PDA

View Full Version : Almost Done WOOT!

Alpine CDA-9815
02-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Well everything is pretty much done. Cam swap is complete though it still needs a new dyno tune for the new cam... but actaully it runs pretty **** good on the old cam tune. All the wiring is done and hoses are ran for the nitrous. I'm just waiting on the bottle opener to finish up the nitrous. If it does not come in this week I'll just hook it up without it and install it when I get it. I was just hoping to get it all done at once. Pretty clean install IMO.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/229821491.jpg
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/229821507.jpg
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/229821601.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/229825066.jpg
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/229825094.jpg
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL440/1612587/8765763/229825077.jpg

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8765763&uid=1612587&members=1

phyphoestilic
02-11-2007, 09:12 PM
always loved ur car, very clean.

jeeper07
02-11-2007, 09:14 PM
is that an automatic?!! if so what a waste of a beautiful car

stuckinok
02-11-2007, 09:16 PM
**** car bro

audiobahnuser18
02-11-2007, 09:23 PM
very nice clean ride man very nice.

mrray13
02-11-2007, 09:34 PM
a friend of mine has the same color gto, and his is sprayed too. only he's got a dry system, and he's waiting on his bottle opener as well, lol. he's also got the same switch setup. the bottle warmer and purge made a huge difference.

he's not cammed though. cold air, spray, programmer and cat back. his is also the 6spd manual. on spray, he's dyno'd 458rwhp. but we are thinking the dyno was off. they have since recalibrated it, but he has yet to run.

his is an 04.

nice looking car though! did you know there is room for 8's in you b pillars? that's where we put his, lol.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :peace:

Alpine CDA-9815
02-11-2007, 09:35 PM
always loved ur car, very clean.
Thank you sir :)

I love people like you. You do understand as far as the drag strip goes it's auto>manual right? This car is my DD, I don't want to deal with shifting all the time.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-11-2007, 09:40 PM
a friend of mine has the same color gto, and his is sprayed too. only he's got a dry system, and he's waiting on his bottle opener as well, lol. he's also got the same switch setup. the bottle warmer and purge made a huge difference.

he's not cammed though. cold air, spray, programmer and cat back. his is also the 6spd manual. on spray, he's dyno'd 458rwhp. but we are thinking the dyno was off. they have since recalibrated it, but he has yet to run.

his is an 04.

nice looking car though! did you know there is room for 8's in you b pillars? that's where we put his, lol.
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :peace:
Thanks.

For a 04 those Dyno #'s seem to be right on the money. Stock they put down around 285-300 to the wheels. CAI, programmer and catback he is looking to gain around 30-35 at the wheels. Then say he is doing a 100 dry shot which would get him about right where he dynoed at.

Yep I plan do do some 8's there later on. I'll probably just glass them in so I can get some deeper 8's to mount in there. I do not plan on going big with a system in the car... just some ID 8's and like some BA Z6's in the front doors. This is a go fast car befor having a nice stereo lol.

duece212
02-11-2007, 09:45 PM

Nitrous + 6 speed + clutch time = slow and nitrous complications between shifts

Nitrous + automatic + instant shifts = fast

Manual is much more fun for road racing...for drag racing though automatic is where its at for sure.

jeeper07
02-11-2007, 09:47 PM

I love people like you. You do understand as far as the drag strip goes it's auto>manual right? This car is my DD, I don't want to deal with shifting all the time.

people like me? i just love old school muscle, but have to have it in stick for dd. i could care less about drag strip. just a personal preference. SICK car looks great

Alpine CDA-9815
02-11-2007, 10:12 PM
people like me? i just love old school muscle, but have to have it in stick for dd. i could care less about drag strip. just a personal preference. SICK car looks great
I'm talking about all the people that come up to me and say "Is that a manual? No... why not? What a waste." It gets old after awhile. There is nothing wrong with an auto, I just don't like driving a stick.

mrray13
02-11-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks.

For a 04 those Dyno #'s seem to be right on the money. Stock they put down around 285-300 to the wheels. CAI, programmer and catback he is looking to gain around 30-35 at the wheels. Then say he is doing a 100 dry shot which would get him about right where he dynoed at.

Yep I plan do do some 8's there later on. I'll probably just glass them in so I can get some deeper 8's to mount in there. I do not plan on going big with a system in the car... just some ID 8's and like some BA Z6's in the front doors. This is a go fast car befor having a nice stereo lol.

yeah, the numbers add up, but it sure doesn't pull that hard. my bro in law's 88 mustang w/ 306 (all forged internals, cammed and programmed) and 100shot (dynod 305rwhp without spray) and a hatch full of lead (hatch weighs in about 125pds, no ****!!) and it pulls twice as hard. byt he seat of the pants feel. they have yet to run. teh mustang keeps breaking, lmao!!

we did a big belle, memphis sq 6.5 front door and rear deck with mclass 8's in the pillars. it's pretty awesome.

auto>stick anymore. not only with the quicker shifts, but with the lower first gear that the auto allows you to have. i like driving a stick to have fun with, but if i wasdrag racing hardcore, only an auto would be in the car.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeee :peace:

dkmesa
02-11-2007, 10:20 PM

Automatics ****. And FYI, automatics are only better for drag racing for people who can't lauch/ shift. Either you are really dumb or you just have a poor excuse for buying an automatic...stick with the daily driver story

xterra_on_22s
02-11-2007, 10:42 PM
sweet ride man

Wkbdkid
02-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Nice lookin car.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Automatics ****. And FYI, automatics are only better for drag racing for people who can't lauch/ shift. Either you are really dumb or you just have a poor excuse for buying an automatic...stick with the daily driver story
If you say so...

Iroc313
02-12-2007, 12:51 AM
FYI douchenozzle...you obviously dont have a car that can catch his...so stop talking ****....

quakerroatmeal
02-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Heh don't let them get to you. There are some ridiculous times people are doing with automatic cars. Nice car.

lookitsjim23
02-12-2007, 01:04 AM
wow..nice car man

Speedyd718
02-12-2007, 02:01 AM
man that gto is bad

crunktimes.com
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
nicest gto i have seen to date! congrats

CBFryman2
02-12-2007, 03:09 PM

You do understand that the ability to push a pedal isnt something to be pround of?

I will NEVER run a wet system. Actually I will never run nitrous.

The car looks good.

Chevyaudio
02-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Nice car...

Looks great, but I too enjoy the feeling of driving a manual tranny.

But overall your car is pretty sick man.

mrray13
02-12-2007, 05:53 PM
You do understand that the ability to push a pedal isnt something to be pround of?

I will NEVER run a wet system. Actually I will never run nitrous.

The car looks good.

You do understand being able to spell the word proud correctly is something to be proud of?

and a wet system is generally safer.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee :peace:

Alpine CDA-9815
02-12-2007, 07:34 PM
If it was just as easy as pushing a pedal you would see a lot more people with a lot better time slips IMO.

Also there is nothing wrong with nitrous as long as you tune safely for it.

odie3283
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM

I joined this site just so I could call you a weiner...

Weiner...:rolleyes:

what are you, 18???

You know nothing about cars, so stop acting like you do...Go ride around in your Power Wheels now, and leave the serious discussion to the grown ups :)

duece212
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
If it was just as easy as pushing a pedal you would see a lot more people with a lot better time slips IMO.

Also there is nothing wrong with nitrous as long as you tune safely for it.

There is a reason why alot of people start with manuals, then get serious into dragracing and pull the manual and slap in an automatic.

And nitrous is hella-fun and safe when done right. Some people are dumb, and they become horror stories because they don't know what they are doing.

It just must not be the fast and furious way to have an automatic...how dare you go against that :uhoh:

steveyblack
02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
get it super charged, i saw a vid and he spun 1-3...lol...lots of power

Silver
02-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I <3 U.....

TT or blower next :)

Lckmyblls
02-12-2007, 09:54 PM
nice ride man...

Alpine CDA-9815
02-13-2007, 02:19 AM
get it super charged, i saw a vid and he spun 1-3...lol...lots of power
I thought about that and for now I'm staying NA/nitrous. I was going to do a Procharger but was unhappy with their torque. Then I almost went with a custom single turbo set up but that was just more that I wanted to spend ATM.

Next will be a new tranny, then some aftermarket heads and then more fuel/juice.

then00b
02-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Sick car...I like how you took the spoiler off the back; makes the car look a lot different.

azbass
02-15-2007, 07:38 PM
meh, all i have to say is,

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/jtpolo23/dangertomanifold.gif

lol. rad car meng, good works.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-15-2007, 09:17 PM
meh, all i have to say is,

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e93/jtpolo23/dangertomanifold.gif

lol. rad car meng, good works.
Haha... nah it'll be fine there.

I'm in works of trying to get my bud to sell me his built trans since he is demodding his car which is rated for 750BHP/TQ. He is asking $1200 for it then the shop that built it is willing to refesh it for a few hundred which my bud is willing to pay half of that. So for like $1300 I can get a good built tranny and have mine to sell... I hope he sells it to me and not some other weiner cuz it will be needed.

Then all that is needed is for me to finish up my cheap spare wheel/stock GTO tire drag set up. I'll have them painted and I found some DOT skinnies to fit on the fronts and then get some MT ET Streets for the rear.

BTW still waiting on the fricken bottle opener... I don't think I got time to get the nitrous working and the car tuned this week. The opener is for sure suppose to be here next week, I plan to have everything hooked up and tuned befor it gets here. I want the juice hooked up befor the tune so I can get some #'s on it.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Well I bought the built trans from my bud. We will probably take it out Wed-Thurs and then we are taking it in to the shop that built it to be taken apart, looked at and they will replace anything that is needs to be replaced. Even though it does run great it'll help out my peace of mind on buying it.

So this will push back finishing up the nitrous for the reason I do not want to spray on my stock tranny. I'm already pushing over 400 to the wheels NA and I'm sure the stocker would be fine on a 150-175 shot but I would rather not take that chance. Plus I am going to sell my stocker and would rather sell it unsprayed.

RedlineAccord
02-27-2007, 03:24 AM

Get a stall converter (although that'd kill gas milage) and laugh at everyone who yells at you for the automatic. Yea, manual is more fun, but have you ever gotten a ride in a camaro/trans am with a stall converter? My buddy's early 90's camaro Z28 with a few light bolt ons and a 3200 stall converter took me for a ride and it was pretty crazy. Light touch of the gas and he was at 3200 rpm. He punched it going 40 mph and we fishtailed/burnt out down the road leaving nothing but smoke and lines behind us. lol

PS - I love the GTO. Wish I could get a ride in that thing. My dad and I were seriously considering one when they came out. I've test driven the 04 AND 05's in automatic and stick and they're all really quick. I'd like an 04 for a nice sleeper car. :cool:

Alpine CDA-9815
02-27-2007, 07:32 PM
The car has had a Yank SS 3600 on it since 1600 miles :)

GTO's are good sleepers, though most do not like the bland styling. To each their own I say. It's a very comfortable car which is why I bought it. I had a Camaro befor this and the seats in it hurt my back, etc. on long trips which I could not take anymore.

Well the car will not be done as I had planned this week yet again. My bud has not got the tranny out and rebuilt yet. Though I was just going to finish up the nitrous and get the car tuned though I can't even do that, no tune means no running the nitrous on the car. My bud never put me on my tuners schedual this week. I will just go ahead and contact him myself to see what he can do. If I can't get in next week I'll probably just take the nitrous out and sell it seeing as how it's been 2 months since I have started this and I'm just getting tired of waiting to get it done and it's starting to lose it's interest to me.

negativezeroz
02-27-2007, 08:20 PM
I love the car man but nitrous is so gay.

Beat people the real way without *cheating.* Yes, I do realize you can molest my little FG2 but yet again doesn't matter (stock vs stock).

Iroc313
02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
keep talking......its rather entertaining to be reminded that there are still stupid people on earth..

irish350
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
hm... kinda cool... but i heard GTOs were slow

odie3283
02-27-2007, 11:34 PM

Beat people the real way without *cheating.* Yes, I do realize you can molest my little FG2 but yet again doesn't matter (stock vs stock).

Why don't you go play with your little Barbie doll plastic POS...

This is a discussion of performance...

If we start to talk about interior, reliability, or gas mileage, we'll be sure to let you know...:rolleyes:

Now go sprinkle some more rice on your car...:p:

irish350
02-27-2007, 11:36 PM
dont mind him.. his social skills arent great, cause hes surrounded by nothing but desert for at least a hundred miles...

Alpine CDA-9815
02-27-2007, 11:39 PM

Nitrous is cheating how? Power is power, don't be jealous.

irish350
02-27-2007, 11:48 PM
yeah... i plan on running nitrous as well, once i get some more bolt ons/ support mods out of the way (not to mention appearance stuff)

B_Campbell
02-28-2007, 01:16 AM

You don't know what the **** your talking about.

galacticmonkey
02-28-2007, 01:28 AM
That GTO looks great. The rims and taking off the wing really set it off. The color is pretty dang nice too.

My friend has an 05 GTO with the 6.0 and a 6spd. Hes got intake, full exhaust, chip, gears, pulleys, and some nos... And i think some other stuff. Idk... Id just expect it to be a whole lot faster than it is.

Idk, im not into performance... If it cant do a hair trick, it really doesnt interest me much. But thats a sweet ride nonetheless. :yumyum:

negativezeroz
02-28-2007, 10:22 AM
NOS is cheating because it adds power on the push of a button. Your motor doesn't naturally drive that power. So in a sense, it's cheating. But yes, I'd drive your car all day everyday.

Alpine CDA-9815
02-28-2007, 01:19 PM
NOS is cheating because it adds power on the push of a button. Your motor doesn't naturally drive that power. So in a sense, it's cheating. But yes, I'd drive your car all day everyday.
Push of a button or not, power is power. If it was cheating they would not have pro nitrous drag classes.

I did it cuz I did not want to go with FI, I wanted to stay NA. Though at the same time NA I am limited, therefor I added nitrous. Even still NA my car is nothing to laugh at...

negativezeroz
02-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Who said I was laughing at your car?

Alpine CDA-9815
02-28-2007, 07:17 PM
Who said I was laughing at your car?
I guess I took what you said the wrong way.

mr_imperial
02-28-2007, 07:47 PM
**** thats is a nice gto man. ive got a 69 chevy truck with a 350, turbo 350 AUTO trans lol and im planning on adding a 125 shot of nitrous. once again love the gto and i agree nitrous is no where near being considered "cheating"

Lunchbocks
02-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Its a rather nice GTO you got there.

And honestly, its the abundance of ignorance on this site which generally holds back most of my replies. Most of the time, I just don't feel like arguing points that any competant car guy would know. Whether its the guy complaining about autos, the one that says nitrous is cheating, etc, etc, its all just proof that certain people should never be allowed to modify a vehicle.

RedlineAccord
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM
What the..?? Nitrous = cheating? Are you retarded man? I'm a little late on bashing him, but he knows absolutely nothing about performance does he? It is just another big power adder. Are you gonna say turbocharging or supercharging a car that doesnt come that way stock is cheating too? Jesus...

And for any import haters... my buddy in my club (hence the sig banner lol) just got his Honda S2000 back from the shop. Turbo kit was just installed. Approx. 360 RWHP and 230 torque at 10 psi. This summer all he is adding is a head gasket and boost controller and upping the boost to approx 16-18 psi and it'll be around 500 hp and 300 torque :) Beastly little 4 cylinder... now he just needs some drag radials to even MOVE. lol we already installed a competition clutch and reinforced diff with new gears in it.

QtrHorse
02-28-2007, 09:09 PM

Any really fast drag car is going to be an auto for reliability. Sticks are fun to drive but one bad missed shift and you could bend valves, crack your crank or break rods. Having a turbo and a stick equals lost boost between shifts. If your a road racer, your going to want a stick.

QtrHorse
02-28-2007, 09:16 PM
He's saying nitrous is cheating because he obviously has love for old school all motor muscle like a lot of people. There was nothing more pleasing than beating someone who had nitrous w/ my all motor car. Especially when the car popped and sputtered because he did not tune it correctly for nitrous. Would I use nitrous today, yes but I prefer not to. I did not see where he was bashing or laughing at his car.

Nice looking car by the way. You did a great job on the clean looking motor.

negativezeroz
02-28-2007, 11:02 PM
What the..?? Nitrous = cheating? Are you retarded man? I'm a little late on bashing him, but he knows absolutely nothing about performance does he? It is just another big power adder. Are you gonna say turbocharging or supercharging a car that doesnt come that way stock is cheating too? Jesus...

And for any import haters... my buddy in my club (hence the sig banner lol) just got his Honda S2000 back from the shop. Turbo kit was just installed. Approx. 360 RWHP and 230 torque at 10 psi. This summer all he is adding is a head gasket and boost controller and upping the boost to approx 16-18 psi and it'll be around 500 hp and 300 torque :) Beastly little 4 cylinder... now he just needs some drag radials to even MOVE. lol we already installed a competition clutch and reinforced diff with new gears in it.

Uh there is a HUGE difference between going FI and adding NOS. Oh and apparently, I'm "retarded" because I have an opinion. Then that makes everyone retarded, now doesn't it?

FI isn't cheating. It is REAL power. NOS is cheating because it temporarily adds power. Stock my car is around ~180whp, with 50shot it makes around 232whp. Do I give a **** that it makes more power? No. I'll race him any day. Don't care.

Nos is gay. By the time someone spends money for the system and gets the bottles filled, EASILY could have gotten REAL mods; ECU reflash, nice catback, coilovers, bits and pieces of a turbo/sc kit

Besides, who doesn't love beating cars with NOS when they are just NA?

B_Campbell
02-28-2007, 11:53 PM

Wrong, this is not some ****ing video game, you don't just plug nitrous in to the car and hit "go".

Any type of forced induction should be considered cheating then right, you just adding more air into the engine with the help of an extra non stock machine.

You ricers are nuts.

B_Campbell
02-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Nos is gay. By the time someone spends money for the system and gets the bottles filled, EASILY could have gotten REAL mods; nice catback, coiloversspoken like a true ricer

By the way, I think he has the exhaust already done, by uuuhhh I don't know, the look of the headers under the hood.... Ehh maybe? Coil overs? Why the stance he has now is *****in.

Besides, who doesn't love beating cars with NOS when they are just NA?
I would love to see your honda all motor beat his goat on the juice, hell even off the juice.

Alpine CDA-9815
03-01-2007, 01:56 AM
FYI the all the car needs is heads and an aftermarket/ported TB. It pretty much has everything else for NA.

Mod list is...

Motor/Exhaust- Custom Cam | Comp 921 spring kit | Comp hardened pushrods | Stainless Works LT's custom coated | deleted cats | Magnaflow catback | Volant CAI | FAST LSX intake manifold | Meziere electric water pump | 180 t-stat

Nitrous- Nos LS2 plate kit | NOS window switch | TNT Purge system | NX bottle heater | NOS bottle opener | SCSS custom pod/guages

Suspension- Pedders front/rear springs | Hotchkis adjustable swaybars | Pedders front radius rod bushings | Noltec rear x-memeber bushings | Noltec rear diff insert | BMR drag bags (pretty much everything major but struts/shocks)

Drivetrain- Yank SS 3600 | B&M trans cooler | TransGo shift kit | New trans is on it's way

Misc- LPE fuel pump | NGK TR6's | Dyno/Street tune

That's what I can remember ATM.

Thanks for all the nice comments, I've worked my *** off for this car these last 3 years.

negativezeroz
03-01-2007, 10:42 AM
spoken like a true ricer

By the way, I think he has the exhaust already done, by uuuhhh I don't know, the look of the headers under the hood.... Ehh maybe? Coil overs? Why the stance he has now is *****in.

I would love to see your honda all motor beat his goat on the juice, hell even off the juice.

Oh yes, I am a ricer with a completely stock Si. Yes, you are the know-it-all.

Here is my car. Tell me how it is rice.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2759628&postcount=2236
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2752563&postcount=2227
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2746486&postcount=2205

Now I will sit and wait for you to bash my completely stock car.

Oh and I don't know but maybe, just maybe the fact that I have a K20Z3 and you are comparing it to his LS1.

197hp vs 400hp
132ft-lb vs 400ft-lb

I already have stated he can rape me, I never once bashed his GTO. All you have done have is bash me for not bashing someone who you thought I was bashing? :confused:

Alpine CDA-9815
03-01-2007, 06:47 PM

Oh and I don't know but maybe, just maybe the fact that I have a K20Z3 and you are comparing it to his LS1.

197hp vs 400hp
132ft-lb vs 400ft-lb

I already have stated he can rape me, I never once bashed his GTO. All you have done have is bash me for not bashing someone who you thought I was bashing? :confused:
Car looks fine to me, I would like one for a DD... but I can not afford two cars.

Oh and my GTO has the LS2... :p:

B_Campbell
03-01-2007, 09:24 PM

197hp vs 400hp
132ft-lb vs 400ft-lb

I am not going to bash your car, quit being so emo, I would just like to know how you think you know what it feels like smoking a N20 car with a NA car? Your car is not a riced, but your mentality is. Thinking that NOS is not a true mod, and coilovers and a cat-back are.

dvrmstrng
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
it pains me to see that car and that engine with a auto....but god dam i love that car...im trying to get in one when my lease is over

B_Campbell
03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Y all the auto hate?

I love my built 4L60E =P

http://www.phoenixtrans.com/

Alpine CDA-9815
03-02-2007, 02:04 AM
Y all the auto hate?
It's just something we will have to get use to...

Eugenics
03-02-2007, 03:17 AM
The car has had a Yank SS 3600 on it since 1600 miles :)

GTO's are good sleepers, though most do not like the bland styling. To each their own I say. It's a very comfortable car which is why I bought it. I had a Camaro befor this and the seats in it hurt my back, etc. on long trips which I could not take anymore.

Well the car will not be done as I had planned this week yet again. My bud has not got the tranny out and rebuilt yet. Though I was just going to finish up the nitrous and get the car tuned though I can't even do that, no tune means no running the nitrous on the car. My bud never put me on my tuners schedual this week. I will just go ahead and contact him myself to see what he can do. If I can't get in next week I'll probably just take the nitrous out and sell it seeing as how it's been 2 months since I have started this and I'm just getting tired of waiting to get it done and it's starting to lose it's interest to me.

While i personally am not into n02, and driving an auto i can respect it (especially from having to be in traffic jams) for the engineering and tuning skill it takes as well as the dedication to a goal.

But the GTO's, oh my god. some of my favorite cars. In my opinion they represent the first time GM has got it right (besides the vette) in generations. It's a shame they chose to wait until the end of the monaro's product cycle to unleash it on our market but none the less. A phenomenal car for a price you'd have to be stupid to refuse.

The G8 is coming out soon, i had tought about purchasing one of the new maro's when it came out but i'm thinking the G8 will be more my speed. specially with a holden front end (and possibly interior if GM decides to go with the ugly pontiac theme).

fap fap fap fap

negativezeroz
03-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Car looks fine to me, I would like one for a DD... but I can not afford two cars.

Oh and my GTO has the LS2... :p:

lol yeah I had the right specs just wrong number :blackeye:

TylerBD12
03-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Dude every time i see your GTO i've gotta go change my pants. its BAD!

I was so close to buying one a few months ago, but i didnt like the fact that the gas tank was between the trunk and the seats.

Good job bro

Alpine CDA-9815
03-02-2007, 06:59 PM
While i personally am not into n02, and driving an auto i can respect it (especially from having to be in traffic jams) for the engineering and tuning skill it takes as well as the dedication to a goal.

But the GTO's, oh my god. some of my favorite cars. In my opinion they represent the first time GM has got it right (besides the vette) in generations. It's a shame they chose to wait until the end of the monaro's product cycle to unleash it on our market but none the less. A phenomenal car for a price you'd have to be stupid to refuse.

The G8 is coming out soon, i had tought about purchasing one of the new maro's when it came out but i'm thinking the G8 will be more my speed. specially with a holden front end (and possibly interior if GM decides to go with the ugly pontiac theme).

fap fap fap fap
I have never liked nitrous and said I would not put it on any of my vehicles. Though after looking more into FI set ups and even getting some very good offers on them (at cost) I decided to stay with a NA set up. For the reason being the FI GTO's do not seem to be doing so great in the 1/4. I was just going to add some ETP 225 heads and call it a day, though I got talked into nitrous instead. My goal is to have a 10 second DD and the nitrous just seemed to be the best way to achieve my goal IMO.

The Monaro was actually already done being made, but since GM is Holden's father company so to say they were able to get a 3 year run on them to sell in the US. :)

It's good to see another Holden car come to the US. I just hope Pontiac does not mess it up and put some ugly front/rear bumpers like the did on the GTO. Either way it should be one nice car.

It's good to see that some people actually know about the car, it gets old being asked "is that the new G6" or some other BS at the gas station lol.

Eugenics
03-02-2007, 08:14 PM
I have never liked nitrous and said I would not put it on any of my vehicles. Though after looking more into FI set ups and even getting some very good offers on them (at cost) I decided to stay with a NA set up. For the reason being the FI GTO's do not seem to be doing so great in the 1/4. I was just going to add some ETP 225 heads and call it a day, though I got talked into nitrous instead. My goal is to have a 10 second DD and the nitrous just seemed to be the best way to achieve my goal IMO.

The Monaro was actually already done being made, but since GM is Holden's father company so to say they were able to get a 3 year run on them to sell in the US. :)

It's good to see another Holden car come to the US. I just hope Pontiac does not mess it up and put some ugly front/rear bumpers like the did on the GTO. Either way it should be one nice car.

It's good to see that some people actually know about the car, it gets old being asked "is that the new G6" or some other BS at the gas station lol.

Lutz said they learned quite abit from the flop of the GTO and i think GM as a whole is really getting their **** together (and its about ****ing time)

Alpine CDA-9815
03-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Lutz said they learned quite abit from the flop of the GTO and i think GM as a whole is really getting their **** together (and its about ****ing time)
I wouldn't say they flopped. There were only 12-14k of them made a year. They have sold pretty well IMO. The problem was they never advertised for them much... the 2004's did not sell well but the 05-06's did well.

Eugenics
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't say they flopped. There were only 12-14k of them made a year. They have sold pretty well IMO. The problem was they never advertised for them much... the 2004's did not sell well but the 05-06's did well.

eh, they didn't reach NEAR the volume they wanted. I suppose its all open to interpretation but this is basically what i read.

Lessons from Pontiac
What Lutz (and GM) learned from the GTO flop.

By RICK KRANZ | AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

AutoWeek | Updated: 02/21/07, 12:24 pm et
CHICAGO - The 2008 Pontiac G8 is General Motors' second recent attempt to sell an Australian-assembled car in the United States.

The first, the 2004-06 Pontiac GTO, failed to reach sales expectations and was dropped. The coupe was based on the Holden Monaro.

During an interview this month at the Chicago Auto Show, GM Vice Chairman Bob Lutz said the automaker learned three lessons from the GTO:

1. The car's styling was not fresh. That body style had been on the market in Australia "for probably close to seven or eight years. So if you are going to bring in a car, it should be at the beginning of its design cycle, not at the end."

2. "We overpriced it."

3. The wrong dealers were targeted. Initial GTO distribution was based on historic Pontiac sales, which were heavily in the Midwest. But Midwest buyers did not want a rear-drive car. Instead, California should have been targeted at the beginning. "We will not make that mistake this time."