PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Speaker Placement

chibahawk
02-12-2007, 11:43 PM
Ok I've got some SLC265 Kicks on the way but I don't want to install these speakers the same way I did my first set of components (CDT CL-61A).

I had the CDTs fiberglassed into my doors. The woofer was okay where it was I guess, firing at my ankles, but the tweeters I didn't like. They were low and pointing towards the passenger opposite the tweeter. The problem was when people were in the car the front stage got a lot quieter.

What I really want to know is if there is any certain way Rainbows should be placed. I do plan on moving the tweet all around the place and think either the A-pillar or just a higher spot on my doors would be good.

What seems to be a good idea for these speakers? I know in the end it's really just personal preference but there's no reason for me not to get some input here. Thx

mokedaddy
02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
As long as you have the room you cant go wrong with putting the mids in the kicks. And if you are running passive you may want to try the tweeters down there as well.

chibahawk
02-13-2007, 04:00 PM
yea but see doesnt anyone feel that if your running the tweeters next to the floor it gets blocked out when you have someone sitting shotgun?

jacka
02-13-2007, 04:02 PM
mine still sounds fine, they are in the door but pretty low down there. we can tell you whatever but your best bet is still to use tape and try different spots like you said.

chibahawk
02-13-2007, 04:05 PM
yea in any case i just got the beasts today cant wait to start toyin with em =D

3.5Max6spd
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
yea but see doesnt anyone feel that if your running the tweeters next to the floor it gets blocked out when you have someone sitting shotgun?

Tell'm to slide their seat back;)