old Utopias... they are much like the current K2 series.

However, they are overpriced compared to what you can get today and the deals out there right now... if I were buying today, I'd look at Cerwin Vega V-max at onlinecarstereo.com, Kicker SS, MB Quart QSC on sale at ikesound, Kenwood XXV-04S series at Crutchfeild... both the latter are 75 - 80% off at $200.

95stroked1500
02-16-2007, 01:30 AM
never owned them, but i respect them and like their sound.

bri487
02-16-2007, 01:59 AM
i had some focals back in the day. yellow cone ones, i cant remember which and am too lazy to look. they sounded great with a 300/2 eclipse deck and no processing, but i sold those with my old mustang.

staticxtant81
02-16-2007, 03:52 AM
i love the polygalsses i have used many components i dont think the mbquarts come closs, i have had the discuss up to the q's and they didnt sound as good at all, i use the cals wit my alpine 3da-w882 sound proseecor deck and a phoenix gold sapphire im selling the deck

casper97ta
02-16-2007, 03:05 PM
i love my focal acess 6.5's i recently blew one so im looking for another one if i can get my hands on one. i upgraded from mb quarts to the focals. the focals sound more natural to me. excellent product.

Big Reazon
02-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I have used focals for my highs for about a year now I have them in my daily beater truck love them. My uncle put them on his harley. He has the polyy glass cv1s 4 of them in the front of his bike and 2 6x9 for bass pointed towards his wheels on his saddle bags. Its a harley. But I mean they are loud and clear. His set is powered with the alpine pdx4.150 amp the front is and the back is powered by a little old school pheonix gold. I mean they are lodand clear. They are just a step or 2 above the diamond d6 in the highs part but the focals have alot more bass. I wonder how they will compare to some rainbow profi van kicks.

LoudCrownVic
02-16-2007, 05:50 PM
Focal *****, right up there with Morel and Seas...

Bargain basement junk, not worth anyone's time.

;)

Intercooler
02-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Well if you do buy any Focal piece and it should fail buy something else. I am over 6 months getting a 6x9 back. Never again! I would eat dog **** first! :furious:

ItalynStylion
02-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Never again! I would eat dog **** first! :furious:

Anyone else curious to see this in action?

Intercooler
02-19-2007, 09:52 PM
The bitter taste wouldn't last as long.

konechiwa
02-19-2007, 09:53 PM
it's been 6 months and your sig still says rears are focals?

I like their sound. fingerlicking good.

Echo42987
02-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Focal = great clarity for a great price

worth the upgrade

-Nick-

ItalynStylion
02-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Focal = great clarity for a great price

worth the upgrade

-Nick-

I agree, you just have to find a good place that has them on sale and snatch them up:D

camry_tuner
02-20-2007, 04:08 AM
i have a set of focal polyglass 165v2, but honestly, their tweets can be fatiguing at times. the midrange is very clear, but the midbass could use some work, i mean they're decent, but they could be better. I've heard worst though, i used to run infinity speakers. Those r the only complaints. otherwise, great set, and i got them for a good deal too, so that makes em sound better =P.

focal makes a good product, but as with all other products, there are some flaws. harsh highs, and the midbass could use some work, this is all out of the 165v2 set, i havent heard the k2p sets.

expo5.0
02-20-2007, 04:25 AM
yeah, i'm not wildly impressed with any of them for the money

if anything i think i coudl justify running their subs easier than the components-

SQChevy
02-21-2007, 10:14 AM
I plan on either running a set of old utopia or K2s or if I can convince the fiance try and see if I can get a good price on the Be's for a daily, though that may be a bit too much. One set of Be's is enough I guess. No reason to be greedy.

djdilliodon
02-21-2007, 12:11 PM
Well if you do buy any Focal piece and it should fail buy something else. I am over 6 months getting a 6x9 back. Never again! I would eat dog **** first! :furious:

Ha and i thought jl was bad at 2 months!

Intercooler
03-02-2007, 10:00 AM
it's been 6 months and your sig still says rears are focals?

I like their sound. fingerlicking good.7 months now! They said a month ago they were shipping it. I am calling today and if they can't supply me with a tracking number I am buying a new set this weekend and IF that 6x9 ever shows up the entire Focal setup will be on E-Bay :mad:

dleccord
03-02-2007, 10:15 AM
i have a set of focal polyglass 165v2, but honestly, their tweets can be fatiguing at times. the midrange is very clear, but the midbass could use some work, i mean they're decent, but they could be better. I've heard worst though, i used to run infinity speakers. Those r the only complaints. otherwise, great set, and i got them for a good deal too, so that makes em sound better =P.

focal makes a good product, but as with all other products, there are some flaws. harsh highs, and the midbass could use some work, this is all out of the 165v2 set, i havent heard the k2p sets.

thank you.

i was on to that set for a few days trying to see what people think of them. not sure if midbass was great. i have heard they're tweets can be harsh too.