PDA

View Full Version : Got my Pioneer 7800 Installed!!!!!!!!!!

google123
02-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Ok, I got the 7800 about 3 days ago and went ahead and installed it myself. Everything was pretty straight-forward as far as cables. There is only one question I have right now. Below is a pic of some of the cables on the harnesses that I used. I only drew some of the cables to make things easier. Basically, the HU will not dim when I turn on my headlights. I connected the orange/white from the Pioneer Harness to the orange/white labeled "dimmer" on the Metra Harness. This did not make the HU dim. Then I used the orange marked "illumination" on the Metra to the Dimmer" off the Pioneer HU and still no dimming. I also made sure the dimming feature in the HU itself was turned on also. Not really a problem, I can deal with it I was just wondering if anyone else with this HU can dim their HU when they turn on their headlights. Thanks.

http://img15.imgspot.com/u/07/43/21/adapterpics1171419870.JPG

Everything else is working just fine, this is the only thing. Also got my KnuKonceptz 4ga Amp Installation kit today and I went ahead and ran my wires so I'll be ready to just drop my amp in once it gets here. Hells yeah. :D

Safe-N-Sound215
02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
It's not going to dim.

hondarider
02-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Mine dims. I remember when installing it i was debating which wire to use for this (the orange or orange/white) and it works now so i guess i got it right. I don't remember which one i used though.

MBrock4u
02-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I may not be able to help you on this matter, but I will say that is a nice deck. Hope you enjoy!

93 saturn sl2
02-13-2007, 09:08 PM
Mine didnt dim, it just turned the lights on and off with the headlights.

duckfart
02-13-2007, 09:10 PM
I don't like dimming. I set mines to the brightest setting.

Fixxer
02-13-2007, 09:11 PM
If its anything like the 7700MP was you have to set the level of dim in the setup.

hondarider
02-13-2007, 09:29 PM
If its anything like the 7700MP was you have to set the level of dim in the setup.

That could be. The first i did after i installed mine was scroll through that settings menu and make all the adjustments i wanted.

google123
02-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I read through the manual and it says the brightness setting will go from 0 to 31 which mine does but it also says on page 66 that "When dimmer is functioning, the brightness level can be adjusted from 0 to 21. Maybe I need to lower the brightness setting to between 0 and 21 so it will dim. I will try later. Thanks.

KaeZoo
02-13-2007, 10:42 PM
Yes, it should dim when you turn on the head lights, but there are a couple reasons it might not. If your vehicle has daytime running lights, then the illumination wires may have voltage on them whenever the key is on. In this case the head unit would just stay in dimmed mode all the time, and wouldn't change when you switch the lights on manually.

If you have a multimeter, you can test for voltage on the wires; the orange wire should show 12v+ whenever the lights are on, and the orange/white should show voltage that varies with your dashboard dimmer switch.

google123
02-14-2007, 01:21 AM
thanks for the tips. i tried setting the brightness to 20 and then when i turned on my lights there was no change. I do have daytime running lights on my truck and the headlights come on automatically when its dark enough so that may be throwing me off also. thanks again.