PDA

View Full Version : help me disign a box

Krayzie
02-13-2007, 09:31 PM
:edit: i spelt "design" wrong:crap:

hey guy, im new too car audio and have no idea what im doing you please help me.

i took a pic of how much space i have and its 32" in diameter and 8" deep. just wanted to know what i could run in that. most likely be getting the box made because i cant do fibreglass... im not sure but i think i could take out all that plastic and have more space to work with, will have to find out.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/Krayzie135/subbox003.jpg

Gianotti
02-13-2007, 11:06 PM
id leave the plastic in there and it obivious that your spare tire goes there, i would put a sheet of MDF over the fill over the spare tire ( with tire in it, if it lays flush and then run w.e subs you want on top of it...for subs id run to 10's or 2 12's depending on how much bass you like? everyone has there opinons on subs and how much you wanna spend also, but 2 type r 12s or 10s and you wont be dissapointed or some kicker l5s, like i said how much you willing to spend and what you like to listen to matters the most...hope i helped

icpurplepplalot
02-13-2007, 11:10 PM
what kind of car is that?

Krayzie
02-14-2007, 02:19 AM
id leave the plastic in there and it obivious that your spare tire goes there, i would put a sheet of MDF over the fill over the spare tire ( with tire in it, if it lays flush and then run w.e subs you want on top of it
didnt quite understand what you are trying to say. should i just put a peice of MDF over the hole and put a sub in it and not make a box?

what kind of car is that?
its an Infiniti FX35 and you can see my stock Bose subs on the right side:p:

icpurplepplalot
02-14-2007, 07:33 PM
what are the dimensions of the trunk? width,height and length? Is it a hatchback? Are you just wanting to build a box in your spare tire compartment?

Gianotti
02-14-2007, 07:42 PM
no no no, lay a sheet of MDF over the spare tire, then build ur box and place it on top of the sheet you lay'd down...hope that helped

Krayzie
02-15-2007, 02:52 AM
what are the dimensions of the trunk? width,height and length? Is it a hatchback? Are you just wanting to build a box in your spare tire compartment?
i want to build the box in the spare tire area and the space i have is about 32" in diameter and 8" deep. but i could raise the floor a bit if i need the clearance. heres a pic for you
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/Krayzie135/123.jpg

no no no, lay a sheet of MDF over the spare tire, then build ur box and place it on top of the sheet you lay'd down...hope that helped
there is already a piece of carpeted wood over the spare tire, its just lifted. i sort of wanted to save the trunk space because theres not much of it, thats why im thinking about putting the subs in the spare tire area with the subs firing up. heres a full pic of the trunk. sort of dirty but ohh well.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/Krayzie135/stuff010.jpg

icpurplepplalot
02-15-2007, 11:09 PM
you'll need someone to do a fiberglass job on that one most likely, the best thing though would be to just put a box in your trunk

Krayzie
02-16-2007, 04:55 PM
a box in the trunk would be the easy way out and i would be losing 1/2 my trunk space, cant have that. so, thats why im asking for help! i will either make the box myself or get it built, but most likely built. i want to do 2 12" subs but dont know what to get. im going towards the SQ side more than SPL so no Kickers.

Krayzie
02-17-2007, 01:42 AM
hope this helps some of you guys to help me...

subs- 2 12" Fi Q's
amp- Hifonics xx Hercules

and its 3.7 cu/ft of space, sealed box, subs firing up... is that good size or too big or small?