PDA

View Full Version : ideas for my '97 528i

pdtran
02-11-2007, 05:06 AM
so over the past months or so i been collecting everything i would need for my system...for my components up front, i got a/d/s/ 345cs that's gonna be powered by a pg x200.4.

what do you think i should do with the rear deck? was thinknig of leaving them stock but stock bmw audio is seriously SH1t...my car only fits 5.25's all around which ***** but yea. anyone know of any decent midbass drivers/subs in this size?

don't want to leave the rears out cuz i always have a lot of passengers and it wouldn't let any bass into the cabin anyways since the trunk is completely sealed off. was thinking midbass/subs because i will only be using a 12" AQ SD2.5 powerd by a pg 600.1 and would like something to supplement it (already gonna cut thru the metal sheet that seperates trunk/cabin to make a port so the bass can get in where the armest is).

pdtran
02-11-2007, 04:06 PM
anyone?:eyebrow:

pdtran
02-11-2007, 05:31 PM
maybe these?

http://www.tb-speaker.com/detail/1208_03/w5-876sa.htm

opinions?

kublkmax
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I feel that you should loose the rears. If you are going to cut a port for the sub then you won't need rear midbass. Try to put them up front. If you stage correctly the rear passagers won't miss a thing. I am currently building a 07 530xi and I will not be using any of the stock locations well maybe the subs under the front seats. Bimmers are tuff to upgrade for audio. weird speaker sizes, and locations.

pdtran
02-12-2007, 12:33 AM
that is a thought, but for some reason i feel more comfortable puttin' something there, plus i like my bass so anyone have an reccomendations for any 5.25" midbass or subs?

Theride
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
I ahve the same car as you. you can leave it as is but make sure u dont over power those stock speakers. i did and i blew them. but i was gonna change them out anyways.