PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer DEH-2900 Won't Power On???

Acizzle423
02-14-2007, 11:06 PM
Ok, so I took this to my boy for him to install it. He is pretty knowledgeable in car audio, so I trust him. Anyways, I have to wire mines different from most players. The guy who did my install before cut my factory harness, BIG "NO-NO", but that's my fault for trying to save money. :mad: Anyways, I just took out my old Eclipse unit and hooked this one up just like the Eclipse H/U was. We could tell what goes where because of a guide telling which factory wire goes to what after market wire. Well, we get it hooked up and everything, plug up the H/U and wha-la, nothing!:eyebrow:

SO we made sure to make sure EVERYTHING was correct. Ground=Check, Battery=Check, ACC=Check. Everything is correct for the unit to power on, but it won't even do that. Made sure I had a good ground and tried to connect to the chassis, but still no luck.

I'm bummed, but will run by a professional shop tomorrow, even though I know my friend is pretty good. But, any tips or anything that I could try before tomorrow afternoon. Sure ***** having no bump in the car even though it's been one day. :crying:

azbass
02-14-2007, 11:10 PM
wires may be connected ok, but do you have a multi meter, etc. to actually see if you are getting power ?

before makeing a new thread, i would have checked that out first. :idea:

smd4life
02-14-2007, 11:12 PM
try the fuses also....after you DMM the wires........just for a fellow 423er

Acizzle423
02-14-2007, 11:14 PM
^So there's a possibility the fuse on the new H/U is bad? I'll check that out. As for a DMM meter I don't think I have one, but I would suppose I need to invest in one.