View Full Version : ideas for my '97 528i

02-11-2007, 04:06 AM
so over the past months or so i been collecting everything i would need for my system...for my components up front, i got a/d/s/ 345cs that's gonna be powered by a pg x200.4.

what do you think i should do with the rear deck? was thinknig of leaving them stock but stock bmw audio is seriously SH1t...my car only fits 5.25's all around which ***** but yea. anyone know of any decent midbass drivers/subs in this size?

don't want to leave the rears out cuz i always have a lot of passengers and it wouldn't let any bass into the cabin anyways since the trunk is completely sealed off. was thinking midbass/subs because i will only be using a 12" AQ SD2.5 powerd by a pg 600.1 and would like something to supplement it (already gonna cut thru the metal sheet that seperates trunk/cabin to make a port so the bass can get in where the armest is).

02-11-2007, 03:06 PM

02-11-2007, 04:31 PM
maybe these?

02-11-2007, 09:00 PM
I feel that you should loose the rears. If you are going to cut a port for the sub then you won't need rear midbass. Try to put them up front. If you stage correctly the rear passagers won't miss a thing. I am currently building a 07 530xi and I will not be using any of the stock locations well maybe the subs under the front seats. Bimmers are tuff to upgrade for audio. weird speaker sizes, and locations.

02-11-2007, 11:33 PM
that is a thought, but for some reason i feel more comfortable puttin' something there, plus i like my bass so anyone have an reccomendations for any 5.25" midbass or subs?

02-12-2007, 12:31 PM
I ahve the same car as you. you can leave it as is but make sure u dont over power those stock speakers. i did and i blew them. but i was gonna change them out anyways.