PDA

View Full Version : 18in Fi BL Box Help

Grim
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Alright, I have built many boxes before. And I know for the most part what Im doing. However, i usually have plans in front of me. This time I do not. And I dont know what to do.

Its going in the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Although space is bountiful, I need to save some for luggage. I travel ALOT, and could use room for at least a couple duffel bags...

I don't want to go taller than 15in as I like to be able to pull the tonnaue cover over the cargo area when parked..

I can go 42in Wide...and then Id like to keep it 15-20 in deep.

I would like to do Port up Sub Up.

I am unsure On tuning as well. i was going to go 35hz As i hear thats the middle of the road. But what would you recommend. I like deep loud bass...

Its 5 Cubes ok? Or do I have to go bigger?

Also, the way the back end is designed, it leaves alot of available space thats unusable in its current design.

For example the back seat is angled back, so Im loosing space there...and the Wheel wells, although very small in the cargo area, make it so I cant lay down a box wider than 42in...
However, If i Were to fiberglass over the wheel well, I could add what I think would be quite a bit of space...The extra space would be around 11in x 17 x 6in..on each side just for the wheel wells...

So any advice would be great...im not looking for a box design..(although that would be nice). I just need some advice. I searched and didnt find quite what I needed. Although there was lots of info

Just a little help on what im dealing with...

http://wjjeeps.com/interior/cargo_area_dimen.jpg

Grim
02-13-2007, 04:27 PM
No body has advice?

MassOccur
02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
My box is 7 cubes net, but I'll only be running 2500-3000 watts. Smaller boxes like 5 cubes are better for more substancial power such as meade's setup. The bigger the box, the less power capable the sub is. 5 cubes will work, but add another cube if possible.

Grim
02-13-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks alot man, any advice on the box itself?

Also iv been thinking, Since theres alot more room in the back of the cargo area, I might build the box to fit there, that way when I fold the seats down Ill actually have room, instead of the sub box splitting it up in the middle...

Grim
02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Im going to get the wood this weekend...anything else I should know before I start