PDA

View Full Version : Python 990 Alarm

TribeX85
02-10-2007, 11:34 PM
ok Im gonna buy this alarm tomorrow at CC, i was wondering if it has the glass breakage sensor? also, if it doesnt, can i add this to it? http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-506T-GLASS-BREAKAGE-AUDIO-SENSOR-FOR-CAR-ALARM_W0QQitemZ200065904990QQihZ010QQcategoryZ7538 9QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item200065904990

it's not expensive and it says this on the description - If someone breaks your window via Porcelain, the glass will shatter but the shock sensor wont detect it. It will work for just about any alarm system.

I bought 8 extra Piezos btw :up2somet:

TribeX85
02-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Also, can I add this too?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEI-520T-VIPER-CLIFFORD-CAR-ALARM-BATTERY-POWER-BACK-UP_W0QQitemZ200065904985QQihZ010QQcategoryZ75389QQ cmdZViewItem?hash=item200065904985

Or Im open to suggestions if you have any other links as to where to buy a battery backup for the 990. Im paranoid right now cause my sisters whole system was jacked today in mid ****ing day, her alarm went off but she had parked her car like a few houses away in the parking lot there. I currently have a POS alarm that the dealer installed when I bought my truck.

Justin89T
02-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Yes you can install both.

THUNDERBIRD
02-11-2007, 03:12 PM
well that is a good price on the battery backup. i got mine for around that price. and if ur that paroniod about it make sure you mount for main siren in a good hidden spot and make sure it has a clearish path to the ground so it is loud and not muffled by metal and **** like that. you can get a battery backuped siren, you can get another shock sensor. but for a glass break you dont need it if you set ur shock sensor(s) high enough. r you gonna be doing the install or CC?

TribeX85
02-13-2007, 11:22 PM
well I wanted to see if they could do it, maybe I should give the Installer some bucks on the side to install them but I dont think he will go for it. I dunno, maybe Ill get them installed at a local shop.

THUNDERBIRD
02-14-2007, 08:08 AM
you should get one of the magnet switches for your tail gate then one of the trailer hookup switches for if you tow a trailer ever. and 2-3 peizos inside and you will be good.

Mexican3001
02-14-2007, 05:08 PM
sure all those things help.... but keep in mind they cant be easily viable or they can just cut any siren wire. if you get a battery backup with your main siren under the hood, the thief could just cut the siren wires and get what he/she needs to get done without the annoyance of a siren... just some things to keep in mind... i wouldn't get ridicules with adding multiple sirens one inside and in the truck should do the job if they are in the right place/hidden where the sound wont be trapped, but annoying... python 990 is a sweet alarm rem start i do have to say, better range. take this information as you wish its my own opinion http://www.caraudio.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Icon6

RFCV
02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Sure all those things help.... but keep in mind they can't be easily visable or they can just cut any siren wire. If you get a battery backup with your main siren under the hood, the thief could just cut the siren wires and get what he/she needs to get done without the annoyance of a siren... just some things to keep in mind...

A back-up siren can keep wailing though. Especially in a well hidden place inside. ;)

RFCV
02-17-2007, 09:30 PM
But for a glass break you don't need it if you set your shock sensor(s) high enough.

I would not recommend overcompensating your sensitivity setting on the shock to cover it because of being plagued with annoying false alarms & even worse with multiple sirens.

I had a theft attempt & the shock got them when they broke the window WITHOUT a glass break. Tint also, which helped to keep the tiny glass particles together.

Most reasonable setting for alarm sensor sensitivity levels are from 1/2 to 3/4 towards max. ;)

THUNDERBIRD
02-18-2007, 05:07 PM
i have mine at 3/4 i believe. with it being cold it gets set off more often.