PDA

View Full Version : Help with Compustar R1600 One-Way Remote Starter

Rudolf Yaber
02-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Hi all,

New here, and not very knowledgeable about car starters, so I hope I have a simple question that has a simple answer.

I start the car remotely, and then I unlock the car remotely. My car will then lock automatically after about 30 seconds. It didn't do this the first month we owned it, so I wonder if I accidentally activated a security feature. This feature is a problem because we have a child, and recently our child was locked in the car because it locked automatically.

The manual is not helpful at all; it doesn't even describe most of the functions of the remote. These are the functions it does not describe:

- Horn - on/off
- Passive Locking - on/off
- Timer Start Mode - on/off
- Turbo Mode - on/off
- Programming Menu 1 - Installer Only
- Programming Menu 2 - Installer Only

I'm guessing this feature is "Passive Locking", but I tried to activate it and I couldn't get anything to change. Do I need to activate a Programming Menu to activate Passive Locking, and if so which one? Any thoughts are appreciated.

Rudolf Yaber
02-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Any thoughts?

LUV2BHATED
02-13-2007, 11:17 AM
its your passive locking thats what locks the doors automatically if you forget to

gl0ck
02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
passive locking, shut it offf.

Rudolf Yaber
02-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Thanks for your help. I was having trouble turning it off but got it figured out.