PDA

View Full Version : tuning a box?

blackbonnie
02-14-2007, 10:44 PM
exactly how do you tune a box? im not new to car audio, but new to box building, i wouldnt have any trouble building a box, i just want to know exactly how you would tune a box, and what does it do for you? also how do you know what to tune it at, with different subs? thank you, -jay-

PowerNaudio
02-14-2007, 11:00 PM
this link has the equations for port tuning link (http://www.diysubwoofers.org/misc/portcal.htm)

you tune the enclosure to increase low end bass and or control the output of the sub .
the tuning you select for the enclosure has to match the subwoofer that your using, meaning tuning too high or too low will effect the output of the subwoofer in a maner that is not going to favor the performance and can sometimes destroy a perfectly good sub. in order to get the sub to play its best you have to manipulate the properties of the enclosure by properly selecting the enclosure volume the port area and port length and make them match the specific subwoofer characteristics.

bholtmeier
02-15-2007, 12:47 AM
What he's trying to say is that you should have me design you a box

dleccord
02-15-2007, 01:54 AM
...for free.

Trixter
02-15-2007, 03:52 AM
i have replied to sooo many threads for this...

PLEASE do an advanced search with the key word "tuning" and my user name.....you should find what your looking for....if not just aks or pm me.

blackbonnie
02-15-2007, 05:34 PM
thanks for all of your input, im just trying to get aquainted with as much as possible. -jay-