PDA

View Full Version : '97 F-350 4x4 crew cab diesel will not start with key

TurnkeyConst06
02-10-2007, 12:40 PM
I have a Hornet 553T alarm/remote start. If I use the remote start, for the next 5 or so times, I get into my truck it will not crank with the key. I have to sit in it and use the remote start button. It's kinda aggrevating! Just in case I lose the remote then what would I do? If you can help please let me know.
Thanks!

THUNDERBIRD
02-10-2007, 01:50 PM
how long has it been installed? and who did the install? if it is new or been in a while and you had a shop do it take it back.

TurnkeyConst06
02-10-2007, 06:36 PM
Just purchased the truck 2 weeks ago. Have called several shops no one wants to take a look at it. I had to reprogram the remote to get the remote starter working. Sometimes after I use the remote start then it will not crank with the key. It worked fine today. Dont know if it has a setting in the system that will not allow to be started with the key or what. I like the system but sometimes can be annoying like when at work since we work out of my truck and you shut the tailgate or toolbox hard the alarm goes off. Dont know much about the shut-off procedure to keep it from doing it but I can live with it especially some places we work it could save my tools. I dont know where the date code is located to find out how old it is but doesnt look but maybe about 1 year old but cant really tell cause truck was in immaculate condition when i purchased it. Well if there is anything else that might be able to help ya out in letting me know I would appreciate it.

Louisiana_CRX
02-10-2007, 06:40 PM
It may be a bad connection in the starter wire if it was cut to hookup the remote start...It may have a good connection on the remote start side...but on the key or ignition side a bad connection...

SethPhillips
02-13-2007, 11:14 PM
dose the unit have a on board starter kill? or the wire from the remote start unit is hooked up to the starter wire but the key wire is not connected??

dose the truck start with the key?? sometimes??

TurnkeyConst06
02-14-2007, 05:33 AM
It does start with the key. But if I use the remote start excessively then it doesnt want to start with they key. Havent had time to check the starter wire but that does sound like it might not be getting good connection. Have been busy so havent had time to check it. Taking it to a shop to check it out today so will let you guys know. Appreciate the help!!!

springy101
02-14-2007, 06:15 AM
it might be the install, are you locking it from the remote but unlocking the door with the key then trying to start it? a lot of cars wont start after it has been locked with the remote until it is unlocked with the remote.