PDA

View Full Version : Ran the sound machine at the track

Skip01
02-09-2007, 12:14 AM
Soo decided to take my piece of crap to the track and see what she said.
I was extremly happy with my times...for what i got and my weight its pretty good.Had some doubters saying i wouldnt break out the 16s

Welp heres the mods:

1995 Civic 4dr
b18b swap
eBay I\dented H\leaking E
bald *** tires
270lb fatass driving:crying:

Heres the vid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eouk8oRKjAo

Goin back in a month...hope to pull some low 15s..high 14s with a skinny driver mod:D

Let me know what ya think...:bigwave: :suave:

Lunchbocks
02-09-2007, 08:03 PM
Good lord a 2.44 60', oh man you gotta work on that.

BASSMEKANIK
02-09-2007, 08:08 PM
dont make me pull my go-cart out... :laugh:

Justinschmidt1
02-09-2007, 10:19 PM
wait..isnt this swapped engine supposed to make it faster?....

dvrmstrng
02-09-2007, 11:41 PM
i think my grand cherokee does that fast 1/4

Silver
02-09-2007, 11:44 PM
:eyebrow:

By car when it was stock ran that.

mid 13's for a tank now.:uhoh:

Twistid
02-09-2007, 11:45 PM
ewww bad reaction time...

Skip01
02-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Ouch....i only have 115hp to the wheels.
And im fat.

60ft times **** ***...i know this..thats my worst thing about the run.
Reaction times dont matter..u can sit there for an hr and runs 10s.

I had a blast....but ima hook up the juice and go back next month maybe.
My car stock runs 17.2...sooo i say my $1200 swap is worth it imo....still a Civic...which *****

Ignatowski
02-11-2007, 10:29 AM
why race at the track with a car like that anyways?
kinda boring dont ya think,of course if you ran it backwards
it may be more exciting

Alpine CDA-9815
02-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Yes I love when there is a bunch of slow ricers at the track running 15's-18's making the lanes an hour long to get a run in. WOOT!

Justinschmidt1
02-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I actually enjoy laughing at the cars that run 15-18s haha..especially when theyre trying to justify a 1200 dollars swap to run 15.9....i see like bone stock 1.8s altimas lowering tire pressure in the front running like 17s ..its a good laugh

Calikid
02-11-2007, 05:00 PM
:fyi: my tahoe does 11's going reverse :fyi:

Skip01
02-14-2007, 03:02 AM
why race at the track with a car like that anyways?
kinda boring dont ya think,of course if you ran it backwards
it may be more exciting

Why not...gotta start somewhere...as i said i throughly enjoyed my time there.

Yes I love when there is a bunch of slow ricers at the track running 15's-18's making the lanes an hour long to get a run in. WOOT!

Hey we pay our money just the same as you so sit in ur 2005 GTO and cry that u couldnt man up and buy a Corvette:laugh:
You drive a butched up G6...high five on the purchase:clap: :thumbupw:

P.S.- I hate ricers to.

I actually enjoy laughing at the cars that run 15-18s haha..especially when theyre trying to justify a 1200 dollars swap to run 15.9....i see like bone stock 1.8s altimas lowering tire pressure in the front running like 17s ..its a good laugh

Welp i dropped 2 secs off my time for just 1200...i think that justifies it enough already...and this was only my 3rd time down the track...ill bust out a 15.1 or so next time.

I also enjoy laughin at cars in the 17-18sec range that waste money on fart pipes and think there fast.

Whats even sadder is on this run i beat a WS6...my 15.9 to his 18.3...and run before a RX-8...sooo laugh at them first:laugh:

:fyi: my tahoe does 11's going reverse :fyi:

:eyebrow:

All in all...im happy with my times as i said before...of course there not up to par with anything that you all are used to seeing but for me quite content.

P.S.........GTOs ****:laugh:

Skip01
02-14-2007, 01:06 PM
If he ran an 18.3 in a WS6, either something was seriously wrong with his car, he stalled on the start, or it was actually a V6 Firebird ... and he still ***** at driving ... WS6s run mid-13s stock with a good driver ...

RX-8s run mid-14s stock with a good driver ... again, either he REALLY ***** at driving, his car was broken, or you're lying ...

In other words ...

:bsflag:

Welp...the WS6 stalled...and didnt know how to stage ran through the lights and pretty much made an *** of himself.

And i have no idea what happen with the RX-8..i have video of that run from the outside if u need proof.
That was my first run 16.3 to his 16.4...he was about a half car ahead a me than i just started pulling on him for some reason.
I know for sure from a roll both of those cars(bearing they know what their doing) would rape my face....but the track is a whole diff story if you dont know what ur doing.
The Civic was undefeated at the track 3-0:laugh:

neonrt
02-14-2007, 05:00 PM
If it was an auto rx-8, that would explain alot. those are slow. 15.9 is not that bad. you should have picked a better engine to swap with though. either way congradulations, you've just became as fast as a stock SOHC neon.;)

Skip01
02-14-2007, 08:18 PM
If it was an auto rx-8, that would explain alot. those are slow. 15.9 is not that bad. you should have picked a better engine to swap with though. either way congradulations, you've just became as fast as a stock SOHC neon.;)

Dk about the RX8...i know there are better swaps out there but for like 4k-5k...i only spent 1200 total and dropped 2 secs off my time.
I dont know of any other mod that can drop my time by that much for that cheap.
Nitrous is the only close thing but not nearly as reliable as a stock engine.
Well thats with a professional driver driving for a magazine that got that time for a Neon...let him drive mine and im sure he'd get 14s

tukn18s
02-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Dk about the RX8...i know there are better swaps out there but for like 4k-5k...i only spent 1200 total and dropped 2 secs off my time.
Well thats with a professional driver driving for a magazine that got that time for a Neon...let him drive mine and im sure he'd get 14s

looks fun to say the least, i've never ran my ws6 at the track, but i am sure its mid to low 12's, and the guys GTO that you decided to knock on, granted its no comparison to a vette or even my car in looks, but it sure as **** is preferred over your civic

Skip01
02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
looks fun to say the least, i've never ran my ws6 at the track, but i am sure its mid to low 12's, and the guys GTO that you decided to knock on, granted its no comparison to a vette or even my car in looks, but it sure as **** is preferred over your civic

Isnt much that isnt preferred over my Civic....never said mines looks better than his.

But its what i got to work with and im happy with it....by no means is it riced out...or anything similar.
But trust that a LSx based car is my next purchase.....def. not a GTO though:p:

neonrt
02-15-2007, 05:56 PM

I was talking about people around where i live running that fast in stock sohc neon. i have seen faster. i think iirc someone did a 15.6 in a base stock sohc.
My r/t when i bought it(dohc of course) ran 15.6 bone stock. fastest i have gotten to date was 14.9 with a header/intake. no p/s or a/c, and a mopar computer upgrade. that was with a 100 pounds of stereo in the rear as well.
i wasn't knocking you btw. 15.9 in a civic with just a basic 1.8 swap is failry good. worth the 1200 imo. now get some cams/gears and a few others and run into the 14's.:D

Skip01
02-15-2007, 06:16 PM
I was talking about people around where i live running that fast in stock sohc neon. i have seen faster. i think iirc someone did a 15.6 in a base stock sohc.
My r/t when i bought it(dohc of course) ran 15.6 bone stock. fastest i have gotten to date was 14.9 with a header/intake. no p/s or a/c, and a mopar computer upgrade. that was with a 100 pounds of stereo in the rear as well.
i wasn't knocking you btw. 15.9 in a civic with just a basic 1.8 swap is failry good. worth the 1200 imo. now get some cams/gears and a few others and run into the 14's.:D

Ahh..ok thought u was like the others in this thread.

Mann you know them older freakin Saturns SCs DOHC run pretty good stock...just a random thought:laugh:

But yehh i think i may just do some cams and what not than throw my 75shot on and see some 13s hopefully with good tires.
Hope everyone knows my engine is non-vtec....if i had a GSR running 15.9 id shoot myself.
Also like i said first time at the track soo i need to practice my launches..i should be able to get down to a 15.3 the way i sit now.
Ill be back in a month:naughty:

neonrt
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Ahh..ok thought u was like the others in this thread.

Mann you know them older freakin Saturns SCs DOHC run pretty good stock...just a random thought:laugh:

But yehh i think i may just do some cams and what not than throw my 75shot on and see some 13s hopefully with good tires.
Hope everyone knows my engine is non-vtec....if i had a GSR running 15.9 id shoot myself.
Also like i said first time at the track soo i need to practice my launches..i should be able to get down to a 15.3 the way i sit now.
Ill be back in a month:naughty:

i am most likely one of the more serious people on here. Although i do get silly once and a while, mostly when eminence is brought up;) .

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Isnt much that isnt preferred over my Civic....never said mines looks better than his.

But its what i got to work with and im happy with it....by no means is it riced out...or anything similar.
But trust that a LSx based car is my next purchase.....def. not a GTO though:p:

i am not a big fan of the gto either, if they were going to bring that general motors legend back, they should've at least made it a somewhat attractive vehicle, but its good to hear you'll be leaving the rice and buying the lsx. Just go with the c6z, thatll do the trick :eek:

ngsm13
02-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Civics ****.

Why waste your money?

So ghey.

nG

Skip01
02-17-2007, 09:33 PM
i am not a big fan of the gto either, if they were going to bring that general motors legend back, they should've at least made it a somewhat attractive vehicle, but its good to hear you'll be leaving the rice and buying the lsx. Just go with the c6z, thatll do the trick :eek:

Haha...i wish i had enough for a c6z...but more than likely a z28,SS,WS6......or FC RX7 LS1:idea:

Civics ****.

Why waste your money?

So ghey.

nG

Ahhh...its all i gots to work with for the moment.And ive only put in about 1500 total to this car soo i dont consider it a waste....as i said to drop 2 secs from my 1/4 time thats not at all wasting it.
Granted its still a 15.9 but its all in my driving..ill get lower with practice and better tires and a lil juice:naughty:

Ghey only to haters my friend.....but i agree def. more gay Civics out there than tastefully done ones

rammin
02-17-2007, 09:47 PM
My quad cab truck will pwn your car

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 09:55 PM

most definetely go with the ws6, much better looking than the ss or z28 with the exception of a very small few lol an rx7 with the ls1 isnt quite bad either, check out this one. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649798&highlight=rx7 i am 100 percent against rice and even i would consider rocking this biotch

Skip01
02-17-2007, 09:55 PM

V8......4cyl.....:eyebrow:
Like claiming ur faster than a kid with no legs

But id run ya....my time doesnt justify my cars potentil(if any) from a roll

If anyone has ever been to the track they know times are made in the first 60ft

most definetely go with the ws6, much better looking than the ss or z28 with the exception of a very small few lol an rx7 with the ls1 isnt quite bad either, check out this one. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=649798&highlight=rx7 i am 100 percent against rice and even i would consider rocking this biotch

Def. looked at this one already...been lurking on LS1tech for a while now..got a few posts in the audi sections hehe.
But i want the older RX7s the FCs..this is a FD...and def. nothin close to rice about it.
Too much though if i would get a RX7 LS1 swap id like to stay around 10k.

Thanks for the comments...mann at first i was all on the WS6 but the flip up lights are starting to mess me a lil.
The Camaro just looks much cleaner imo....but who knows.

tukn18s
02-17-2007, 10:03 PM

Def. looked at this one already...been lurking on LS1tech for a while now..got a few posts in the audi sections hehe.
But i want the older RX7s the FCs..this is a FD...and def. nothin close to rice about it.

Thanks for the comments...mann at first i was all on the WS6 but the flip up lights are starting to mess me a lil.

definetely disagree on the last statement, but to each his own, they make some non flip-up lights for the t/a's. The t/a is just more mean looking, and has better lines in my opinion, the design of the camaro is really f-ed up right around the mirrors. I love my car and its been nothing but fun

Skip01
02-17-2007, 10:09 PM
definetely disagree on the last statement, but to each his own, they make some non flip-up lights for the t/a's. The t/a is just more mean looking, and has better lines in my opinion, the design of the camaro is really f-ed up right around the mirrors. I love my car and its been nothing but fun

I hear ya...cant go wrong with either choice....they both carry LS1s:naughty:

energizedsbs
02-17-2007, 10:19 PM
88mph thought you were going back in time doc...

Skip01
02-17-2007, 10:22 PM
88mph thought you were going back in time doc...

Didnt get the 1.21 gigawatts i was hoping for...:laugh:

"This is heavy Doc"

SAG3
02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
I hope my car is faster than that ****, even thought it's the same motor.

SAG3
02-17-2007, 11:35 PM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE1MzU0MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

Lets go LS-VTEC.

Skip01
02-18-2007, 01:08 AM
I hope my car is faster than that ****, even thought it's the same motor.

Welp im lighter than you soo i doubt it.
But as i said like 3 times this will not be my fastest times...only 3rd time down a track
I should be about 15.1 with me driving,and 14s with a lighter driver

Yeh LS-Vtec is a logical choice but id rather FI...and not a BTL..*wink*

http://www.importreview.com/dyno/turbo/usls4.jpg

rammin
02-18-2007, 01:11 AM

You are also talking about a 6000 lb vehicle vs 1500? i dont know the weight of your car. plus you are supposed to have a better engine. im still using my stock engine with a few minor upgrades

Skip01
02-18-2007, 01:23 PM
You are also talking about a 6000 lb vehicle vs 1500? i dont know the weight of your car. plus you are supposed to have a better engine. im still using my stock engine with a few minor upgrades

But i have a 4cyl....and i wish i was 1500lbs...with me in it im about 2600.
Better engine...yes...but still not ridiculous...only putting down 115hp to the wheels(Dyno Dnamics which reads slightly low)

Yehh and we all know how good V8s respond to mods......with my I/H/E i prolly made about 10hp if im lucky.
**** your truck can make that with prolly a change of spark plugs.

What gears u have in her?
My friend has a quad cab Dodge with normal V8(no hemi) with a tuner...and ill rape him pretty badly.
Than again another friend has a Chevy quad cab with throttle spacer,exhaust,Diablo,and intake....and he'll wax me all night.

But ill get them all on gas..:yumyum:

Bring ur truck to the track and get some times....if u have an auto u prolly will beat me...my launchin is killing me the most,whereas u just have to mash and go.:crying:

Alpine CDA-9815
02-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Why not...gotta start somewhere...as i said i throughly enjoyed my time there.

Hey we pay our money just the same as you so sit in ur 2005 GTO and cry that u couldnt man up and buy a Corvette:laugh:
You drive a butched up G6...high five on the purchase:clap: :thumbupw:

P.S.........GTOs ****:laugh:
Civics are not the place to start on trying to make a fast car. Yes you may pay like the rest of the guys do, but when you are running crap times all day what is the point?

Why would I want a Vett? Sorry but I prefer comfortable over anything else which is the main reason why I got the GTO. The interior is top notch, very comfortable, no rattles, etc. On top of that after I found out that Holden made the car I just had to have one.

As far as the looks go I can care less. I just wish Pontiac would have brought the car over as the Monaro just as it is in Australia, but whatever. You know Pontiac would mess something up (the hideous front/rear bumper they put on and the GTO name). Oh well I'm just excited they did bring it over to the US.

I love people that talk crap about the car and know nothing about it. :)

Alpine CDA-9815
02-18-2007, 04:46 PM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE1MzU0MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

Lets go LS-VTEC.
Woot for no torque!

Grim
02-18-2007, 04:57 PM
Civics are not the place to start on trying to make a fast car. Yes you may pay like the rest of the guys do, but when you are running crap times all day what is the point?

Why would I want a Vett? Sorry but I prefer comfortable over anything else which is the main reason why I got the GTO. The interior is top notch, very comfortable, no rattles, etc. On top of that after I found out that Holden made the car I just had to have one.

As far as the looks go I can care less. I just wish Pontiac would have brought the car over as the Monaro just as it is in Australia, but whatever. You know Pontiac would mess something up (the hideous front/rear bumper they put on and the GTO name). Oh well I'm just excited they did bring it over to the US.

X2..You know nothing of the GTO. I looked into the GTO because its not a ****ing 2 seater...a little more practicle...hell they almost cost the same as a vette...

You prove how little you know with the butchered up G6 comment...considering there NOTHING alike...besides being Pontiac...

cause 400hp is something to balk at

I think we all hate ricers, but everyone is entitled time on the track. Some people put alot of money and or time into there cars to make them fast. Some people do it just to do it. I have a buddy who runs a sub 14 1/4 Mile on a NA Ecotec Powered Cavalier. He could have easily thrown FI on there and went faster, but he wanted to do it as a challange. I am the same way, As much as I love to have a car thats just powerful and mean, it is fun to build civics, and Acuras, and other sport compact cars...its a challange.

Also ricers arent every guy that ownes a SCC...ricers are ones who add just a fart pipe, or put a huge wing on it. All show and no go...

I dont drive a sport compact before anyone asks...

odie3283
02-18-2007, 05:02 PM
If you run slower than 13's, please leave your weiner car home...You waste everyone's time

Skip01
02-18-2007, 05:28 PM
GOd i hate people like you that make lines at the track long because you think you can drive/race. I mean, you have guts to post up how ****** you drive, thats cool. My 3.8 camaro will murder you btw.

How am i holding up the lines.....what really holds up the lines is stock block 5.0s thinking they can run 200shots with no fuel mods..true story.
If my 15sec qm time is holding up the line and making u a lil annoyed than maybe the track isnt for u....there were plenty of ridiculously slower times when i went and i sure didnt complain...and maybe the WS6 that ran a 18.3 and one that ran a 25sec time when me and my friend were doin our 15 sec runs would be a better complaing story.
When did i ever say i think i can drive/race....i wanted to see what my time was and i paid my money sooo sit there and **** and moan all day long if u want.
BTW i dont hate u sir...you work with what u got.

Civic not a good starting point...u sir are retarded.....i could show u plenty of 10sec Civic that have full a/c and power steering and are daily driven.
Of course you are gonna comeback with "Its still a Civic"...but its ok. I know Civic are frowned upon by some muscle guys...but the majority of them respect another mans attempt to be/get faster.

I sure didnt know about the Austraila thing...but didnt really care...the G6 was a joke....but i dont like the look of GTOs personally.
But gotta respect the LS2? that comes in them....400hp is 400hp.

X2..You know nothing of the GTO. I looked into the GTO because its not a ****ing 2 seater...a little more practicle...hell they almost cost the same as a vette...

You prove how little you know with the butchered up G6 comment...considering there NOTHING alike...besides being Pontiac...

cause 400hp is something to balk at

Yehh the G6 was a joke.

I love all the comments please keep them coming....i take me owning a Civic very lightly and can take a harsh comment so please feel free to bash...just be sure u can take me attempting a comeback sentence

rammin
02-18-2007, 05:34 PM
But i have a 4cyl....and i wish i was 1500lbs...with me in it im about 2600.
Better engine...yes...but still not ridiculous...only putting down 115hp to the wheels(Dyno Dnamics which reads slightly low)

Yehh and we all know how good V8s respond to mods......with my I/H/E i prolly made about 10hp if im lucky.
**** your truck can make that with prolly a change of spark plugs.

What gears u have in her?
My friend has a quad cab Dodge with normal V8(no hemi) with a tuner...and ill rape him pretty badly.
Than again another friend has a Chevy quad cab with throttle spacer,exhaust,Diablo,and intake....and he'll wax me all night.

But ill get them all on gas..:yumyum:

Bring ur truck to the track and get some times....if u have an auto u prolly will beat me...my launchin is killing me the most,whereas u just have to mash and go.:crying:

Mine is also the 4.7. I have flowmasters, electric cutouts, cold air, airram scoop, airram powerwire, and im waiting on my 4.56's and headers to get here, then the cam swap

RedlineAccord
02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Civic :furious: *rawr*

*precedes to bash Hondas, civics, ricers, and 4 cylinders for the next 4 pages of this post*

PS -

GTO = <3

My car club's turbo Honda S2000 = <3 x10000

Skip01
02-18-2007, 05:40 PM
Mine is also the 4.7. I have flowmasters, electric cutouts, cold air, airram scoop, airram powerwire, and im waiting on my 4.56's and headers to get here, then the cam swap

Nice....well my friend with the same has only intake and ebay tuner.
They come with 3.73s stock correct....man those 4.56s should make the biggest diff. My Dads 5.7 '93 Silverado has the power but i believe 2.73 or worse gears kills it from being fun....and the open diff doesnt help much.

Good Luck with the mods

rammin
02-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks man. Tell your friend to sign up at www.dodgetalk.com they can really help him with his truck. There is a guy on there running under 12 N/A. Its a beast. And yes the gears make all the diff. right now im still gettin 23 HW MPG.

Grim
02-18-2007, 05:47 PM
How am i holding up the lines.....what really holds up the lines is stock block 5.0s thinking they can run 200shots with no fuel mods..true story.
If my 15sec qm time is holding up the line and making u a lil annoyed than maybe the track isnt for u....there were plenty of ridiculously slower times when i went and i sure didnt complain...and maybe the WS6 that ran a 18.3 and one that ran a 25sec time when me and my friend were doin our 15 sec runs would be a better complaing story.
When did i ever say i think i can drive/race....i wanted to see what my time was and i paid my money sooo sit there and **** and moan all day long if u want.
BTW i dont hate u sir...you work with what u got.

Civic not a good starting point...u sir are retarded.....i could show u plenty of 10sec Civic that have full a/c and power steering and are daily driven.
Of course you are gonna comeback with "Its still a Civic"...but its ok. I know Civic are frowned upon by some muscle guys...but the majority of them respect another mans attempt to be/get faster.

I sure didnt know about the Austraila thing...but didnt really care...the G6 was a joke....but i dont like the look of GTOs personally.

Yehh the G6 was a joke.

I love all the comments please keep them coming....i take me owning a Civic very lightly and can take a harsh comment so please feel free to bash...just be sure u can take me attempting a comeback sentence

Never once bashed the civic..think i stuck up for it actually...

I would LOOOOVE to see some DD 10 second Hondas with AC and the works...i know civics are fully capable of 10 seconds or better...but i havent seen many that are DD and comfortable

Skip01
02-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Never once bashed the civic..think i stuck up for it actually...

I would LOOOOVE to see some DD 10 second Hondas with AC and the works...i know civics are fully capable of 10 seconds or better...but i havent seen many that are DD and comfortable

Yeh i wasnt directing the bashin thing towards u...just meant in general.

Check out honda-tech.com few on there.
"Comfortable Civic" is a oxymoron :)

Alpine CDA-9815
02-18-2007, 05:53 PM

What I'm saying is overall how many fast imports do you see vs muscle cars? Yes there are 10 second Civics out there (my cousin use to have one) but they are not very common. Though there will never be a comfortable 10 second DD Civic...

I myself don't care for the looks of the GTO, though for what you get with the car I'll deal with it. I also love when people ask me if it's a G6, I get to play around with them and confuse the hell out of them... it makes me smile :)

Ctminime
02-18-2007, 05:55 PM
i would be interested to see what my monte can do on a track with all the weight of system and not to mention that its a 2500 pound car to begin with

tukn18s
02-18-2007, 06:12 PM
your monte will have the 3.4l, which more than likely translates to slow, the ss's have some balls to them being the 3.8l, but itd be interesting to run it in the 1/4, the ss's in 2000 ran like a 16.1 or something like that

Iroc313
02-18-2007, 06:30 PM
why do you have a basketball player as your AVI? and why do you post videos of your 15 second civic, then talk **** about cars that are faster than yours...

you are a ****ing poptart.

Skip01
02-18-2007, 06:31 PM
your monte will have the 3.4l, which more than likely translates to slow, the ss's have some balls to them being the 3.8l, but itd be interesting to run it in the 1/4, the ss's in 2000 ran like a 16.1 or something like that

Arent they S/Ced(SS)...**** i thought theyd run faster than that.

tukn18s
02-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Arent they S/Ced(SS)...**** i thought theyd run faster than that.

naw they didnt put superchargers in them until 04, until then they were a stage 2 3.8l v6 (please correct me if i am wrong). Definetely a strong running motor, its what they put in the v6 camaros, raced a buddy once in my moms 2001ss monte, he took me 0-60 because he had a 5 speed, after that he couldnt pull on me at all. The 3.8l may be one of the best engines gm has run. Now the new monte ss with the 5.3l with 303hp, id like to take that for a spin, probably pretty fun, but, like i said, no superchargers on the 3.8l until 04, before that, just the ole 3.8l

RedlineAccord
02-18-2007, 08:07 PM
i would be interested to see what my monte can do on a track with all the weight of system and not to mention that its a 2500 pound car to begin with

Are you on crack? A 2500 pound 01 monte carlo? Is it stripped for racing or something? lol Those things weigh at LEAST 3300 pounds.

odie3283
02-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Yeah, they're not 2500 pounds...

These assholes seem to know little to nothing about cars anyway...Why not just put a sound system in your house and leave the car talk to grown ups???

tukn18s
02-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah, they're not 2500 pounds...

These assholes seem to know little to nothing about cars anyway...Why not just put a sound system in your house and leave the car talk to grown ups???

i am going to assume you are not referring to me, as I have provided nothing but facts on the matter. Also, I happen to know enough about cars to consider myself knowledgeable. In no way an expert, but enough to talk to the grown ups:laugh:

saywhat?
02-18-2007, 09:12 PM
GOd i hate people like you that make lines at the track long because you think you can drive/race. I mean, you have guts to post up how ****** you drive, thats cool. My 3.8 camaro will murder you btw.

that just means you need to get faster, to make up for his slow times. looking at it that way....your too slow, and backing the lines up.

Where else can you learn to drive/race legally...Last I heard to go in a straight line as fast as possible legally, the dragstrip is the only place.

saywhat?
02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
why do you have a basketball player as your AVI? and why do you post videos of your 15 second civic, then talk **** about cars that are faster than yours...

strawberry with the little crystal sprinkles, or smores?

odie3283
02-18-2007, 10:08 PM
i am going to assume you are not referring to me, as I have provided nothing but facts on the matter. Also, I happen to know enough about cars to consider myself knowledgeable. In no way an expert, but enough to talk to the grown ups:laugh:

No, you're good...

However, it's not stage 2 3.8...It was actually series 3...Series 2 prior to, and you get it...

Good engines, just have head gasket, and intake gasket issues...That's about it though...Run forever

Skip01
02-18-2007, 10:44 PM

Haha....i like you.

Just come out and say what u mean...loving it.

First...i like bball and hes my fav player and where i got my forum name from.

2nd question...because i can......and how bout taking off the plural on videos...i only posted one.
Why do you have 2 posts and this is ur 2nd...great way to start it off buddy.

Assuming from ur name u own an Iroc Z...now u do know that those are only a few tenths off my time...stock of course.

Again thanks everyone for the comments...ill be back in like 2 weeks to the track...**** i need some new tires but ill go like this.
Hopefully get some 15.5s and shock the world:laugh: