PDA

View Full Version : March 31st US Audio Glen Burnie MD 1X Event

dinty01
02-14-2007, 07:35 PM
So whos going to the show? Im gonna try and make it, not sure if Im going to have my amps back from repair by then though :crap:

Click Here (http://www.dbdrag.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=9069) to go the Db Drag webpage for more info on the show

dvrmstrng
02-14-2007, 07:38 PM
guess this will be my first comp...dont know if i want to drop $30 just to be in it though...i dont think i have what it takes to "compete"

dinty01
02-14-2007, 08:16 PM
well, what do you think you need to "compete" You have a ride that will get you there and back, it performs well, it may not be the loudest in your class but unless youve tested it on a termlab you wont know. Hell in 2005 I went to the All truck Nats in carlisle and while I was there thought Id try the SLAP show, and i thought id do it for fun, well I won my class outright by like 5 deebeees. I had no idea Id win but it was cool.

You just get there, register(pay & fill out a form(s) about your ride, and they ppl workin the both will help if you have any questions, then when the qualifying starts, they go by class and when your class is qualifying you go up to the lanes, once in the test area, they put the mic on your windshield and ask you if youre ready, you say yes, IIRC the highest RPM you can have is 2000, keep it revved up and once the clock starts tickin play some music/test tones/sine waves whatever ya want really, to get the highest score. There is no set song/tone/note that will be best for your ride, you nned to get on a meter to figure it out. Then when the 30 secs is up you tur it down, and drive out to the hang out area and wait.

Thats it, dont know if you needed all that info or not but I typed it :D It isnt as hard as ppl think it is, nothing harder than getting in your ride and turning it up like ya normally do.

tprj82
02-15-2007, 08:29 AM
wrong =p, db drag your not allowed to sit in the car while you go through the lanes only bass race

dvrmstrng
02-15-2007, 11:27 AM
dinty...any way i could get on a termlab in the philly area before the show?

dvrmstrng
02-15-2007, 11:32 AM
nevermind...ill be back in NJ at that point for spring break...

dinty01
02-15-2007, 03:00 PM
wrong =p, db drag your not allowed to sit in the car while you go through the lanes only bass race

really? Ive seen a lot of people sit in their rides during a burp, IIRC my class and up isnt allowed to sit in the vehicle even with ear protection on(it is fun to do though in my van :D :D) but Im pretty sure Randy sits in his truck, I could be wrong though, I just remember watching him do bass race and the whole truck was flexing, everything haha good times.

dinty...any way i could get on a termlab in the philly area before the show?

I know theres a few meters in the area, I have an audio control meter but a lot of people dont like to ue them since they arent as accurate as a termlab, but it does its job, it also has a real time analyzer built in which is nice. When you gonna be available to get on a mic before the show?

dvrmstrng
02-15-2007, 04:49 PM
this weekend?...im free whenever...tomorrow this weekend monday....audio control doesnt bother me...just wanna know what type of numbers im gonna be close to

tprj82
02-15-2007, 05:08 PM
really? Ive seen a lot of people sit in their rides during a burp, IIRC my class and up isnt allowed to sit in the vehicle even with ear protection on(it is fun to do though in my van :D :D) but Im pretty sure Randy sits in his truck, I could be wrong though, I just remember watching him do bass race and the whole truck was flexing, everything haha good times.

I know theres a few meters in the area, I have an audio control meter but a lot of people dont like to ue them since they arent as accurate as a termlab, but it does its job, it also has a real time analyzer built in which is nice. When you gonna be available to get on a mic before the show?

not during db drag, anything over 140db and your in your car it isnt legal, bass race your allowed thats a different catergory

dinty01
02-17-2007, 12:55 AM
not during db drag, anything over 140db and your in your car it isnt legal, bass race your allowed thats a different catergory

Ok yea, I asked Randy about it(not that I didnt believe you ;) ) and he showed me the online db drag handbook i guess its called and I read most of it. You are correct, you cannot sit in your vehicle for a run and you must keep the doors shut for the full 30 seconds. Lots of interesting stuff in there honestly, stuff I need to know

dinty01
02-17-2007, 12:57 AM
this weekend?...im free whenever...tomorrow this weekend monday....audio control doesnt bother me...just wanna know what type of numbers im gonna be close to

Hey this weekend doesnt work for me, we're moving some stuff around from our rental properties so Ill be busy all weekend, lemme know when youre free and IF it isnt 10 degrees outside we might be able to do this

tprj82
02-17-2007, 08:15 AM
hahaha newbie =p j/k

dinty01
02-17-2007, 09:51 AM
hahaha newbie =p j/k

I know Im a n00b :crap:

jagblazer01
02-21-2007, 08:19 AM
wooo ill be there....hopefully my new setup is in and i have my 2 new batts. im trying to compete street c:D

dinty01
02-23-2007, 08:33 PM
I just hope the weather will be good, it may get alittle cold since it will be a afternoon/night show though

jagblazer01
02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
weather around that time of year here is kinda crazy....anything could happen lol

THXdts
03-18-2007, 04:18 PM
How much does it cost to just watch?

assman
03-18-2007, 06:58 PM
What ever gas money you spend getting there,its free to watch.
Ohh yeah i'll be there competing.

dinty01
03-18-2007, 07:30 PM
What ever gas money you spend getting there,its free to watch.
Ohh yeah i'll be there competing.

nice, yea im trying to be there :D

dvrmstrng
03-18-2007, 07:31 PM
i mighttt make it....we will see

THXdts
03-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Can you just get metered there?

assman
03-18-2007, 08:05 PM
More then likely not,you would have to ask the guy running it at the show.

tprj82
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Can you just get metered there?

why not just enter and have fun? its worth it, even if its just for bass race, theres always a class for everyone in that format