PDA

View Full Version : remote starter / suzuki swift 1995 (automatic)

malaiwah
01-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Hi.

I just tried to install a remote starter on my girlfriend's car and I have trouble with the tach signal wire. I looked at a diagram and it seems to be the "brown/white wire at the igniter". I found a brown/white wire under the hood, connected to something which looks like the "igniter".. But I also found a brown/white wire under the steering, connecting to something which seems to be the ECU. Can I hook up the wire there instead of running a wire under the hood?

The car is a Poniac Firefly 1995. It's a variant of SUZUKI SWIFT 2DR 1995 AUTOMATIC because it's written "Suzuki Corporation" under the hood ;-) Can someone tell me which wire to tap into for the tach signal wire?

The remote starter unit is named ON/Start and she got it for free. The unit was into another car, I don't have any programming instructions with the unit but with trial and errors, I found out that tapping quickly the yellow wire on the ground tells the unit the tach signal.

Thanks a lot,

nismboy6986
01-28-2003, 08:52 PM
does the car have a tach? u could connect it to this wire. it seems u found two wires that u think are the tach wire. u can use a voltmeter and see which one has AC voltage and that should be your tach wire. do u know if the remote starter has a tachless mode. if the car is a '95 it should be new enough for the tachless mode to work on the car.

malaiwah
01-29-2003, 09:19 AM
The car doesn't have a tach in the dash.

I would like to use the tachless mode of the starter, but having no programming manual, I can't do it by myself and I'm not sure this unit can be tachless.

ON/START remote car starter. The unit can lock/unlock power doors, remote start vehicule, has a "aux output".. Any1 could tell me how to make it work on this car please?? ;)

DarkHemprey
02-17-2003, 02:13 PM
i wouldnt waste my time on a suzki my opnion :furious:

malaiwah
02-17-2003, 02:23 PM
conclusion: the brown wire going to the ECU, that I thought was the tach source WAS NOT! ;-) for a suzuki swift 1995, you must really take the brown/white wire at the igniter (located on the firewall).

it works like a charm now and my girlfriend is really happy of the installation!