PDA

View Full Version : Crystal SSCS6's or CDT HD-62's

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 12:48 AM
both brand new, can get the Crystals for 75 less then the CDT's. Will be powering either set with power acoustik ts960 bridged @ 250x2 @ 4 ohms. Probably doesnt give that much power, but im sure its in the 200 w neighborhood. Which set would you choose and why.

Amp
Brand: Power Acoustik
Condition: New
RMS Power Output: 100 Watts X 4 Channels
Birdged Output: 250 Watts X 2 Channels
Bass Boost: 0-18 dB
Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
Low Level Input: No
Built in Cooling Fan: No
Bass Control Knob: No
Synchronized Lightning Pulse Dish
PWM MOSFET Power Supply
Diamond Cut Heatsink
High or Low Level Inputs
Variable 40-250 Hz Low-Pass Crossover
Variable 40-250 Hz High-Pass Crossover
Variable 60-200 Hz Subsonic Filter
Variable 18 dB Bass Boost at 40 Hz
Tri-Mode Capable
2-Ohm Stereo / 4-Ohm Mono Stable
3-Way Protection Circuit
Platinum-Plated RCA Terminals
4 Gauge Power and Ground Connections
RCA Line Level Outputs
Amplifier Type: Multi-Channel
RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 100W x 4
THD at 4-Ohm RMS Power: 0.02 %
Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 250W x 2
Speaker Level Inputs: Yes
Preamp Outputs: Yes
Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
Bass Boost: 0 - 18 dB
Frequency Response: 10-30,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: 98 dB

WhoSayWho?
02-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Can you give us more info on the amp?

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Can you give us more info on the amp?

Power Acoustik is the leading manufacturer of audio products, producing the finest car stereo decks, amplifiers, equalizers, crossovers, speakers, woofers and component systems that money can buy. Power Acoustik products offer more than just stunning good looks. They offer finest leading technology and science that you need to build the best ground-pounding system with unparalleled clarity and vibrancy, each crafted with the quality and workmanship that you've come to expect from Power Acoustik. PRODUCT FEATURES: Synchronized Lightning Pulse Dish; Full Mosfet Power Supply; PWM Circuitry; Full Selectable Crossover Hi/Full/Low; Three Way Protection Circuit; Tri-Mode Capable; System Distress Indicator; 4 Guage Power/Ground Connection; Diamond Cut Heat Sink; Platinum Plated RCA Connectors; Line Output; High/Low Level Inputs with Floating Ground.

Power Acoustik has been a preferred brand for 24 years and counting! Few manufacturers can match our aftermarket market expertise. The key to our success is to design and engineer products that meet the needs of the consumers in the United States and all over the world!
Many manufacturers attempt to build products that will appeal to the worldwide market place to cut costs by building only one platform, we believe the trade offs are far to high to consider. We would rather design products to fit the needs of each country rather than a single platform that falls short of your expectations.

Look at the audio products we sell today versus those from five years ago, we chose then to offer high cosmetic content as well as audio performance. Today the customer is asking for more moderate priced goods with even
higher performance standards, but that can be easily stealth mounted out of sight. Your focus has changed to car entertainment systems with video central theme, however the system has to give you the bone rattling theater
experience you would get at the movies. We are one of the only reasonably priced total solution companies you can turn to with confidence noting our past performance and reputation for quality.
We are driven by one guiding set of principals: Quality, innovation, engineering, performance, ergonomics, and value will always bring you back to us as the brand of choice!

If you need more info, let me know

dleccord
02-12-2007, 01:04 AM
haha.

WhoSayWho?
02-12-2007, 01:07 AM
No really, I may have the Crystal models confused, but $75 difference sounds like you are either getting a good price on the HD's are a bad price on the Crystals. What are the actual prices? Are you talking new?

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 01:11 AM
No really, I may have the Crystal models confused, but $75 difference sounds like you are either getting a good price on the HD's are a bad price on the Crystals. What are the actual prices? Are you talking new?

around 240 for the CDT's and around 160 for the crystals. Both new

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 01:12 AM
edit

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 01:13 AM
haha.

is that md2d you are selling in working order??

WhoSayWho?
02-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Well, if it was me, I would go with the HD's. I have ran a set of the CDT EF's and I have been pleased with them, especially for the price. I have ran them about 18 months without any problems at all. I like the sound -- not harsh with no distortion that I have noticed.

And from what I have read the HD's are much better than the EF's.

WhoSayWho?
02-12-2007, 01:17 AM
BTW, where can you get the HD's at that price?

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 01:22 AM
BTW, where can you get the HD's at that price?

if i dont buy them, i'll let you know. pm me around noon tomorrow

WhoSayWho?
02-12-2007, 01:23 AM
if i dont buy them, i'll let you know. pm me around noon tomorrow

In that case, go with the Crystals, you can't go wrong.

j/k

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 01:28 AM
In that case, go with the Crystals, you can't go wrong.

j/k

No prob, im leaning towards them anyway. I just dont see a difference in the two sets but i'll look more tomorrow.

Fixxer
02-12-2007, 02:22 AM
The HD-62 is a great set... Unless you need to save some cash I think you will love the sound.

mysilver02alty
02-12-2007, 06:15 PM
any other opinions