PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer 880 or...

gijoe
02-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Hey everyone my name is Joe and obviously I'm new. I'm shopping for a new hu and I've been having a little trouble. I have read some of the reviews and searched around but I'm exhausted and feel like I need a little help starting off. Well, I think I want the pioneer 880 but I don't want to limit myself since there are so many products out there. What I want is a hu designed simply for sq without all of the graphics and nonsense. I want a subtle, classy hu that sounds great. I want to spend between $300-$400 and I'm wondering it there are any particular decks that I should look at besides the 880. Thanks for the help!
JOe

zSnb
02-09-2007, 11:04 PM
880 is the deck for you. Anything else in that price range and you WILL be limiting yourself. DO IT!!!:eek:

stuckinok
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
880 or a Used eclipse CD7000

Towncar
02-09-2007, 11:08 PM
880 is the deck for you. Anything else in that price range and you WILL be limiting yourself. DO IT!!!:eek:

^^ indeed

60ndown
02-09-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey everyone my name is Joe and obviously I'm new. I'm shopping for a new hu and I've been having a little trouble. I have read some of the reviews and searched around but I'm exhausted and feel like I need a little help starting off. Well, I think I want the pioneer 880 but I don't want to limit myself since there are so many products out there. What I want is a hu designed simply for sq without all of the graphics and nonsense. I want a subtle, classy hu that sounds great. I want to spend between $300-$400 and I'm wondering it there are any particular decks that I should look at besides the 880. Thanks for the help!
JOe

thats exactly what it is, love mine :)

ChedNompton
02-09-2007, 11:14 PM
I agree with the 880, but I'd also look into Eclipse. Never had an eclipse, and currently own the 880, so a little bias maybe? But I've heard a lot of good reviews on the CD5000/7000, and on the old alpine decks, I think the Alpine 9835? (I'm probably wrong on the item #) Well good luck with your choice.

adam71
02-09-2007, 11:59 PM
JOe

The 880 is definitely for you. Its right in your price range. You want something without a bunch of nonsense which is what the current Eclipse units have all over them. They look like billboards with a bunch of advertising all over them. The Eclipse CD7000 may be a little higher quality deck but as said before its ugly as sin. I would also NEVER recommend buying something used just for it to fit into your price range. The 880 can be had new in your price range and at that price range its the best that can be had right now. I am biased toward Pioneer as I have used their headunits for the last 18 or so years. But I can tell you for sure its a more flexible deck than the 5000 and a better value(bang for the buck) than the 7000.

You won't be disappointed with it.;)

MBrock4u
02-10-2007, 03:29 AM
Kenwood Excelon X990. Awesome deck! Though I will agree with the other posts, the Pioneer 880 is a beauty. Either one of these decks, you should be very happy with.

champaned_out
02-10-2007, 06:22 AM
sorry for thread jack, hope the OP doesnt mind but does anyone know where i can get a spare remote for the 880? and how much do they usually cost?