PDA

View Full Version : Box help please (hint hint Jmac)

badboyzx2
01-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Heres the thing. I am getting a 12" Shocker SS, and I need to build a box. I want ported around 35 or so. My max dimensions are 40" W, 18" H, and 10" (!!) D. That shallow depth may make it hard to port it. Any help?

80_Cutlass_mn
01-23-2003, 09:33 PM
It wont be as hard to port if the port is a slot port instead of a round tube. Slot ports dont have to be as long due to the increased surface area of the slot opposed to the round tube. I think, Jmac correct me if i'm wrong:confused: :rolleyes:

evo2k3
01-24-2003, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by 80_Cutlass_mn
It wont be as hard to port if the port is a slot port instead of a round tube. Slot ports dont have to be as long due to the increased surface area of the slot opposed to the round tube. I think, Jmac correct me if i'm wrong:confused: :rolleyes:

thats kind of right, but not for the right reason. Actully as port area increases the length also increases...there is more to it, because you are right that when round ports get ridiculously long, the slot ports are used....**** it i cannot think right now :confused:

80_Cutlass_mn
01-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by evo2k3
thats kind of right, but not for the right reason. Actully as port area increases the length also increases...there is more to it, because you are right that when round ports get ridiculously long, the slot ports are used....**** it i cannot think right now :confused:

Well im not a box expert, just a wiring and electronics guru:D

nogales
01-24-2003, 01:03 AM
the reason slots are used is because you get a larger crossection, from a shorter run, or in a space that would otherwise be hard to fit a long run with a round port.

crhye250r
01-24-2003, 02:17 AM
I can help ya out man...I just dont know any specs on the sub. If you can post them or direct me to them, i can whip ya up a box design pretty easy...

badboyzx2
01-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Heres a link to some specs-

http://www.splenduro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000059

That should have everthing, thanks.