PDA

View Full Version : disable alarm techniques?--For theft pre-vention ideas

bigt
02-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Im going to be getting an alarm (VIPER) and I was hoping someone would know about the ways alarms are disabled. What are some techniques? Also How do you all prevent this from happening. And if the signal is sent and it gets disabled will the pager still go off?

I know this is alot of questions, sorry...Thank-you in advance

konechiwa
02-12-2007, 03:27 PM
they can:

cut the battery (get a backup battery)
cut the siren output wire (get another siren? i'm not too sure about this one)
kill the brain (hide it)
steal your stuff quick so that nobody even notices/cares (move to another city)

Chevyaudio
02-12-2007, 03:30 PM
definatly a back up battery...

If I were to break in a car...I would bust out the glass on the drivers side, pop the hood and cut the ground cable to the battery...

You could probably do that (with 2 people) in less than 5 seconds.

azbass
02-12-2007, 04:27 PM
talking about breaking in to cars on here probably is not a good idea.

but the thing to watch out the most is the starter wire, 12v, ign, etc. these wires need to be protected the most. id rather have some stuff taken out of the car, then to have it be driven away.

Chevyaudio
02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Usually a really good car theft prevention, and to expand upon what azbass said. about protecting wires.

After I install an alarm or while im installing, I either wrap all the wires in electrical tape or heat shrink them...That way if you do end up putting the brain under the dash a theif cant see wire colors and start cutting power wires.

A good alarm will be fully integrated into your car. Multiple sirens, battery backup, Trunk, hood, door pins, proximity sensors can be nice, brain in a very conspicuous place, like under a seat, or deep inside the dash, and a good shock sensor.

bigt
02-12-2007, 07:35 PM
ok thank you all

ngsm13
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Usually a really good car theft prevention, and to expand upon what azbass said. about protecting wires.

After I install an alarm or while im installing, I either wrap all the wires in electrical tape or heat shrink them...That way if you do end up putting the brain under the dash a theif cant see wire colors and start cutting power wires.

A good alarm will be fully integrated into your car. Multiple sirens, battery backup, Trunk, hood, door pins, proximity sensors can be nice, brain in a very conspicuous place, like under a seat, or deep inside the dash, and a good shock sensor.

I e-tape ALL the wires when I bench prep the unit... (each grouped appropriately based on vehicle)... and only leave a few inches of color visible.

Then, after completed... I e-tape the hell out of it.

It's always a good idea to put the brain in a out of the way place, that is harder to get to, but still able to if service is ever needed.

nG

RFCV
02-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Cut the siren output wire (get another siren? I'm not too sure about this one).

Back-up battery siren.

RFCV
02-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Brain in a very inconspicuous place

Fixed. ;)

dvrmstrng
02-17-2007, 12:22 AM
if you have all the above mentioned as well as a 2 way pager and a handgun...youll be more than safe

supa_c
02-17-2007, 12:25 AM
Or you get a trunk monkey
www.trunkmonkey.com

ravendarat
02-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Trunk Monkey FTW. But seriously most theives wont even bother with a car after the alarm starts going off. If you hide the brain and have a battery back up for the brain and a battery back up siren you should be fine. Prox sensors can be good but can be annoying as well depending on where you park. Paging is nice as well.