PDA

View Full Version : A/D/S/ 345cs?

pdtran
02-13-2007, 06:42 PM
I have a pair of these and on the website it says wattage is 20-100. Someone told me that that is split between the pair, so it's 50 watts per channel.

I bought an x200.4 for these thinking the extra headroom would be nice, but this is EXTRA EXTRA headroom...can anyone clarify on this?

pdtran
02-13-2007, 10:34 PM
no one uses these?

thefunkybunch
02-13-2007, 10:40 PM
you can never have too much power. the less your amp has to work, the more efficiently it'll run. the more efficient it runs, the cooler it runs, and the less distortion you'll have, and it snowballs from there. set it up properly, and know the thermal limitations of the drivers and you'll be perfectly fine. hell i ran a set of jl audio TR600csi's off a JL 300/2 for a long time and never had a single problem. it's all in the install, user habits(not driving them to the point of distortion and then keep turning it up even more) and the tuning.

i'd much rather have 500 watts per side on a set of 100 watt components, than 150 watts per side, though either is better than running those same components off an 80 watt amp :)

Macklessdaddy
02-13-2007, 10:43 PM
I have a pair of these and on the website it says wattage is 20-100. Someone told me that that is split between the pair, so it's 50 watts per channel.

I bought an x200.4 for these thinking the extra headroom would be nice, but this is EXTRA EXTRA headroom...can anyone clarify on this?

it is not split ,each side handles 100 rms

pdtran
02-13-2007, 10:49 PM
it is not split ,each side handles 100 rms

thanks, that's what i thought and was hoping for, but when i heard it was split i trippin a lil bit.

and to the extra headroom comment, that is very true, i guess i just got to set the gains correctly. i was only a little annoyed because i heard the x200.4 was a beast on the eletrical system and i wouldn't want to get an extra batt. or upgrade the alt. if i didn't absolutely have to.

since i won't be running the full 200 watts and only two channels on the amp, it won't be as bad right?

expo5.0
02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
only audiobahn "splits" the power like that