PDA

View Full Version : Dressing-up install kits

HondAudio
02-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Those Metra kits are a quick way to make a head unit fit, but the plastic is never a good match and sometimes there's gaps. Has anybody covered a kit in suede or velvet? I'd like to see :naughty:

Gianotti
02-13-2007, 05:54 PM
i havent did anything wih a dash kit, ( i install at CC ) but i have wrapped my pilars and map light in my truck with a black denum (sp) fabric and it turnned out pretty good, try and post some pix up for us, its a good idea to try

saywhat?
02-13-2007, 05:57 PM
figures they hire retards at circuit city............or illegal foreigners.

those are my two guesses because the terrible grammar you have.

saj21187
02-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Those Metra kits are a quick way to make a head unit fit, but the plastic is never a good match and sometimes there's gaps. Has anybody covered a kit in suede or velvet? I'd like to see :naughty:

I would think it would be pretty difficult to actually wrap a dash kit in some sort of material just because if the thickness of the suede or velvet. The only way i could see it working would be if you used suede flock. You could always make your own kit/mounting bracket to give it a custom/unique look.

vpkb1998
02-15-2007, 07:53 PM
i use sem paint, works perfectly

PatFitz9
02-15-2007, 08:46 PM
you can easily wrap a dash kit. just make sure you have a sharp blade. and yeah, sometimes you have to modify them. i had to shave off a small amount because my HU would rub on the sides.

HondAudio
02-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Heh, in my old car I had a pocket that I got from a Prelude, and I used a piece of black plastic to mount the EQ in the center of it. I remember cutting out the plastic by hand with a small jigsaw blade. I was wearing a lot of bandaids for a week or so :crap: