PDA

View Full Version : I have the chance to get this.........

oxsign
02-15-2007, 12:00 AM
for less than an 1/8 of the price shown here
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17089
Yes it's a boss, and yes I know their not the best. My question is it does not have a sub pre out. So what would I need to do to have control of my low ends? Such as with my 860 that has the pre outs, and controls. I can pretty much do anything with the subs. What would I need to use/run with this unit to have any control of my subs/amps?:crap:

jmanpc
02-15-2007, 12:03 AM
just get an external eq / xover

VOA_NIGHTMARE
02-15-2007, 12:05 AM
For that price I would personaly look into the jenson flips screans unless you were not going for that style. There cheaper and from what I have read in the past they seem to be a very decent hu.

oxsign
02-15-2007, 12:07 AM
just get an external eq / xoverThats it? It's that simple? Ok cool.

Well I can get this for about $100 new in the box. So even if it doesn't work out well, I'm at no big loss. Thx for the help guys. :cool:

XTRProBoy
02-16-2007, 02:10 AM
for less than an 1/8 of the price shown here
My question is it does not have a sub pre out. So what would I need to do to have control of my low ends? What would I need to use/run with this unit to have any control of my subs/amps?
If it has rear pre-outs and you don't run rear speakers then you can always use the rear outputs as the sub output and use the fader as your level control (fading towards the front decreases the level, the middle point is the max level). Crossover will have to be handled by the amp though, which isn't so bad.

JohnnyChuttz
02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Lawls-- this place wants $1600 for that thing.

http://www.soundaround.co.nz/shop/mobile-tvdvd/bv9200boss-in-dash-double-din-

I can't believe decks are still being made with no pre-outs.

JohnnyChuttz
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
NM, NZD= New Zealand Dollars

$640 American

nismos14
02-19-2007, 10:43 AM
Or you can run a LOC and take the signal from the headunit into an amp/amps. Use the front channels for the amp on the internal speakers and the rears for the sub or something of that nature.