PDA

View Full Version : Need some box input

Crzy
02-15-2007, 05:13 PM
aright ive been running my 2 12 rl-p's in a conventional slot ported box. it is about 2.5-3 cubes tuned to 34 hertz. its been good and sounds awesome but i want to try something new. now my trunk o0pening is way too smal to do anything with dso the max box that could fit into the opening is 30 wide by 15 tall by 17.75 deep (all in inches) but in front of that which is hte room left over int he trunk i can fit about another 16 inches so i was gonna make the box pull apart :naughty: and have quick release latches so i can pullk the box out in segments when it needs to come out for the spare if that time ever comes.

but what kinda box should i make? if its another slot ported the port and subs would both have to fire up towards the lid of the trunk and rear deck which would probably create horrible vibrations like it does now. i was tryign to do something so i can vent the ports through my rear deck if thats possiable. so if any designers are out there that wanna help someone out just tell me your plans and then we can talk about the price

i just need some plans for a box that will tear apart my car bassicially i will build it.

any help is appriciated guys, heres some pics of my setup currently, a little rough i know but i never tottaly finished :uhoh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/crzysvgusr/Picture024.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/crzysvgusr/Picture029.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/crzysvgusr/Picture017.jpg

Crzy
02-15-2007, 06:21 PM
bump any designers out there willing to give a shot or am i just gonna have to build a big slot ported box :(

mlstrass
02-15-2007, 06:57 PM
If you want to go bigger then do them in separate boxes, that's what I did for my RL-P's. Actually making new boxes this weekend.

Mine are front firing since the rear seat folds down. Sub/port is on the END of the boxes, not the face as normal.

What size/tune you considering? SS site only recommends up to 2^3 per sub, so you could 2 boxes that size tuned to 34Hz, might get some more output compared to what you have now.

Crzy
02-15-2007, 08:30 PM
rear seats dont fold down, and i cant do separate boxes the opening doesnt fit it i tried already

i was thinking bandpass but i dunno if the area is big enough to do it

Trixter
02-16-2007, 04:22 AM
if it's good and sounds awesome, and it seems like it would be a lot of hassel, why not just leave it? you seem to be pretty limited on space. you could gain more space by using the spare tire well and incorporate that into the box's volume.

if you added some punctuation to your post it would be easier to read....maybe a little proofreading too.;)

Crzy
02-16-2007, 10:42 AM
ha yea i typed it up quick had to go out, but i just need some more spl and am slightly limited on cash so the biggest thign i can do is make a new box. and it seems from what i have read that bigger volume boxes make more spl, correct?

plus i like to build boxs anyway keeps me occupied :D

Trixter
02-17-2007, 11:42 AM
well, the bigger the box, the effecient the sub becomes resulting in a greater out put. this out put may not necessarly be spl. (kinda like how a sub can sound loud but not turn out high numbers.) you can kill a pair of birds with a rock by shorten up the port. this will tune you box higher, increasing spl, and give you more internal volume. shoot for about 38hz.

Crzy
02-18-2007, 10:51 AM
thanks trixter that helped a bit i might design my own box or something