PDA

View Full Version : My regular cab install

schleppydotnet
02-11-2007, 06:54 PM
This was the first box I designed and carpeted myself (I had my carpenter friend build it). I realize that it pales in comparison to some of the enclosure-art that people are constructing on here, but I'm proud of it :D

I needed something that was small enough to fit behind the seats in my 07 Ranger, and still have some space to mount an amp to. Overall I've been very impressed by that little JBL sub. It was pretty cheap, and hits relatively hard and low for the box it's in. I may end up converting my bench seat to buckets and building a center console box with a more powerful 8 in it. We'll see.

Here it is installed:
http://www.schleppy.net/System/Installed01.jpg
Looks pretty good eh?

http://www.schleppy.net/System/Installed02.jpg
You can see that the armrest does hit the box/amp, but the sub does have a little breathing room behind the drivers seat.

Gear:
Alpine CDA-9856 HU
Infinity 6010CS Components
JBL GT0804 8" subwoofer.
Kenwood KAC-8402 4 Channel Amplifier

kickerlivinloud
02-11-2007, 06:59 PM
Good looking build!! Reg cabs are hard to work with, I know! Glad you found a spot for your amp, im my current system I couldn't find a spot for my amp.

Good job!

Jon

singlefordrange
02-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Lookin good! I also have a regular cab ranger! Lot cleaner than my setup though! i was gonna take some pics but it is dark so i'll show ya later! believe me though...it is pretty rough....

Chevyaudio
02-11-2007, 07:09 PM
I <3 Reg. cab trucks.

and I envy your legroom.

Pl8er
02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Looks really good!!

Does the sub hit your seat at all or does it not move that much? I saw you said it had a little breathing room, but wasn't sure how much that was.

Good job either way!

schleppydotnet
02-11-2007, 11:40 PM
If I really crank the seat all the way back and recline it back a bit it does in fact touch the rubber surround on the sub. However, I sit with the seat back fairly close to vertical, and I'm only 5'10" so I sit with the seat up a couple clicks. The sub always has a good amount of breathing room (at least two inches).

Thanks for the kind words! I look forward to tackling a much more complicated design the next time around.

singlefordrange
02-13-2007, 10:45 PM
very nice job on the carpet! I think i am gonna carpet my mojo 12" that i am going to try to cram into my single cab....